Jason W

The Ginger Cracker
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 17, 2024
Western NC mtns
Ownership

1. 1000-3
How so the bfgs compare in actual size to the oem tires?
Hopefully better than there full size/ Jeep Ohv 33 to 37 sizes, all ways fall short on size and weakest sidewalls out there

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
1500 mile update and thoughts on a few items, the good, the bad, & WTF is going on.

So it's been nearly 5 weeks since Takeover and have logged approximately 1000 miles after installing the Bandit Level 4 front and Level 5 rear Shocks with BF Goodrich Mud Terrain T/A KM3 UTV Tires.

THE GOOD
I absolutely believe the shocks are the best investment made of the 3 Pioneer 1000's I have owned and accessorized, I have nothing but praise for the overall improved ride at trail speed and bottom out resistance when hitting unexpected rocks.
Great Investment / Recommended Bandit level 4 shocks: https://www.banditutvsuspension.com/product-page/all-4-level-4-honda-pioneer-1000-shocks

The tires have proven to be a great overall performers no matter the trail conditions, the traction in typical East TN mud has been impressive and performance on rocky terrain was as good as I had hoped. They are showing no wear even with over 400 miles of the 1000 being on pavement.
Recommended Tires – BF Goodrich Mud Terrain T/A KM3 UTV 28x9x14: BFGoodrich Mud Terrain T/A KM3 Tire | Tires and Wheels | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

THE BAD
The LED Replacement lights I installed were really impressive to start with but have since failed to be reliable. Only one DRL lights up, and on the opposite side only one low beam lights up. The turn signals are no longer working however the sequential Turn Pro lights perform fine tied into the same line as the headlight turn signals. The High beams do not come on at all on either side as well as the low beam goes off when high is selected. Oddly the plug n play lightbar has also stopped lighting up when high beam is selected, have not had time to investigate the issue yet, it is not a blown fuse though.
NOT RECOMMENDED: LED Headlights w/ DRL & Turn Signals: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CRR4RHW4/?tag=sxsweb24-20

THE WTF
Turn Pro Turn Signals - Everything worked great for the first 30 days, however the right rear turn signal stopped flashing both turn and hazard, and both fronts work but occasionally go wonky. Didn't expect this with a plug and play system, and have not ruled out the above LED headlights may be a partial cause for some of the issue. Definitely has me scratching my head.

TurnPro Plug N Play Sequential LED Turn Signal Kit w/ Horn & Hazard: NEW - Honda Pioneer 520 / 700 / 1000 Models Plug & Play Signal System

Everything else is working great and really happy with the '24 P1K5D for my use case. Found out yesterday it runs out of fuel at 147 miles, it was a long day but a good one. Nothing else to comment really other than need to figure out the headlights and turn signals, they may have interconnected issues which I'm inclined to blame the China LED headlights. Not sure if I want to try another set, go with a good bulb in the OEM housings, or spend the $$$ for the proper Honda LED's that I know I would be happy with.

What a beautiful spot to run out of gas ⛽️ 😁

20240705 144255

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!