100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Airbags anyone? You'll need them in the front too after you loose control.

Reactions: Plumber32
RB3offroad

RB3offroad

Vendor
Nov 2, 2017
Tempe, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
ok.. so we’re headed in a couple weeks westward. Driving out and planning on hitting Yellowstone/ Jackson Hole area. No sxs just a family vacation with the kids (10 & 2.5). I’ve never done a vacation like this, (I’m usually a meticulous prepped/planner) but we’re completely leaving it “plan free”. We’re driving and camping mostly and doing what we want when we want. No plans or itinerary. No budget or reservations. JNo worries or cares! And just with what can fit in the bed of a pickup truck! Do it like they did 70 years ago and just go!

So here’s my question... any of you have any favorite spots or things you did in the area? Any cool places you’ve stayed or hole in the wall towns we should spend some time in? Any neat campgrounds or Airbnb’s with kids? Restaurants or eateries? Routes or roads to take?

The whole goal is to see as much and experience as much as we can in a week and a half or so. I have a nagging urge to cruise down to UT and go to Homestead Crater. Maybe swing home thru Moab area. Hell, I might even check out Marysvale before this September’s ride. No plans, just blow with the wind and try and create a road trip/10th birthday that will never be forgotten.
White water rafting in Jackson hole is a must

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
So far so good.. got a little sleep and back at it.

Have you caught up with the cute young thing yet @JTW?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!