E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Just got back in from riding down back to check on my deer and with it only being 48* with a 15mph North wind..........

I'm taking my added heat shield out!!!!!

Reactions: Plumber32
P

pgregory

Sep 18, 2017
lafayette tn
Ownership

1. 1000-5
i have installed a 1" layer of ceramic insulation under front seat, around seat belts, and against fuel tank on our p1k-5.
it is only 2" between header and fuel tank!!!!!! to me that is the much bigger issue. there is a shield between them but i wonder why the fuel tank was put on the same side as exhaust!!!!...duh!! it could have just as easily been put on the drivers side.

we also lay a folded blanket between seat and back from door to door. all that is plenty for front seat comfort.
not sure about rear floorboard but the ceramic blanket should work there too.

Reactions: moparornocar
H

HondaTech

Just got off the phone again with another rep, first of all they called me a liar and said that no one told me to call back in 2 weeks which is not true. They also said that they don't have a date for the fix but are working on it. It looks like we are getting the run around again which doesn't sit well with me. I asked should I get a lawyer involved and he said to do what we got to do. My suggestion is for everyone on this forum to constantly call and be a thorn in their side until it is resolved.

I've done several of these kits, we're on standby now because they are completely out. I was told to hold off ordering till this past Friday on Monday. Then i was told Friday that I couldnt order any more till this coming week. They really underestimated the demand for this, which is odd, because it important enough for them to take notice of. I would have never released this without a sizeable amount of inventory,

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine worked well except for the steam from water crossings.

1BadDart

1BadDart

Oct 21, 2016
W. KY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I've done several of these kits, we're on standby now because they are completely out. I was told to hold off ordering till this past Friday on Monday. Then i was told Friday that I couldnt order any more till this coming week. They really underestimated the demand for this, which is odd, because it important enough for them to take notice of. I would have never released this without a sizeable amount of inventory,

Honda is footing the bill on this.....correct?

The reason I ask is that I spoke with my dealer when I saw this posted here and was put on their list for the fix. Friday I received an e-mail with an invoice for $202 and a note that my "special order parts" were in.

AZhunter

AZhunter

Jan 26, 2017
Peoria, Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5

The reason I ask is that I spoke with my dealer when I saw this posted here and was put on their list for the fix. Friday I received an e-mail with an invoice for $202 and a note that my "special order parts" were in.
It's free, parts and labor!

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Did you receive the notice in the mail from Honda yet? If no, wait until you receive then walk in to pick up your parts with it.
If yes, bring the notice in and ask them why they are charging you for a product improvement campaign.

Reactions: Plumber32
Josephdmillerrph

Josephdmillerrph

Sep 27, 2017
Calvin, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My brother and I are both on the list at my dealer to get the heat fix. I'm seriously debating whether to get it done or not. We are in West Virginia. Hot summers and cold winters. Has anyone had Honda's heat fix done AND also wants it removed for the winter? The heat is nice during the winter. How easy is it to remove?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500

Dude, what dealer is this that I should avoid?
This sounds really strange - seams like guys are able to get the heat kit without the letter in hand.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
My brother and I are both on the list at my dealer to get the heat fix. I'm seriously debating whether to get it done or not. We are in West Virginia. Hot summers and cold winters. Has anyone had Honda's heat fix done AND also wants it removed for the winter? The heat is nice during the winter. How easy is it to remove?

First WELCOME! And the kit is just rubber flaps that cover all the open areas under your seat, I think you can just fold them up and let the heat rise.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

Your dealers been smoking weed!

Reactions: Mudwing
Josephdmillerrph

Josephdmillerrph

Sep 27, 2017
Calvin, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
First WELCOME! And the kit is just rubber flaps that cover all the open areas under your seat, I think you can just fold them up and let the heat rise.

Thanks for the welcome! There is tons of info on here from people that actually have and ride these.

1BadDart

1BadDart

Oct 21, 2016
W. KY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'm hoping it's just a standard e-mail generated when parts for someone arrive. Calling tomorrow to verify. These guys have been business for Many years, in fact I bought my first three wheeler from them in 1984.

TxRider

TxRider

Oct 17, 2016
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm hoping it's just a standard e-mail generated when parts for someone arrive. Calling tomorrow to verify. These guys have been business for Many years, in fact I bought my first three wheeler from them in 1984.
Called my dealer they ordered the part and I had it installed this past Saturday, no letter required. No charge for parts or labor!

B

boOkerT

Apr 20, 2021
Bellingham, Washington
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looks like an topic thats been going for awhile... I'm new to side by sides I don't currently have the one I ordered yet (be a couple months I'm told). So I'm getting the 1000/5 seater is this still a problem on the newer models?

Reactions: ChadD
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Looks like an topic thats been going for awhile... I'm new to side by sides I don't currently have the one I ordered yet (be a couple months I'm told). So I'm getting the 1000/5 seater is this still a problem on the newer models?
Yes, but the forum has quite a few threads covering various mitigating measures. Nothing eradicates the heat though.......

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!