Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Hey, if Honda would give the SXS Sport segment the same attention / performance / relative price as they do this machine:View attachment 86695

People would buy 5x as many of those SXS as they sell of the above model. Until then, if the Buick fits, drive it. :(

Or even this, Honda isn't SXS competitive because it CHOSE not to be, case in point, Honda's Lamborghini of the superbikes:
Screenshot 20180912 110528 Chrome

Screenshot 20180912 110554 Chrome

Hey it's only money. :p

So that being said, show us a sport SXS "Only Honda could build" Instead of these:
2011 Honda Big Red 008

Last edited:
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Suzuki also. It would be neat to see a Suzuki sxs.
I would too.
But...I can understand Suzuki to a small degree with their financial situation, while also pointing out that this segment is where they would make tons of money.

Drop the KQ engine into a 58-60" sport/ute machine and it would sell (prob to me, to be honest). Suzuki, to me, usually offers the most bang for the buck.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Ok...so I would ask why Honda would choose NOT to be competitive in such a lucrative market?

Short answer lawyers, government, rate of return on investment.

Long answer. Well from a monetary perspective investment for a production facility to manufacture a dozen sport models SXS would be 100M at least, but for zero investment they can crank out a million scooters a year each in India and China for a couple hundred profit per unit. Not having to worry about the CSPC and another ATC debacle thanks to lawsuits and 60 minutes. Today's history lesson complete.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Sorry buddy. It’s not our fault you’re a damn cool guy that happens to own Popo. But everyone has faults, I think mine was parking the p1k too close to our Polaris, dang viruses. Even tried a Honda key as an antibiotic but all that that did was turn easier. F2602CCB D151 426A 95CD 2874CD780A6F55C8F800 E0BB 45C1 A7C8 3F391D2BDE11

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Short answer lawyers, government, rate of return on investment.

Long answer. Well from a monetary perspective investment for a production facility to manufacture a dozen sport modelsxSXS would be 100M at least, but for zero investment they can crank out a million scooters a year each in India and China for a couple hundred profit per unit. Not having to worry about the CSPC and another ATC debacle thanks to lawsuits and 60 minutes. Today's history lesson complete.

Well...I lived through the Consent decree, so it was more of a reminiscing.
Yamaha was also a part of that. Yamaha also has lawyers (as does everyone else). Yamaha also has a badass pure sport machine.
Honda living in the past won't help them eclipse Polaris in market share.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Yamaha was also a part of that. Yamaha also has lawyers (as does everyone else). Yamaha also has a badass pure sport machine.

I can't disagree. Can only hope things ramp up for them and leapfrog the past missed decade of sport utv advances.

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
I think me and you went over this a while back ;) And I guess when the 700 came out I really thought Honda would steam roll these last few years.I thought they would own the market by 2020 Is what I said. But I'm afraid you were all too correct. I guessed I just wished they would:(

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I think me and you went over this a while back ;) And I guess when the 700 came out I really thought Honda would steam roll these last few years.I thought they would own the market by 2020 Is what I said. But I'm afraid you were all too correct. I guessed I just wished they would:(
LOL...well, for both you and @JACKAL, I think the 1000 was/is a good sign. It's way more ballsey than I ever expected from Honda.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 3748

I hope Honda can make some market share gains but they are so far behind. Vivid Racing has an upgrade kit for the X3 that takes it to 235 hp. It's a serious upgrade but it will be double the hp of the Talon.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
My gut feeling ( which could be taco Bell ) is that the Talon...if it exists, will be closer to a RZR900 S than any hyper turbo-thingy machine out now. Even in sport bikes, it's been years since Honda played HP wars, and I don't think they have to here to get a huge chunk of the market. My .02.

D

Deleted member 3748

My gut feeling ( which could be taco Bell ) is that the Talon...if it exists, will be closer to a RZR900 S than any hyper turbo-thingy machine out now. Even in sport bikes, it's been years since Honda played HP wars, and I don't think they have to here to get a huge chunk of the market. My .02.
The Talon, if it is around 100 hp, will be in the market of the Maverick Sport. That is my market. But if they want the big market they need to attract the sport bike market where hp is king and is why Polaris owns 41% They attract the less-knowledgeable performance minded sort.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!