Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Did you look in my machine thru a time portal or something?

I am using 3 per side right now. one in the middle, and one on each side to retain. I haven't gotten the belt quite tight enough on the BCF bar to keep it from slipping over the collar. My next step is slice a piece of 2.5" OD .065w tubing from my scrap bin and tack that onto the collars to retain it.
Until I get that done, and can contain the belt 100%, I didn't want to share. But seeing that you brought it up, I figured I would share what I have done so far. I'll grab a picture tonight.
Most of those collars are made out of 1215 steel and do not weld good at all. Might be better tapping and running a bar between them on the outside.

Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
4pt harness and bar are on my list soon. What retractable ones is everyone using?

Reactions: sharp and BWAF
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Thank-you for the heads up.
5878tp1 d03cl

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Couldn’t you just take a small rod and shape it into a half rectangle so to speak and weld it to cage the loop belt through?
You could, but not everyone has access to a welder. Possibilities are endless if someone has a welder and can get a decent weld.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have close on more than one occasion of purchasing one of these
View attachment 108179

Great idea if needed. Were looking for a gps phone for awhile and @ohanacreek found a good deal on one so we went with that unit. Works good, we’ve only used it to say hi to friends but it’s always there in case the bad happens

I picked up a satphone a while back the text communicators are not quick it can be 5mins or more to receive a reply. We got tired of the delay when we were offshore diving.

They are also as expensive as a satphone plan.

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I really like what I see in this thread as a former Firefighter/ First Responder.

Doing cpr on someone whom should have been wearing a seatbelt is well, not fun and very very very unlikely to provide results sadly.

Don’t let the seatbelt / safety thing be limited to your sxs. Wearing your harness in your sxs and then getting in your truck and not wearing your seatbelt is incredibly stupid.

With all this said and while sounding like a donkeys rear, the most important safety tool is between your ears!

In my area sxs’s are commonly used for ice fishing. Safety gear looks different and should consist of the following at a minimum.

Throw line
Ice picks and ice cleats
A throwable life preserver
Whistle
Good led light
Cell phone for emergency calls (others rescue)

It’s serious coin but I am a believer in floating ice bibs and a jacket. I wear mine at all times on the ice.

With all that stated, seat belts etc are NOT used on the ice. ANYTHING that impedes quick exit from the sxs is removed (side nets, etc) with the exception of doors for heat and wind purposes. As the risk of drowning from these items is greater than the risk of crashing on the ice.

While driving on the lake I keep the speeds reasonable, nothing over 2nd high at the most up to 20 mph for safety reasons and more importantly avoiding blowing out the ice and falling in near landings.

Once ice season is over, appropriate safety equipment for the situation is used / restored.

FWIW

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Good replies, as prior first responder. Ride with someone else, and if you ride alone, be prepared and carry supplies and equipment, and use cautious riding skills to avoid being a rescue call. I carry winch/tool equip, first aid and ham 2 way radio. Ride sober as many have said. My biggest concern is wild riders on hilly two way trails.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Good replies, as prior first responder. Ride with someone else, and if you ride alone, be prepared and carry supplies and equipment, and use cautious riding skills to avoid being a rescue call. I carry winch/tool equip, first aid and ham 2 way radio. Ride sober as many have said. My biggest concern is wild riders on hilly two way trails.
All it takes is 1 nut and you're smashed. I've always been on a atv until last year and meeting a nut on a sxs was my biggest fear. I always lead the pack when we ride because I figured I'd rather be smashed than my wife or kids.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!