K&N "Stock" Filter

Referee222

Referee222

Dec 19, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Hi! Just noticed RMATVMC has a K&N filter that looks to fit in the stock airbox for my Talon. Cost is not much more than OEM filter. Does anyone have experience or thoughts on using K&N in a Talon application?

Thanks!

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I'll go first - K&N sucks as an air filter. It passes a lot of air because it has larger pore openings. There are several internet filter comparisons and K&N finishes in the bottom third of most of them. It would work ok as a prefilter because it will keep birds and small dogs out of your engine and the main filter will still filter out the real damaging silt.

Check out the link in my sig for some basic Talon information if you haven't seen it already.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Haven't seen the one for the Talon but I run one on my 500. Changed my exhaust over to an HMF at the same time so can't speak to the increased airflow from the K&N alone. Between the two it has more airflow though. As a precaution I have pantyhose on the tips of the snorkel and also have a precharger on the filter itself. Been running that way a few yrs and no issues.

Reactions: Remington
SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Stick with the stock filter and get yourself a 10-80 Dirt Sports pre-filter kit ordered up.

Reactions: Referee222
Referee222

Referee222

Dec 19, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Wow! Lots of strong opinions. Thanks for your advice. Will be staying with stock OEM for now. Exploring the 10-80 pre-filter. Doesn't look like they have verified fitment on an x4, yet.

Reactions: CID
Test - Grid

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!