Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Lets talk next week. I want the same thing. My trail riding is 0-20mph tops (probably most is around 15) and I want it as smooth as possible. If I'm going faster than that its on roads that arent very rough anyway. So I'd like to make my suspension better to really soak up the bumps at low speeds.

@Cuoutdoors A lot also depends on where you want your tires and where you want your ride height to be. I started my process because I wanted to get rid of the lift and loose a little ride height.

@ohanacreek - interested to hear what your ride height is set at from what ever points you measure.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Lets talk next week. I want the same thing. My trail riding is 0-20mph tops (probably most is around 15) and I want it as smooth as possible. If I'm going faster than that its on roads that arent very rough anyway. So I'd like to make my suspension better to really soak up the bumps at low speeds.

Take it for a spin, I drove Joeys for a couple miles for Overland Pre-run and 100yds in I would’ve been trying to find springs if I’d had service.

@ohanacreek - interested to hear what your ride height is set at from what ever points you measure.

Factory tire on and set to factory clearance under the skids, then put Evos back on. I am running no “lift” just slightly taller tires 30” when new vs 26” when new.

Edit: I was fully loaded minus the Ridgid boxes and small cooler so my doors were full and tools under seat, full cab installed. Factory squats with that load. It does squat a bit when I add the boxes and cooler it’s about @125lbs PLUS the new winch bumper... I may add a little to the pre-load...

Last edited:
GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got my ebrake bracket installed. Works good..thanks @ToddACimer
20190520 201625

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Straightening out the crossmembers...gonna have to reinforce them soon...too many irons in the fire right now though..
View attachment 133427 View attachment 133428
I used the same kind of steel as Joey I think its "1080" or also referred to as cold rolled..... I think Joey used 3/4" square and it worked well. I went to my local welding shop and all they had was some 7/8" solid round. I lucked out and It fits perfectly in the groove and sits flush with the frame.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!