Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Was out testing the sway bar removal again last night and was able to capture this, not of the 500 but its the reason I was able to watch a sunset with awesome color show its beautiful last light on this guy while he grazed threw a clearing... doesn't get any better.
Wow, very pretty there. I'd say you've got that guys attention. Btw, dare I ask, how'd last nights test of the disconnected sway bar go?

Reactions: joeymt33
Stacy

Stacy

Jul 12, 2015
Twin falls idaho
Ownership

1. 500
Wow, very pretty there. I'd say you've got that guys attention. Btw, dare I ask, how'd last nights test of the disconnected sway bar go?
Lol, I will go STRAIGHT to how I feel about it and how it reacted. I encountered all terrains yesterday I feel a guy could throw at it, with the exception of deep water. I have no need for a snorkel and don't like submerging my machine minus up to axles in the normal creek or shallow river crossing so back to the point. I bought her to use not abuse... with exception to cargo.
Deep heavy rutted angle in every direction I choose my line carefully. Its not my foreman so i can't throw my body wait around to counter a heavy side angle. So choosing my line in deep ruts she performed well on aggressive angles where it would lean but felt solid slow and easy sure footed so to speak, And these were deep wash outs causes by heavy snow pack climbing steep up the bottom of a drainage.
On twisted heavy rock covered trail you notice just a little more flex, your getting that little extra give. By no means does that say its air ride but any here is appreciated and under load truthfully it got even better. I used 2EA 100LB scale weights I had been hanging onto in the shop.

The negatives, as already brought up by others, at high speed on normal mountain dirt roads it was a little drifty, and by no means bad. In fact at the age of 45 I grinned quite a bit so for me listing this as a negative.. not in my mind I felt I had full control at all times. Adding the 200lbs and it intensified, and I could see how it would worry some one, that was the softest rear setting. Still, that was maxed out going down hill. Never did i feel i lost control.

With the 200lbs on the farthest point of the rack and a couple of heavy green rounds someone had cut and left by the edge of the road I adjusted the shocks to the STIFFEST setting and she showed a little load on the tires it handled just fine, the drift did not get worse the shocks did their job, never did I GO above 35 loaded like this simply because loaded i don't go over that under those conditions.

I have no negative on this removal and had a lot of fun yesterday doing this. I almost have a trailer finished to pull behind her and I'm pretty confident I will have no issues their either. The spanner wrench 8$ to me was as easy as it gets answer to keep her how i will need her. And I'm sure even the shock adjustments will be very minimal at best.

The removal I took it 100% out, I didn't zip tie anything. I put the sway bar main center mount bolts 4ea back into the holes they came out of to prevent fouling, rusting of the threads frame ect. Every thing else is in the garage. My 2cnts Not worth that much probably, but in my world practically is definition of functionality.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Lol, I will go STRAIGHT to how I feel about it and how it reacted. I encountered all terrains yesterday I feel a guy could throw at it, with the exception of deep water. I have no need for a snorkel and don't like submerging my machine minus up to axles in the normal creek or shallow river crossing so back to the point. I bought her to use not abuse... with exception to cargo.
Deep heavy rutted angle in every direction I choose my line carefully. Its not my foreman so i can't throw my body wait around to counter a heavy side angle. So choosing my line in deep ruts she performed well on aggressive angles where it would lean but felt solid slow and easy sure footed so to speak, And these were deep wash outs causes by heavy snow pack climbing steep up the bottom of a drainage.
On twisted heavy rock covered trail you notice just a little more flex, your getting that little extra give. By no means does that say its air ride but any here is appreciated and under load truthfully it got even better. I used 2EA 100LB scale weights I had been hanging onto in the shop.

The negatives, as already brought up by others, at high speed on normal mountain dirt roads it was a little drifty, and by no means bad. In fact at the age of 45 I grinned quite a bit so for me listing this as a negative.. not in my mind I felt I had full control at all times. Adding the 200lbs and it intensified, and I could see how it would worry some one, that was the softest rear setting. Still, that was maxed out going down hill. Never did i feel i lost control.

With the 200lbs on the farthest point of the rack and a couple of heavy green rounds someone had cut and left by the edge of the road I adjusted the shocks to the STIFFEST setting and she showed a little load on the tires it handled just fine, the drift did not get worse the shocks did their job, never did I GO above 35 loaded like this simply because loaded i don't go over that under those conditions.

I have no negative on this removal and had a lot of fun yesterday doing this. I almost have a trailer finished to pull behind her and I'm pretty confident I will have no issues their either. The spanner wrench 8$ to me was as easy as it gets answer to keep her how i will need her. And I'm sure even the shock adjustments will be very minimal at best.

