Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yup, there are but two possibilities, fuse is open (blown) or you didn't get the meter leads in contact properly.
I kind of thought the same thing. With his lack of experience using a meter, I suggested remove and visually confirm it is blown.
At $15-20 ea, it is cheap enough to pull the parts cannon, but waiting a week for a fuse sucks.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Totally off the subject here, but is that a PA-18 in your avatar?
No, good guess though! It's a 2005 Aviat Husky A-1B on one of the mountain tops in NV's Pinenut range. Here's one camping on Blue Wing Dry Lake. In Nevada it's easy to get to the middle of nowhere in no time at all:

IMG 0652

mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
SE Washington State/N Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
No, good guess though! It's a 2005 Aviat Husky A-1B on one of the mountain tops in NV's Pinenut range. Here's one camping on Blue Wing Dry Lake. In Nevada it's easy to get to the middle of nowhere in no time at all:

View attachment 316710
Ah... so it's not an "old" supercub... it's a new and improved Supercub! You lucky SOB! I should have gotten my license years ago... my dad was an A&P for years. We had a J-5 and a J-3. He recovered the J-3 in our garage haha!
This was back when I was very young, but Dad, mom, my little brother and I would cram into the J-5 & fly up into the Oregon Cascades & land at one of the several remote strips my dad knew about... have a picnic lunch... my little bro & I would hike around & shoot squirrels.. great memories man! Great lookin plane!
How much HP?

mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
Ownership

1. 1000-3
And THIS folks, is what a 55$ fuse looks like.

but hey... it worked. Neither the i4wd or EPS fuse had blown.

Why 55$ you say?
'Cause that's what it costs to pay retail & get all 3 overnight here in good ol' Washington state. 🙄

oh well. If anyone needs the other two, let me know. 😆
Thanks again for all the help!!

E3023577 0529 4D32 A7E4 CE7EBD9B7587

advertisement
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Why 55$ you say?
'Cause that's what it costs to pay retail & get all 3 overnight here in good ol' Washington state. 🙄

View attachment 316983
$55 is still cheaper than an hr at the dealer!

StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Why 55$ you say?

View attachment 316983
Had a full head of hair before electrical problems. Now, I'm uncle Fester.
But I'll take you up on the offer for a 50A spare. You deliver when ordered?

mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
Ownership

1. 1000-3
All is good now mjn? I'd be wary that somewhere, something else is trippy. Have you been able to run around for a while with no problems or lights?
I didn't run it a ton... pulled the garbage can up tonite... then took a second run to get the mail.. I mean.. driveway is about 1200' long, but everything seemed to function as it should so far.
If I get the time, I'll try out the i4WD tomorrow to make sure..

T

Teazr

Jun 13, 2021
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Make sure you check the charging system
Don't know about SxS but some cars take out the main fuse and alternator when hooked up backwards
That's all I have seen with the ones I have fixed for customers
If its running and no silly dash lights your probably good

Paul_H_L11

Paul_H_L11

Supporting Member
Jan 28, 2021
Covington, WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Paul_H_L11

Paul_H_L11

Supporting Member
Jan 28, 2021
Covington, WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That fuse should cost about 10 bucks. It's almost a certainty that Honda didn't spec it weird, as there's so many available already on the market. Just measure dimensions and get one with the same spec. Here's an example (though don't know if it's the right one for sure): Fuse 50 amp 32 volt
I have those. The holes aren’t the same distance apart as the Honda one.

Glank

Glank

Jul 20, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have those. The holes aren’t the same distance apart as the Honda one.
Hi all. I did the same thing last night. Replaced my battery with Motobat and thought I had the polarity correct until I installed it, the whole laying it on its side messed me up. Dead SxS and 50 amp fuse blown. I ‘think’ I found a replacement from O’Reilly’s. Its a Littelfuse part number is MID50. I’m picking a couple up tonight. Has anyone used these fuses and do they fit? I’m hoping the fuse is the only thing I blew.

Reactions: Red500
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!