Heat in cab

N

Ned

May 12, 2015
West Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The heat gets worse the longer you ride. The longer you ride the trails the rubber shield is all that keeps the heat off your back. help Honda lets fix this problem. This will be a bigger problem when someone try to put some insulation under the seat and it cause a fire! OR it melts the rubber on your back.
I also placed a bilge blower under the seat along with some under seat insulation almost completely fixed the hot seat issue.

R

Rocky

Jun 21, 2016
Dothan, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Are you running a full cab in the summer? That is the only way I can see you having a real heat problem. I live in North Louisiana with similar temps as you, and me, the wife, and kids just went for a 6 hour ride (55 miles) last Saturday and it never got more than warm. No complaints from anybody except if we went through water deep enough to create steam from the engine/exhaust - and that was very temporary. We even have a full skid plate from Factory UTV. We are not running a windshield or roof. Our average speed is about 9 miles/hour, so there is some airflow. There are times we are running slower, and times we are running much faster.

Give us more info..........

IMG 20160623 223440589

I have the Honda OEM hard top and a wind screen only.

Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Today we did some woods trail riding and the temp was 85. My wife whome is always cold made the statement about how warm it was getting in the cab. I have full EMP window, soft top. I agreed it was getting hotter the more we rode. I may need a bug buster and heat shield sooner rather than later. I can sure understand you southern members with added humidity.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Today we did some woods trail riding and the temp was 85. My wife whome is always cold made the statement about how warm it was getting in the cab. I have full EMP window, soft top. I agreed it was getting hotter the more we rode. I may need a bug buster and heat shield sooner rather than later. I can sure understand you southern members with added humidity.
Hey @Stauvo I'm pushing then to do a group rate as others here have. Call and talk to Mike and voice your opinion on the same thing. Btw they sent me a new one after I screwed up mine. They are great

Reactions: Stauvo
Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey @Stauvo I'm pushing then to do a group rate as others here have. Call and talk to Mike and voice your opinion on the same thing. Btw they sent me a new one after I screwed up mine. They are great
Cool! Thanks CP. I will try to call tomorrow or Monday if closed.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Z

Zeke1000

Jun 5, 2017
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I just purchased a 2016 Hond 1000 3 SXS and battling cabin heat issues. After 15 minutes of riding the plastic behind the seat is too hot to touch. I'm also worried about the amount of heat on the fuel tank! I insulated the panel on the top side but now he heat rises up behind the seat back. Wife and kids are refusing to ride. Help!

pgiannetto65

pgiannetto65

Dec 19, 2015
I just purchased a 2016 Hond 1000 3 SXS and battling cabin heat issues. After 15 minutes of riding the plastic behind the seat is too hot to touch. I'm also worried about the amount of heat on the fuel tank! I insulated the panel on the top side but now he heat rises up behind the seat back. Wife and kids are refusing to ride. Help!

Remove engine cover and problem solved
C1429be9caeff9b01ccb5a06d3f6e24c

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: elkguide
pgiannetto65

pgiannetto65

Dec 19, 2015

Remove this
Db22273fbecf7b05d35651eda618de5d

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: elkguide
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!