P1000 HONDAS new air intake cover install (water ingestion fix)

Tbowman053

Tbowman053

Dec 18, 2016
Henderson, MD
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I was one of the guys that didn't want the look of a jeep with a snorkel sticking out of the hood so I put in a "stealth" snorkel. Worked good, but installed a dual battery and wouldn't work with my setup. So luckily for me Honda released this new solution. Ordered it from the dealer cost was $22.xx. The plug that blocks the existing hole (where water was being sucked from) was on back order but showed up in a week from when I ordered. All in all super simple, much cleaner in my opinion, has a gasket that goes under the cover unlike the old one. Just a couple pictures of the unit and finshed install. You don have to drill 2 holes for the push pins that hold that hole cover in place but that's no big deal. My dealer did state this is running change we must purchase because Honda felt MOST people that would really have any major risk of water, will aftermarket snorkel anyway. So don't know if that's BS or not just what I was told.
20170831 094937
20170831 094831
20170831 094819
20170214 091015

Last edited:
Poppaj

Poppaj

Apr 29, 2017
SE Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 1000-5
  • This last picture similar to what I have. Noticed you have a K&N filter. very nice and clean. I used a cheaper universal foam filter. Main thing to remember is to give it a good dose of K&N oil or 90 wt. to keep the water out, even for a few seconds. Honda beats all of us though, in making it look better.

Tbowman053

Tbowman053

Dec 18, 2016
Henderson, MD
Ownership

1. 1000-3
  • This last picture similar to what I have. Noticed you have a K&N filter. very nice and clean. I used a cheaper universal foam filter. Main thing to remember is to give it a good dose of K&N oil or 90 wt. to keep the water out, even for a few seconds. Honda beats all of us though, in making it look better.
lol I don't have to remember anything now, that setup is sitting in a box in the corner of garage now haha

K

Kolton

Oct 15, 2016
Vance, al
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was one of the guys that didn't want the look of a jeep with a snorkel sticking out of the hood so I put in a "stealth" snorkel. Worked good, but installed a dual battery and wouldn't work with my setup. So luckily for me Honda released this new solution. Ordered it from the dealer cost was $22.xx. The plug that blocks the existing hole (where water was being sucked from) was on back order but showed up in a week from when I ordered. All in all super simple, much cleaner in my opinion, has a gasket that goes under the cover unlike the old one. Just a couple pictures of the unit and finshed install. You don have to drill 2 holes for the push pins that hold that hole cover in place but that's no big deal. My dealer did state this is running change we must purchase because Honda felt MOST people that would really have any major risk of water, will aftermarket snorkel anyway. So don't know if that's BS or not just what I was told.
View attachment 53024 View attachment 53025 View attachment 53026 View attachment 53027
Anybody have the honda part number?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!