P1000 Heat - solution from Honda - VERIFIED

CMH

CMH

May 17, 2017
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anybody have this done yet that has installed bilge fan(s)? Did you remove them before taking it in? Any commentary from dealer?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Anybody have this done yet that has installed bilge fan(s)? Did you remove them before taking it in? Any commentary from dealer?
I waited for the factory fix, I think it's going to work.

mbjeepxj

mbjeepxj

Mar 21, 2016
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Picked mine up today. Got it home and, me being me, I took everything apart to make sure it was installed correctly. It was for the most part. I just made some adjustments around the seat belts and made sure everything was flat and clipped where it's supposed to be. At first I was pissed because there was metal shavings on my floor and under the seat. I was like "what in the hell did they have to drill?" I had to refer to the directions myself because I forgot that they had to drill holes in the frame under the seat on the 2016. Ok, but they could have cleaned the metal shavings up. Also saw they didn't put 2 of the plastic rivets back by the seat belts... again, the instructions say to leave those off. But I have a big box of assorted plastic rivets and put some in that work.
All in all, I'm pleased. Just took a longish ride with my son sitting in the passenger seat. He said it's better than it was (with my fix). It's 93 degrees out right now and the sun was heating up the middle seat more than anything. Being as hot as it is with the sun low in the sky coming in under the roof, it was a good test. Hell I was hot but that was just the weather. Driver side seat heat was never a problem.
Time will tell, and I still have the wife test to do. Lol

I also got the water ingestion fix parts installed. Easy peasy lemon sqeazy.

On another note. My dealer said that Honda is giving them the runaround on the clutch fix. They said Honda is insisting that it be installed on units that are slipping already. We all agreed that it's to PREVENT clutch slipping. They're going to keep on Honda about it which is good. I'm on the list either way. I'm not having clutch issues now and I have 3 more years of warranty so I'm not worried about it right now. Plus I know my dealer will take care if me as they've been treating me right so far.

adnoh

adnoh

Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2013

I did . I left the fan on along with my heat shield. Nothing was said about it and they put my heat shield back on top of the dealer fix.

Reactions: 0860silverado
JTH

JTH

Lifetime Member
May 1, 2016
South Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Did y’all have to buy the heat kit? the dealer said that it’s a option,and so is the clutch update.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did y’all have to buy the heat kit? the dealer said that it’s a option,and so is the clutch update.

Nope he’s lying, but you get preference if you have a windshield or a slipping clutch.

Reactions: JTH
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Print out a copy of the campaign linked earlier in this thread. It is optional for you on whether you want it installed or not.

Reactions: JTH and ohanacreek
JTH

JTH

Lifetime Member
May 1, 2016
South Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I don’t have a clutch problem yet just thought I’d ask about it. But I do have a roof and windshield

JTH

JTH

Lifetime Member
May 1, 2016
South Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Nope he’s lying, but you get preference if you have a windshield or a slipping clutch.
I emailed the Dealer back and told him that I have a roof and windshield and that it’s hot in the cab. And I asked him what he meant by optional?
He emailed me back that the parts for both updates are on order, the work is scheduled for the 27th. Thanks guys for your help.

Last edited:
Reactions: ohanacreek
1BadDart

1BadDart

Oct 21, 2016
W. KY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
My dealer has the kit for m machine but I'm going to wait until early spring to have it installed. The heat feels pretty good this time of the year.

Reactions: Dasmoeturhead
JTH

JTH

Lifetime Member
May 1, 2016
South Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-3
My dealer has the kit for m machine but I'm going to wait until early spring to have it installed. The heat feels pretty good this time of the year.
Not here bro,we just got some cooler weather this week 50s at night, 70s during the day.It was still in the 90s last week and 90+% humidity. But I can understand what you’re saying.

1BadDart

1BadDart

Oct 21, 2016
W. KY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It's warming back up and supposed to be near 80 Saturday, but it could be in the 40's next week. You know the old saying, " if you don't like the weather in KY just give it 10 minutes and it'll change". lol

Reactions: JTH
Plongson

Plongson

May 18, 2017
Southern Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just got the rig back with the "Comfort Kit" installed...(ahhh, just the name of the kit promotes bliss...). Anyway, it's back and I still need to take'r out and romp the poor girl.

I'll say one thing, the CK is a shirt load of rubber. Sure hope it works...

JTH

JTH

Lifetime Member
May 1, 2016
South Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Sounds like that dealer is a real friggin Douche.
Just got the rig back with the "Comfort Kit" installed...(ahhh, just the name of the kit promotes bliss...). Anyway, it's back and I still need to take'r out and romp the poor girl.

I'll say one thing, the CK is a shirt load of rubber. Sure hope it works...
let us know if it works.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
But after I got the seat heat fix done, I noticed all the heat coming from the dash, $12.00 dollar fix, just a pain in the butt install, buy a set of long handled needle nose pilers, remove both front tires and left shock and have at it.

A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
My comfort kit will be installed Monday. I really hate how you have to act to get what you deserve. Back in June when we received our letter we let the dealer know and requested to have it done. We were told it was ordered and we would be notified when it came in. Four months go by no phone call we do a follow up it was never ordered. Once again we were told it was on order fast forward to yesterday's phone call it was still never ordered. Several F bombs and a I dont give a f@$k whos it is it will be installed on my Pioneer later I am getting one installed that was bought for one on the lot. I hate being a asshole it's not in my nature playing the nice card has gotten me no where.

H

HondaTech

Man I hate that for you, we'd usually have less than a week turn around on heat kits or clutch kits. That includes the initial ordering, receiving and then installing the parts. I would refrain from going to that dealer again and perhaps as much as I hate too, I would've called Honda customer service on that dealer.

Reactions: Ridem32

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!