P1000 help needed

R

rickoshea

my dash is flashing 2 long 4 short.oil light is on and it won't shift into gear in auto or manual and is showing maintenance1.idle is doing a slight surge.

Reactions: Lady01
R

rickoshea

If I’m understanding the code right it should be 20-4 but I can’t seem to locate that one in any charts...
do you know if i lock it into second gear with the emergency bolt will i get reverse gear or neutral?looks like i have to try and winch it onto my trailer somehow.

Reactions: Lady01 and ChadD
Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV

Pretty sure this link helps

sounds like the shift motor is out.

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looks like code 24-1 is engine speed signal, says indicator on/disables steering assist under specific condition.

Says to look for poor or loose connector for the EPS ECM 21p gray and PCM 33p black before doing anything.

The DCT also has a code 24-1 which is the shift control motor drive circuit malifunction.

Last edited:
advertisement
R

rickoshea

thanks for the replies.i took all the connectors apart and all were clean and dry.all grounds were tight.this has been the 3rd time this has happened in as many weeks.usually i can shut it off and after a short while it will run again.this time was the longest it has taken to go.it sat all afternoon yesterday and overnight last night and most of this morning.after 3 tries today i finally got it to go into gear and moved it into the garage from the middle of the driveway.looks like it's going into the shop under warranty,and i'm going to let the dealer do the heavy lifting.just found out the winch solenoid that winds in the cable is fried and it will only work if i reverse the wires to the out solenoid so i have a new one with a hand held remote control switch ordered.

TimG

TimG

OLD SKOOL
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 11, 2018
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R LV
I had a very similar thing happen on my honda rancher automatic trans. It ended up being just a small break in the shift motor wiring right where it goes into the shift motor. It was impossible to see unless you bent the wire exposing the break.

Reactions: ChadD
R

rickoshea

I had a very similar thing happen on my honda rancher automatic trans. It ended up being just a small break in the shift motor wiring right where it goes into the shift motor. It was impossible to see unless you bent the wire exposing the break.
i'm hoping the dealer replaces the complete shift motor.they're normally really good to me.i'm not really looking forward to getting stranded in a couple feet of snow in the middle of nowhere.i'm insured to the hilt and wouldn't mind a new machine but i'm not into a snowshoe hike that long. 🤣

Reactions: ChadD and TimG
TimG

TimG

OLD SKOOL
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 11, 2018
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R LV
i'm hoping the dealer replaces the complete shift motor.they're normally really good to me.i'm not really looking forward to getting stranded in a couple feet of snow in the middle of nowhere.i'm insured to the hilt and wouldn't mind a new machine but i'm not into a snowshoe hike that long. 🤣

I'm with ya on the long hikes,none for me please. Dealer had a hard time finding my problem, I hope they get you up and running quick.

Reactions: ChadD and rickoshea
H

HondaTech

That is the only way to purchase a shift motor, it can't be bought in parts.

I think he was referring to the wire harness side of the plug.

Reactions: TimG and ChadD
TimG

TimG

OLD SKOOL
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 11, 2018
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R LV
That is the only way to purchase a shift motor, it can't be bought in parts.

I think he was referring to the wire harness side of the plug.

It was the shift motor wires where they come out of the shift motor housing. Now remember I'm referring to an older 2005 Honda Rancher shift motor. So yes the whole shift motor had to be replaced.

Reactions: ChadD
H

HondaTech

It was the shift motor wires where they come out of the shift motor housing. Now remember I'm referring to an older 2005 Honda Rancher shift motor. So yes the whole shift motor had to be replaced.

Makes sense, the newer shift motors have the plug mounted to the motor itself. They got rid of the pigtail.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!