P1000 Hillbilly Brake

TheHoover

TheHoover

Jun 26, 2018
PNW
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Cool idea but not cool enough to give up my 12.00 lever brake.
Could you tell me more about this lever brake you speak of?
I’ve done a quick search on parking brakes with no results.
A parking brake would be nice, and a huge piece of mind when stopping on a hillside!

Reactions: Plumber32
TheHoover

TheHoover

Jun 26, 2018
PNW
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A parking brake would be nice, and a huge piece of mind when stopping on a hillside!

Did a google search and came up with some results.. weird. Anyways I see some have gotten creative! That’s good.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

This is @ToddACimer creation. Works like a charm. Mine held on a 53 degree grade while i pulled winch cable.
I sold one with bracket and hardware for 30 bucks shipped. Guy on FB sells one for 70.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 108310

This is @ToddACimer creation. Works like a charm. Mine held on a 53 degree grade while i pulled winch cable.
I sold one with bracket and hardware for 30 bucks shipped. Guy on FB sells one for 70.
Its the blue handled one not the lineloc up top. Lineloc works for small grades but nowhere near the stopping power.

J

JTW

Its the blue handled one not the lineloc up top. Lineloc works for small grades but nowhere near the stopping power.
The linelock is the weak link for you breaking system.. when the o ring goes.. so do the brakes!

Reactions: TheHoover
Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
Landman

Landman

The Great Bearded One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 27, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I've got a similar setup but with a red handled lock... but I ordered the hillbilly brake anyway. The reason is when I have my 4pt harness on, I can't reach under there and lock it. If I have boots on, I can't be 100% certain that I've unlocked it either. And while most of the time, if I'm setting the lock I'm also probably getting out, but not every time. When I first put the lock in, I did take off a few times before remembering it was locked. I could tell quickly so it's not like I went far and I've not done that in a while, but still... I like the easy lock/unlock of the hillbilly and added option to pad lock it.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I bought the lever lock but haven't installed it yet so I ordered the hillbilly brake Monday.

Reactions: JTW
TheHoover

TheHoover

Jun 26, 2018
PNW
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just for the record, the pistons in the calipers on all 4 corners of your machine are sealed with flat Orings. If those fail, so do your brakes lol.
You wouldn’t happen to know the size do you? I’d like to add a couple to my toolbox.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You wouldn’t happen to know the size do you? I’d like to add a couple to my toolbox.
Size of what? Seals for the pistons? Lol. I was just playing on his "sensationalizing" of Oring failures. Hell our lives are in the hands of Orings every single day lmao

Reactions: JTW and TheHoover
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've got a similar setup but with a red handled lock... but I ordered the hillbilly brake anyway. The reason is when I have my 4pt harness on, I can't reach under there and lock it. If I have boots on, I can't be 100% certain that I've unlocked it either. And while most of the time, if I'm setting the lock I'm also probably getting out, but not every time. When I first put the lock in, I did take off a few times before remembering it was locked. I could tell quickly so it's not like I went far and I've not done that in a while, but still... I like the easy lock/unlock of the hillbilly and added option to pad lock it.
Im absent minded as hell but surprisingly havent forgotten the lever lock one single time. I have 4pts too but ive perfected the art of unlocking with big rubber boots in lol

Reactions: JTW and Landman
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
This guy looks to have a great product. Anyone have it?

Can’t find a link, he’s on FB with Hillbilly Brake, LLC as his page.
I thought the hillbilly brake was dragging your foot on the ground or rolling a rock under your wheel, lol. :D

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
What exactly is that blue handled one doing when activated, Is it simply applying pressure to the foot brake?