ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I finally added harness retainers. No more sliding side to side.

IMG 20190217 130933

T

Thudreem

Dec 7, 2018
USA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a p1k-5 and ride with my two little ones (3yr & 5yrs old).

Which 4 point harness would you guys recommend? Do I need a harness bar?

Thx for your help in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Mudder and BWAF
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a p1k-5 and ride with my two little ones (3yr & 5yrs old).

Which 4 point harness would you guys recommend? Do I need a harness bar?

Thx for your help in advance!

Harness bar is a yes! Without a doubt, for the front seats.
Harnesses themselves is completely dependent on how much you want to spend, and what features are important to you. I would suggest a 5 point harness with a submarine belt, where the lap belt sits in relation to your body is very important. It needs to be low to hold your body when on your side or worse.

T

Thudreem

Dec 7, 2018
USA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Harnesses themselves is completely dependent on how much you want to spend, and what features are important to you. I would suggest a 5 point harness with a submarine belt, where the lap belt sits in relation to your body is very important. It needs to be low to hold your body when on your side or worse.

Thank you very much!
Any particular harness bar that you like?

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks, I sent @Moses a message to order it up.
You can order it thru his website as well.
I believe he is a forum sponsor and has a discount code for us. I believe also has a military discount if it applies.

T

Thudreem

Dec 7, 2018
USA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You can order it thru his website as well.
I believe he is a forum sponsor and has a discount code for us. I believe also has a military discount if it applies.

Awesome . If anybody can share the discount code, that would be greatly appreciated!

T

Thudreem

Dec 7, 2018
USA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

For the 5 point, do you guys normally get a harness with a Cam-Lock? That would probably be easiest to buckle little kids in/out

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
For the 5 point, do you guys normally get a harness with a Cam-Lock? That would probably be easiest to buckle little kids in/out
I run a camlock style belt. I am currently only running as 4 points. Waiting on my machine to come home so I can mount the submarine belt.
When my belts expire, I plan to order almost the same set, but I'd prefer a pull-up lap belt vs the pull down I currently have.

T

Thudreem

Dec 7, 2018
USA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I run a camlock style belt. I am currently only running as 4 points. Waiting on my machine to come home so I can mount the submarine belt.
When my belts expire, I plan to order almost the same set, but I'd prefer a pull-up lap belt vs the pull down I currently have.

Can you share some links so I can get an idea? I haven't used a harness for many years now and when I did, it was in a drag car so convenience wasn't all that important at the time.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Last edited:
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Finally got my machine home. Time to finish some safety items that were pending.
Submarine belt installed!
IMG 20190313 1606545

IMG 20190313 1607359

Harness retainers installed, with zip tie just to keep velcro from failing.
IMG 20190313 1606402

Thank-you @Ragnar406 for the information on harness retainers.

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've kept safety in mind building my 1000-5. I bought one of the first BCF harness bars and added harnesses pretty quick after trail riding with my family. They add both comfort and stability in the front seat. I left all the window nets on and even replaced the clips to keep them in place when they broke so they would keep debris out and body parts in. I didn't realize it until this weekend but having the Alienshade roof also protected us for similar reasons. Additionally, I generally make my passengers wear a helmet and goggles. As it turns out the combination of all these things definitely protected us this weekend.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!