P500 Installed Superwinch Teresa 4500

Z

Zombeaver

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2016
Texas
Ownership

1. 500
Used 2" square tube to make mount platform to raise up so cable could feed out front under the bumper tube. I used grade 8 bolts 3/8" by 4" with lock nuts. The battery box bolt at top of box sucks. POS square nut just spins when you try to remove cover bolt. The cabling that came with the winch was perfectly long enough. I even made square tube long enough, 32", so that I also have a new front bumper to protect head lights some.

Edited to add that it was a Superwinch Terra 4500. After having made the winch mount and screwed around for a weekend I am of the opinion that perhaps purchasing a winch mount may be the easier way to go.

Last edited:
Reactions: JTW and QuadMan747
J

JTW

Pics? I'm trying to decide what mount I want.. or whether to fab something. I want it as high as possible and a straight line pull. The strongmade bumper on the 500 spoiled me with location and easy mounting. This 1000 is going to have to be lower unless I do a bumper.. and I don't like the way the bumpers stick out on them, so that's a no.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Used 2" square tube to make mount platform to raise up so cable could feed out front under the bumper tube. I used grade 8 bolts 3/8" by 4" with lock nuts. The battery box bolt at top of box sucks. POS square nut just spins when you try to remove cover bolt. The cabling that came with the winch was perfectly long enough. I even made square tube long enough, 32", so that I also have a new front bumper to protect head lights some.

Edited to add that it was a Superwinch Terra 4500. After having made the winch mount and screwed around for a weekend I am of the opinion that perhaps purchasing a winch mount may be the easier way to go.
Teresa :D
There's a thread running here in which several gentlemen with the same battery box fastener troubles have exchanged remedies.

Reactions: Tflynn
Z

Zombeaver

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2016
Texas
Ownership

1. 500
Teresa is auto correct. Once I got the not off I wrapped mechanic's wire through the 2 small holes (if you remove cover there are 2 tiny holes visible one on each side of the nut) behind the nut and twisted in the front of the box. But no longer spins and doesn't fall out the back.

Z

Zombeaver

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2016
Texas
Ownership

1. 500
Pics? I'm trying to decide what mount I want.. or whether to fab something. I want it as high as possible and a straight line pull. The strongmade bumper on the 500 spoiled me with location and easy mounting. This 1000 is going to have to be lower unless I do a bumper.. and I don't like the way the bumpers stick out on them, so that's a no.
I will try to post pics Friday. I get home after work and it is dark.

Reactions: JTW
Z

Zombeaver

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2016
Texas
Ownership

1. 500
Photo

IMG 2749

Reactions: JTW
Z

Zombeaver

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2016
Texas
Ownership

1. 500
Side view with 3x washers under to raise a bit to clear front.

IMG 2750

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!