Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
One is going to come directly from the battery which will always be hot. You want the other one. The method should be to always test it with a test light though. ;) Find the solenoid by following the red cable from the battery. Then test (use) the other post.
Thanks.

D

Deleted member 3748

Thanks, Used the accessory harness it was the white with black strip so much better than tapping into ignition which I was hesitant,
If you buy the accessory harness ($10) you will get four IGN wires (with grounds) to use in the future and it plugs into a plug that's already there. It's a 5 second installation.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
If you buy the accessory harness ($10) you will get four IGN wires (with grounds) to use in the future and it plugs into a plug that's already there. It's a 5 second installation.
The harness they sent me only had ground on two of the four leads.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
webby

webby

Lifetime Member
Nov 25, 2015
Philipsburg, Pa.
Ownership

1. 500
I am in final two wire hook up of my winch on my Pioneer 500. I need to hook two red wires; 1st Rocker switch wire, 2nd Winch Remote outlet wire, both red wires. Per instructions these are to be wired to Ignition Switch wire.

I have 5 wires coming off my keyed ignition switch that go to a plug connector. I want to tap into the hot wire to tap the two red wires above into. Which of the 5 wires is the correct wire to tap?

1. Yellow / Orange Stripe
2. Solid Red
3. Red / Black Stripe
4. Red / White Stripe
5. Solid Black
I tapped into DLC for my ignition power. I asked my dealer if they had an old diagnostic plug that would match up. I butt-spliced new wire to the old diagnostic plug and snapped it in. I chose to heat shrink just to be safe after.

Reactions: Squezz
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I tapped into DLC for my ignition power. I asked my dealer if they had an old diagnostic plug that would match up. I butt-spliced new wire to the old diagnostic plug and snapped it in. I chose to heat shrink just to be safe after.
Is that by chance in a place where you could get a picture of it?

webby

webby

Lifetime Member
Nov 25, 2015
Philipsburg, Pa.
Ownership

1. 500
Is that by chance in a place where you could get a picture of it?
Montecresto, Unfortunatley I have the connection sealed with heat shrink but the connector I'm talking about is tapped out of the harness used for ignition & aux 12v power under the hood. It is red and is just dead ended. I'm guessing they should all be assembled very similar. I hope this helps.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Montecresto, Unfortunatley I have the connection sealed with heat shrink but the connector I'm talking about is tapped out of the harness used for ignition & aux 12v power under the hood. It is red and is just dead ended. I'm guessing they should all be assembled very similar. I hope this helps.
Yep, thank you webby!!

advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
You've done it the best way. Nothing original has been damaged. :)
Yep, I know. Remember all my objections to splicing into the ignition harness wire? What webby did sounds the best way to attach to it however if it should be done and I would like to have seen what Honda provided for him to do so had he not had it concealed. Just a curiosity bro.

Reactions: Deleted member 3748

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!