Calendar Group ride Mulberry Mountian [Feb 7, 2019] (Mulberry mountain lodge)

Razorback

Razorback

Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2015
Van Buren, AR
Ownership

1. Talon X
Wish I could have stayed and rode. I asked the wife if I could drive her home and drop her off. She looked annoyed and said “no”. Lol. I asked anyways. We can do it again later this year when it warms up. There is a TON you didn’t see. If they pass that law on Monday that opens buckhorn and mill creek together, it’s going to be amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Have you seen what the route will be to connect the trails together?

Landman

Landman

The Great Bearded One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 27, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
For those interested in the audio interrupt that @nbomar had, here's the website for them. He was using the 3.5mm version, but it looks like they also have an RCA version for those running dedicated amps. There's also one that ties into the speaker out, although I'd found that one on another website at the same price.

Hey Bomar, can you confirm something for me - after you got it working correctly, when you're playing something off your phone, does it just mute the music or does it actually pause the song during HAM activity? I know it was pausing the play from your phone when you were using that dual power/3.5mm plug causing it not to work right, but they all list that the audio is muted so I wasn't sure.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
For those interested in the audio interrupt that @nbomar had, here's the website for them. He was using the 3.5mm version, but it looks like they also have an RCA version for those running dedicated amps. There's also one that ties into the speaker out, although I'd found that one on another website at the same price.

Hey Bomar, can you confirm something for me - after you got it working correctly, when you're playing something off your phone, does it just mute the music or does it actually pause the song during HAM activity? I know it was pausing the play from your phone when you were using that dual power/3.5mm plug causing it not to work right, but they all list that the audio is muted so I wasn't sure.
I had a question about that as well.
Is there any reason you cannot use a Bluetooth dongle plugged into the interrupter 3.5mm plug? If it simply mutes the volume this should work.

https://www.amazon.com/APEKX-Bluetooth-Headphones-Wireless-Hands-Free/dp/B01MUXYVOA/?tag=sxsweb24-20

Reactions: sharp and BWAF
Landman

Landman

The Great Bearded One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 27, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I had a question about that as well.
Is there any reason you cannot use a Bluetooth dongle plugged into the interrupter 3.5mm plug? If it simply mutes the volume this should work.

https://www.amazon.com/APEKX-Bluetooth-Headphones-Wireless-Hands-Free/dp/B01MUXYVOA/ref=sr_1_4?crid=NEZLWGVPBBA4&keywords=3.5mm+bluetooth+receiver+for+headphones&qid=1550162296&s=gateway&sprefix=3.5mm+bluetooth+receiver+f,aps,207&sr=8-4
Yeah, we talked about that a bit when we were testing the different dongles trying to get it his to work correctly and technically it would work I think. With the NOAM system I've got, my issue is using the 3.5mm plug would render play/pause/skip functions useless on the control panel. The only thing that would work would be the volume... to skip/pause songs, I'd have to use the phone. Seems to me, the best setup would be a system using dedicated amps and using the RCA version. I've tested my system with the 3.5mm plug and I can hear a bit of static compared to using the bluetooth. I think when working correctly, all versions will just mute and not pause the main audio, so I may try the version that ties into the speaker out lines... or maybe I should get a new system with amps!!

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah, we talked about that a bit when we were testing the different dongles trying to get it his to work correctly and technically it would work I think. With the NOAM system I've got, my issue is using the 3.5mm plug would render play/pause/skip functions useless on the control panel. The only thing that would work would be the volume... to skip/pause songs, I'd have to use the phone. Seems to me, the best setup would be a system using dedicated amps and using the RCA version. I've tested my system with the 3.5mm plug and I can hear a bit of static compared to using the bluetooth. I think when working correctly, all versions will just mute and not pause the main audio, so I may try the version that ties into the speaker out lines... or maybe I should get a new system with amps!!
Hmm... I'm gonna play asshole here....
A new system only puts you further back until you acquire your trailer.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Just mutes. That dongle was bad and I removed it.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok I can confirm the wetsounds Bluetooth adapter is the way to go! I wired it up real quick and tested and it doesn’t have feedback (I had some prior), quickly mutes music and get very loud and clear ham communication then quickly cuts back to audio. Only downside I can see if you have to hit the Bluetooth button on the sound bar when you turn it on so it switches to 3.5mm. It defaults to Bluetooth everytime. (You are connecting to the sound bar, you are connecting to the adapter so it goes through the audio interrupter)

I really like it and makes communication much better for people that struggle to hear the audio on the vhf/uhf radio.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Ok I can confirm the wetsounds Bluetooth adapter is the way to go! I wired it up real quick and tested and it doesn’t have feedback (I had some prior), quickly mutes music and get very loud and clear ham communication then quickly cuts back to audio. Only downside I can see if you have to hit the Bluetooth button on the sound bar when you turn it on so it switches to 3.5mm. It defaults to Bluetooth everytime. (You are connecting to the sound bar, you are connecting to the adapter so it goes through the audio interrupter)

I really like it and makes communication much better for people that struggle to hear the audio on the vhf/uhf radio.

I talked to @ragnar the other day about radios and asked if there was radio that would blue tooth to my hearing aids, he said he didn't know of any. Any of you radio geeks know of one or device? HA!

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Or there own music is too loud to hear it@

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Landman

Landman

The Great Bearded One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 27, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I'll check with my Audiologist, THANKS for the heads up!
This kinds of reminds me of a song by George Straight, I've got friends in Geeky places, think I'll head on down to the Honda Oasis, I've got friends>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>. HA!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!