Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi all. I did the same thing last night. Replaced my battery with Motobat and thought I had the polarity correct until I installed it, the whole laying it on its side messed me up. Dead SxS and 50 amp fuse blown. I ‘think’ I found a replacement from O’Reilly’s. Its a Littelfuse part number is MID50. I’m picking a couple up tonight. Has anyone used these fuses and do they fit? I’m hoping the fuse is the only thing I blew.
This happened to a member recently at Takeover. I believe this is a Honda only part? Might be able to get one from a Honda car dealer.

Reactions: Smitty335 and Glank
Glank

Glank

Jul 20, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is what Oriellys had 50 amp 32 volt my only concern is the element doesn’t look the same The bottom one is the original
IMG 8562

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is what Oriellys had 50 amp 32 volt my only concern is the element doesn’t look the same The bottom one is the original View attachment 393778
It it rated for up to 32v? Or rated 50a at 32v?
I believe amperage increases with lower voltages. So it may be 70 or more amps at 12v. If it bolts in, it should get you running. I would still add a factory one to your next parts order though.

Glank

Glank

Jul 20, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I believe amperage increases with lower voltages. So it may be 70 or more amps at 12v. If it bolts in, it should get you running. I would still add a factory one to your next parts order though.
Installed the fuse and with the new battery it fires right up. Haven’t driven it yet since it’s late. Good idea getting an extra one, for the glove box, one for the tool box under the seat, and one for the cabinet to replace the one in the tool box or glove box if I have to use one of those.

Reactions: Smitty335
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5

That's not exactly a factor. The fuse's resistive element "blows" or opens based on the current passing through it. As long as the voltage rating is as high or higher than the circuit voltage, the fuse will function as intended. It is the resistance of the fuse and the current flowing through it that causes heat (power dissipated) to build up and eventually melt or blow the fuse element. Formula P=I squared x R applies. Bottom line, if it'll physically fit, a 32 volt rated 20 amp fuse will work just fine in a 12 volt 20 amp rated circuit, though not the other way around as the voltage rating has to do with arcing when the fuse is opening etc.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!