in need of help

L

LBBB

Jul 31, 2022
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
hello from louisiana, i have a 2016 pioneer 1000-5 and i have recently noticed a ticking noise coming from the engine area of the sxs, the noise only seems to happen when under a load, i don’t notice it at idol. i’m not real sure what it is, I’ve done some reading on the forum and haven’t really figured much out. could this be the valves need to be adjusted or the chain tensioner needs to be tightened or replaced? any help is much appreciated. thanks in advanced.

G

Gohonda2

Supporting Member
Jul 5, 2022
Mississippi
Ownership

1. Talon R
How many hours/miles on it? Have the valves ever been adjusted?

L

LBBB

Jul 31, 2022
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
miles and hours are high, i’m not sure if the valves have been adjusted or not i bought the bike used a few months ago and i just noticed the sounds starting to happen yesterday afternoon

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Your p1000 will always sound "ticky" under load when it's running a gear higher than it should. Either hit your left downshift paddle, or go to sport mode (depending on what you're doing. )

L

LBBB

Jul 31, 2022
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
i’ll try it in sport mode tomorrow and see if that helps any, thank you for the information that would be my problem my pioneer is bigger then most so i try to keep it in a higher gear for cruising around. i guess i just never heard it over the radio

Reactions: Farmer and JenElio
HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
miles and hours are high, i’m not sure if the valves have been adjusted or not i bought the bike used a few months ago and i just noticed the sounds starting to happen yesterday afternoon

Without basic information it is very difficult for anyone to offer useful suggestions.

Reactions: Robobrainiac
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Your p1000 will always sound "ticky" under load when it's running a gear higher than it should. Either hit your left downshift paddle, or go to sport mode (depending on what you're doing. )
^^^^^This^^^^^
You can help it by servicing the sub trans and adding some Lucas oil additive to it as well.

Reactions: LBBB
P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I use sport mode for long, moderate trail hill climbs. Not big hills that require some wheelin', just the ones that my Pioneer likes to run up a gear or two higher than it should.

Reactions: WagginTail
WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I use sport mode for long, moderate trail hill climbs. Not big hills that require some wheelin', just the ones that my Pioneer likes to run up a gear or two higher than it should.
Yep. Sport Mode works great for this

Reactions: Smitty335

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!