The removal I took it 100% out, I didn't zip tie anything. I put the sway bar main center mount bolts 4ea back into the holes they came out of to prevent fouling, rusting of the threads frame ect. Every thing else is in the garage. My 2cnts Not worth that much probably, but in my world practically is definition of functionality.
Ok, well that's more good news to me. Thank you for the thorough review Stacy. I usually unload my P5 pretty close to the trail networks I ride. So I'm not real concerned with higher speeds on gravel roads, but I will certainly bear in mind your review when I test it out for myself tomorrow. I'm going to zip tie mine so that if I should ever desire to have it operational again, it will be easy and secondly because I want to leave its weight at that low spot on the P5. Thanks again @Stacy!

Reactions: Dp5hunter and Stacy
Cowboy22

Cowboy22

Mar 31, 2016
Iowa
Was out testing the sway bar removal again last night and was able to capture this, not of the 500 but its the reason I was able to watch a sunset with awesome color show its beautiful last light on this guy while he grazed threw a clearing... doesn't get any better.
Were you get your Winch?

Reactions: Stacy
Stacy

Stacy

Jul 12, 2015
Twin falls idaho
Ownership

1. 500
Were you get your Winch?
When I was looking at winches and values the viper was rated at 1 and 2 versus cost performance reliability. I waited about a week, trying to decide. I was on amazon and it was the deal of the day for 225. I pulled the trigger. Worked well so far.
Included snatch block, winch cover, strap, remote, 4000lb synthetic cable.

Last edited:
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
When I was looking at winches and values the viper was rated at 1 and 2 versus cost performance reliability. I waited about a week, trying to decide. I was on amazon and it was the deal of the day for 225. I pulled the trigger. Worked well so far.
Included snatch block, winch cover, strap, remote, 4000lb synthetic cable.
Love the look of the front end on that rig Stacy...
you nailed it, nice work!!

Stacy

Stacy

Jul 12, 2015
Twin falls idaho
Ownership

1. 500
I removed my sway bar a year ago and never even think about it anymore... The ride is very much improved. Mostly tight trails around here and I go slow on the roads anyways..
Stacy... My wife and I are going to the Rally in the Pines in Mackay in a few weeks. Looks like it will be fun.

Rally In The Pines- America's Great Western ATV, UTV & SXS Event
Rustell that looks like it would be a blast, I'm pretty fortunate to have the trails here in twin falls. I will have to make that trip one of these days again, i've been there once a few years back on atv's. Yep loving the removal, it's certainly better. Wish their were a few people around here to ride with, I'm sure with time I will find someone with a 500

Cowboy22

Cowboy22

Mar 31, 2016
Iowa
Rustell that looks like it would be a blast, I'm pretty fortunate to have the trails here in twin falls. I will have to make that trip one of these days again, i've been there once a few years back on atv's. Yep loving the removal, it's certainly better. Wish their were a few people around here to ride with, I'm sure with time I will find someone with a 500
What you use your Winch for?? Was your winch Made in the USA?

Cowboy22

Cowboy22

Mar 31, 2016
Iowa
Yeah one of the eastern states. For pulling downed game mostly since getting stuck is next to impossible. And it's pulled out one 2016 1000 4 seater popo with a broken clutch from a creek.
I seen on there Website Viper Winch has many to pick from! Witch you like best?

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks Trigger, I sure am enjoying it. I built it to function for me, can't believe how well the limb kicker idea has panned out.
BTW...I'm stealing your idea on that skid plate. Won't be exactly like yours,
that's just the perfect place for some color and to cover that hole in my front end.
I'll post pics when it's done...I'm in the planning phase.
Imitation is the best form of flattery right...thanks for the idea Stacy.

Stacy

Stacy

Jul 12, 2015
Twin falls idaho
Ownership

1. 500
that's just the perfect place for some color and to cover that hole in my front end.
I'm glad if I can inspire or contribute in any form. Looking forward to seeing the results!

Stacy

Stacy

Jul 12, 2015
Twin falls idaho
Ownership

1. 500
Yeah I had to cover that thing to! Receivers proved to be handy.

Reactions: Dp5hunter
Stacy

Stacy

Jul 12, 2015
Twin falls idaho
Ownership

1. 500
I seen on there Website Viper Winch has many to pick from! Witch you like best?
Cowboy I used the viper max do to the Amazon deal of the day and as stated earlier it was all I needed. They offer it in the elite version as well but with the review of the Max version Bering do good I felt comfortable with the desision. So far so good

Cowboy22

Cowboy22

Mar 31, 2016
Iowa
Cowboy I used the viper max do to the Amazon deal of the day and as stated earlier it was all I needed. They offer it in the elite version as well but with the review of the Max version Bering do good I felt comfortable with the desision. So far so good
What you use your Winch for??

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Yep, me too. Been toying with the idea for sometime. I found a piece of woven steel (that's the only way I can discribe it) it's the same idea as expanded metal but looks better. Found it on the trail one day, it's about 14" x 9'. I want the air to continue to move through but I want to prevent a straight on collision with a hard stobb or pointed rock with that front dif housing.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!