P500 Idaho Desert build

Stacy

Stacy

Jul 12, 2015
Twin falls idaho
Ownership

1. 500
I
Yep, me too. Been toying with the idea for sometime. I found a piece of woven steel (that's the only way I can discribe it) it's the same idea as expanded metal but looks better. Found it on the trail one day, it's about 14" x 9'. I want the air to continue to move through but I want to prevent a straight on collision with a hard stobb or pointed rock with that front dif housing.[/QUOTE I put a temp gauge in line for giggles and on long hauls haven't seen a change with or without so I had no problems covering it. Can't wait to see you guys version

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
In line temp gauge is cool. I was thinking more of the dif housing though having good airflow. It's not a big issue I'm sure. Also, though I've been thinking about something for that area of the P-5 since I've owned it, I wouldn't want to do something exactly like yours, nice as it is, whether or not you approved, if you know what I mean. Btw, I posted my review of the detached sway bar.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I'm sure it will be awesome, mine is far from perfect. Every one of us has are own canvases to paint. And I love seeing everyone's masterpiece no critisim here
I plan to use diamond plate but no receiver. Can't decide whether to go green or
have it sprayed with Line X like I did the bed. That stuff isn't cheap but is pretty much
bullet proof. Exactly what you said monte...I could see getting hung up on a stump or filled
with mud through that hole. Covering it allows you to bounce or float...I don't want it packed
with snow either.

Stacy

Stacy

Jul 12, 2015
Twin falls idaho
Ownership

1. 500
I plan to use diamond plate but no receiver. Can't decide whether to go green or
have it sprayed with Line X like I did the bed. That stuff isn't cheap but is pretty much
bullet proof. Exactly what you said monte...I could see getting hung up on a stump or filled
with mud through that hole. Covering it allows you to bounce or float...I don't want it packed
with snow either.
Had my truck done in the linex without a quote, I crapped when he gave me the bill.. But you are right it is bullet proof. Mine was supposed to be black so he screwed up with color and at first I hated it but for whatever reason it has really grown on me. The wife lives it so I left it blue and it was free since it was their screw up. I'm sure whatever direction you go it will be as rocmar would say ( bad ass )

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Had my truck done in the linex without a quote, I crapped when he gave me the bill.. But you are right it is bullet proof. Mine was supposed to be black so he screwed up with color and at first I hated it but for whatever reason it has really grown on me. The wife lives it so I left it blue and it was free since it was their screw up. I'm sure whatever direction you go it will be as rocmar would say ( bad ass )
LOL!! I was surprised to read that you had wanted it black, that blue rocks!
Yeah, $400 to have that box and bed on the rear sprayed. Most of that was
prep though...aluminum doesn't like to take cover very well.

Stacy

Stacy

Jul 12, 2015
Twin falls idaho
Ownership

1. 500
LOL!! I was surprised to read that you had wanted it black, that blue rocks!
Yeah, $400 to have that box and bed on the rear sprayed. Most of that was
prep though...aluminum doesn't like to take cover very well.
It will go through powder coat fine, but your right not normal paint. Yeah I'm happy wit it. I had the receiver in the garage and thought what the heck and it turned out way better than I thought it is steel diamond plate

Reactions: trigger
Stacy

Stacy

Jul 12, 2015
Twin falls idaho
Ownership

1. 500
Life's been busy lately leaving me not much time to post on here... With hunting season gearing up I have been scouting for trophy bulls to go after. So last week while i was in the honda shop getting a couple filters I couldn't help but notice the price reduction on a 16 red 500 hmmm... In short after talking to the dealer It was loaded onto the trailer I happened to be packing ( how convenient)... I put the same tires and rim package on as the blue one, a bimini top and half windshield. And will stop their on this one for now. So now I'm up to 2 foremans a rancher and two pioneers. If that won't bring the kids back home once in a while I don't know what will. :)

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Life's been busy lately leaving me not much time to post on here... With hunting season gearing up I have been scouting for trophy bulls to go after. So last week while i was in the honda shop getting a couple filters I couldn't help but notice the price reduction on a 16 red 500 hmmm... In short after talking to the dealer It was loaded onto the trailer I happened to be packing ( how convenient)... I put the same tires and rim package on as the blue one, a bimini top and half windshield. And will stop their on this one for now. So now I'm up to 2 foremans a rancher and two pioneers. If that won't bring the kids back home once in a while I don't know what will. :)
Congrats Stacy, that's awesome. :)

Reactions: Dp5hunter and Stacy
I

Ichybod

Apr 25, 2015
Tucson, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-3
I can see that Schedule C list getting longer and longer.

Reactions: Jshell3 and Stacy
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Congratulations buddy! Where's the pic??

Reactions: Stacy
Stacy

Stacy

Jul 12, 2015
Twin falls idaho
Ownership

1. 500
Congratulations buddy! Where's the pic??
All try to get one up asap. It's back at the dealer, to get the tires and rims put on. They had to order them in. I've been living in the hills scouting elk, on the blue machine and man do I love it! My poor Forman sets on the trailer, think i need to take him on a sympathy ride

Reactions: Dp5hunter
J

Jshell3

...and man do I love it! My poor Foreman sets on the trailer, think i need to take him on a sympathy ride

Same here. I have a Rancher 350, that's MORE than held up it's end of the bargain... Terrible for how lonely it must feel. I can't bring myself to sale it. (or ride it much anymore, either)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Dp5hunter and Stacy
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
All try to get one up asap. It's back at the dealer, to get the tires and rims put on. They had to order them in. I've been living in the hills scouting elk, on the blue machine and man do I love it! My poor Forman sets on the trailer, think i need to take him on a sympathy ride
Lol, yes you do.

Reactions: Stacy
Stacy

Stacy

Jul 12, 2015
Twin falls idaho
Ownership

1. 500
Same here. I have a Rancher 350, that's MORE than held up it's end of the bargain... Terrible for how lonely it must feel. I can't bring myself to sale it. (or ride it much anymore, either)
Jshell3 I know what you mean. I bought these toy's to help bring kids back home, they are all starting their own lives but love to ride. So the wife thought I was going through a mid life crisis but agreed it was better than holding down the couches when they came home. I contemplated letting my 07 foreman go (my only older machine) but I would never get out of it what I have in it. And when the going gets really rough thats one machine you might say has seen it all and is truly been a brute. Ive rolled it a couple times retrieving elk had it on its side loaded down and It has never let me down. I can't bring myself to part with it. I did a quick dry fit and all 5 machines just fit on my trailer so for now its staying. I will probably end up just giving it to one of the kids.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!