rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I also have my own idea on the glove box being powder coated as well, If it turns out as good as it did on the dry fit It will be one of my best mods..
I had a plan for my switches
...but think I've changed my mind
after seeing a few different
layouts....
thanks...

Reactions: Dp5hunter and Stacy
Stacy

Stacy

Jul 12, 2015
Twin falls idaho
Ownership

1. 500
Didn't think this was possible, but the powder coater did the wrong color on the third try. And offered it for free and the wife said take it! So.... Blue it is on the lower bumper piece with the 1 1/2 receiver with D ring. I'm mixed about it but free I can handle.

Reactions: Dp5hunter
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Didn't think this was possible, but the powder coater did the wrong color on the third try. And offered it for free and the wife said take it! So.... Blue it is on the lower bumper piece with the 1 1/2 receiver with D ring. I'm mixed about it but free I can handle.

View attachment 14828
Could you possibly take another picture of it with the front facing the light, it's in the shadow and I can't see the detail. thanks

Reactions: Dp5hunter
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Here's some tight shots of the front. Mostly done minus the shin guards (a-arms) Those should be done Monday. Hope this helps.View attachment 14841View attachment 14842 View attachment 14842
That's much better, thank you. So you had wanted it in black? I have plans for doing similar, though I will be using expanded metal. I don't think it looks bad being blue, though IMO it would look better if you painted out the little attatchments tabs black. You've got it looking very nice!!!

Reactions: Stacy
Stacy

Stacy

Jul 12, 2015
Twin falls idaho
Ownership

1. 500
That's much better, thank you. So you had wanted it in black? I have plans for doing similar, though I will be using expanded metal. I don't think it looks bad being blue, though IMO it would look better if you painted out the little attatchments tabs black. You've got it looking very nice!!!
Yep that was the first thing I told my wife, Its been pouring rain NON stop so I will touch those up myself weather permitting. Yep black is what the plan was. This was the shops 3rd try, he had a co-worker shoot it and he shot it off the old tag? So it matches the brush guard. He realized after he had called me to pick it up. And said it would be free if I took it as is. The wife and I both agreed to keep it when I put it up next to it. Overall I'm happy and its reinforced on the back so it's pretty much bullet proof.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Shin guards??? = Stick Stoppers???

advertisement
Cowboy22

Cowboy22

Mar 31, 2016
Iowa
Probably should of waited until tomorrow to post the first of my build threads, but most of the powder coated pieces I built were done tonight and Im super happy with my bumper mod, should of waited till good light to take a decent photo but this kind of gives you the idea. And is a little different. Hope I got this posted in the right section.View attachment 11884
What tires are those??

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I'm starting to think this beast is a trailer queen show buggy!!!! I want to see it blasting through the Idaho Desert, plowing through anything unlucky enough to get in the way!!! :)

Stacy

Stacy

Jul 12, 2015
Twin falls idaho
Ownership

1. 500
I'm starting to think this beast is a trailer queen show buggy!!!! I want to see it blasting through the Idaho Desert, plowing through anything unlucky enough to get in the way!!! :)
Cowboy 22... K you asked for it... my sob story..... Last September as I was sleeping from my last graveyard before archery season I was awakend by a wife who came home early from school ( she's a teacher) in short after a 100+ mph drive to the er she was having a heart attack and flatlined on the table. She is perfectly fine now and doing great! 3 stints later... a artery had torn very abnormal causing a block to the heart..... forward to this march 5 days after I brought the beast home My mother passed out of the blue do to cancer.. no warning what so ever.
:( 27 DAY'S after she passed my wifes mother was rushed to the ER WITH the prognoses as of now of terminal cancer with 2 to 12 months of life left.... This build has been a labor of mental escape for me. I have without a doubt the worst 8 months of my life.... Now the good news..... It has kept me stuck around for the wife to help support her the way she did me in early March after loosing my mother. I spent the time I could in the shop fabricating ( next best thing to getting her muddy) :) and I poured my heart into this build as a fabricator by trade. And as it stands after I get off work tomorrow morning i will hopefuly have some kick but pictures and video to go with this build thread..... K theirs my sob story lol... I didn't mean to come off as needing symthany, Just been a genuine CRAPPY! last few months so I can't wait to hit some mud holes to put a great big smile on my face! P.S. I want to thank all the awesome members here that helped inspire me to build this.... you all contributed wether you know it or not thank you....all.

