Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
The tubing is the heaviest I believe before going schedule 40. It I believe was .85 (Fairly heavy) It is next to impossible to bend past 90 like this without collapsing the tube. Since I am a fabricator by trade I built a jig and cut but weld 90s. Tig welded them and polished them smooth after beveling the pipe to keep strength. I have a spot on the corners to run 1/8 ss wire to the top of the roof line for branch kickers.. Those will be on tomorrow and I will update the photo.... My neighbor saw what I was doing and I built his the same as well. It's in powder coat now honda red.
Cool! What's the charge to get the mods for my strong made? I'll get the powder coating done.

Reactions: Dp5hunter and Stacy
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
My wife almost got killed by a driver that hit her on her 4 wheeler, the side mirrors were non negotible. I am thankfull she has chosen to ride again. (also the dealer threw them in for free) Tonight the limb kickers will be installed and that should help with protecting The mirrors and windshield as well. I will post it tonight as soon as their on
I can tell you that the side mirrors are not vulnerable. If you forget to pull them in on very tight trails, when brush hits them they just close up themselves, without any damage.

Reactions: Dp5hunter and Stacy
Stacy

Stacy

Jul 12, 2015
Twin falls idaho
Ownership

1. 500

Stacy

Stacy

Jul 12, 2015
Twin falls idaho
Ownership

1. 500
Finally got the limb kickers on, should help with some of the over growth on the logging roads I go on.

Reactions: Dp5hunter
Stacy

Stacy

Jul 12, 2015
Twin falls idaho
Ownership

1. 500
Finally got the back bumper back from powder coat and really happy with it. Got the marker lights wired up, Amber in the front red in the back and blue in the roof forgot to turn them on. Powder coater screwed up the colors twice in the front lower bumper peice so the third time is the charm can't wait to get it back

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
The limb kickers sounds good in theory, but in practice I believe they are quite vulnerable to any number of things those trails can throw at us. A forked dead limb sticking out that catches the cable and slides it to that top bracket will be very damaging, but we'll see in operation. Keep us posted as you ride those tight logging trails. The bumper mods are fantastic!!!

Stacy

Stacy

Jul 12, 2015
Twin falls idaho
Ownership

1. 500
The limb kickers sounds good in theory, but in practice I believe they are quite vulnerable to any number of things those trails can throw at us. A forked dead limb sticking out that catches the cable and slides it to that top bracket will be very damaging, but we'll see in operation. Keep us posted as you ride those tight logging trails. The bumper mods are fantastic!!!

Stacy

Stacy

Jul 12, 2015
Twin falls idaho
Ownership

1. 500
I was with a hard core off roader years back when I saw them the first time on a logging road covered in over growth. And until I saw them in action I would of never believed how well they worked for the purpose intended. Since then they are on my 4Runner and one pickup. And now the pioneer, do they work for every scenario, absolutely not. But will they help save the windshield, without a doubt. Or I would of never wasted my time with the installation. Most people don't go where i do and I get that. We are pretty lucky to have what we have for access here in Idaho.

Reactions: Meridian83646
advertisement
cthack

cthack

Aug 17, 2015
Texarkana, Arkansas
View attachment 13251 View attachment 13250 View attachment 13249Finally got the back bumper back from powder coat and really happy with it. Got the marker lights wired up, Amber in the front red in the back and blue in the roof forgot to turn them on. Powder coater screwed up the colors twice in the front lower bumper peice so the third time is the charm can't wait to get it back
You have done a fantastic job with your build! First Class!

Reactions: Stacy
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Bumper mods are fab.

Reactions: Stacy
Stacy

Stacy

Jul 12, 2015
Twin falls idaho
Ownership

1. 500
Kool...Stacy
can ya show a pic
of your switches
Please
thanks
Kool...Stacy
can ya show a pic
of your switches
Please
thanks
Nothing like what I had planned, but was easy enough to do myself. I cut my own plate and liked the look better with the trim than with out it. Rocmar I do have some covers for the switches at powder coat to try and help with weather elements ect

Stacy

Stacy

Jul 12, 2015
Twin falls idaho
Ownership

1. 500
View attachment 14689 View attachment 14688

Nothing like what I had planned, but was easy enough to do myself. I cut my own plate and liked the look better with the trim than with out it. Rocmar I do have some covers for the switches at powder coat to try and help with weather elements ect
I had a more custom idea, but I have so much time in this thing.... The wife is starting to rib me a little.

Stacy

Stacy

Jul 12, 2015
Twin falls idaho
Ownership

1. 500
I had a more custom idea, but I have so much time in this thing.... The wife is starting to rib me a little.
I also have my own idea on the glove box being powder coated as well, If it turns out as good as it did on the dry fit It will be one of my best mods..

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!