Last edited:
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Cowboy 22... K you asked for it... my sob story..... Last September as I was sleeping from my last graveyard before archery season I was awakend by a wife who came home early from school ( she's a teacher) in short after a 100+ mph drive to the er she was having a heart attack and flatlined on the table. She is perfectly fine now and doing great! 3 stints later... a artery had torn very abnormal causing a block to the heart..... forward to this march 5 days after I brought the beast home My mother passed out of the blue do to cancer.. :( 27 DAY'S after she passed my wifes mother was rushed to the ER WITH the prognoses as of now of terminal cancer with 2 to 12 months of life left.... This build has been a labor of mental escape for me. I have without a doubt the worst 8 months of my life.... Now the good news..... It has kept me stuck around for the wife to help support her the way she did in early March after loosing my mother. I spent the time I could in the shop fabricating ( next best thing to getting her muddy) :) and I poured my heart into this build as a fabricator by trade. And as it stands after I get off work tomorrow morning i will hopefuly have some kick but pictures and video to go with this build thread..... K theirs my sob story lol... I didn't mean to come off as needing symthany, Just been a genuine CRAPPY! last few months so I can't wait to hit some mud holes to put a great big smile on my face! P.S. I want to thank all the awesome members here that helped inspire me to build this.... you all contributed wether you know it or not thank you....all.
Man I'm sorry to hear about all you have went through! It seems like "when it rains, it pours". Anyhow, I get what you're saying. And don't apologize - no need at all.

I 100% understand how a project like yours can be "therapy". Whenever i'm going through something personally, I seem to make my way to the garage. Even if it's just detailing my bike, or other machines. Something about turning a wrench just gets your mind off of the problems for a bit to "recharge". There are far worse ways to deal with adversity. I commend you for your efforts, and for being there for your wife when she needs it most, and not breaking when pushed beyond the breaking point.

carry on brother! your perseverance (not to mention fabrication skills) are an inspiration to many of us here. :)

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Cowboy 22... K you asked for it... my sob story..... Last September as I was sleeping from my last graveyard before archery season I was awakend by a wife who came home early from school ( she's a teacher) in short after a 100+ mph drive to the er she was having a heart attack and flatlined on the table. She is perfectly fine now and doing great! 3 stints later... a artery had torn very abnormal causing a block to the heart..... forward to this march 5 days after I brought the beast home My mother passed out of the blue do to cancer.. no warning what so ever.
:( 27 DAY'S after she passed my wifes mother was rushed to the ER WITH the prognoses as of now of terminal cancer with 2 to 12 months of life left.... This build has been a labor of mental escape for me. I have without a doubt the worst 8 months of my life.... Now the good news..... It has kept me stuck around for the wife to help support her the way she did me in early March after loosing my mother. I spent the time I could in the shop fabricating ( next best thing to getting her muddy) :) and I poured my heart into this build as a fabricator by trade. And as it stands after I get off work tomorrow morning i will hopefuly have some kick but pictures and video to go with this build thread..... K theirs my sob story lol... I didn't mean to come off as needing symthany, Just been a genuine CRAPPY! last few months so I can't wait to hit some mud holes to put a great big smile on my face! P.S. I want to thank all the awesome members here that helped inspire me to build this.... you all contributed wether you know it or not thank you....all.
That's really cool Stacy, I'm glad to hear your wife recovered. Continue to impress us with your build!!!!

Reactions: Dp5hunter and Stacy
Stacy

Stacy

Jul 12, 2015
Twin falls idaho
Ownership

1. 500
Was out testing the sway bar removal again last night and was able to capture this, not of the 500 but its the reason I was able to watch a sunset with awesome color show its beautiful last light on this guy while he grazed threw a clearing... doesn't get any better.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!