KRX discussion thread!

G

GWH

Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2018
Las Vegas Nevads
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was thinking the same thing. I hate the Kawasaki sight glass, it’s the same as my 1999 bayou.
The thing that concerns me is the oil looks milky,like it has water in it.Other than that it’s very simple to check the oil level

Reactions: CID
J

JTW

Looks good, I like the white preferably. I knew you could not wait! Spill the beans ....... what kinda deal? Now load up for TC ...... you have no excuse now!
16,200 that’s with an extra $500 off on a buddy deal. So at 16,700 they’re still cheaper than any of the other dozens of dealers I called. Hence why I drove to Memphis. And I’ll give them credit... they were awesome to deal with! And they hooked me up for accessories too, but normal is still just 20% over cost.

J

JTW

JTW, how is the finish on yours? The door panel on the one i looked at pinched the s*** out of my arm. Weld quality was horrible... Am Ijust looking at a fluke?
So all the doors are seamed at the top. I’m just going to fix it with a good silicon by pulling the panel apart and running a bead then pinching together tight. Not a big deal but I’d expect they’ll eventually fix that. I didn’t notice any welds that looked like that.
To me it finally boiled down to the money and bang for your buck... for the 2k rebate they’re running I can fix a lot of those little issues later machines will address.
Overall, I’m very impressed with the initial build quality. I think the frame tabs could have been a touch heavier. But they’re not that bad. It’s nice to see a factory cage that’s actually made from decent material. Honestly, I can’t say a whole lot until I really get to drive it and play. It’s just been on and off the trailer today. I left at 6:30 this morning and got home at 8 this evening. Now she’s sitting in the drive idling as I take it through some heat cycles before I start riding. They call for 20 hours or 100 miles with half throttle or less.

G

GWH

Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2018
Las Vegas Nevads
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So all the doors are seamed at the top. I’m just going to fix it with a good silicon by pulling the panel apart and running a bead then pinching together tight. Not a big deal but I’d expect they’ll eventually fix that. I didn’t notice any welds that looked like that.
To me it finally boiled down to the money and bang for your buck... for the 2k rebate they’re running I can fix a lot of those little issues later machines will address.
Overall, I’m very impressed with the initial build quality. I think the frame tabs could have been a touch heavier. But they’re not that bad. It’s nice to see a factory cage that’s actually made from decent material. Honestly, I can’t say a whole lot until I really get to drive it and play. It’s just been on and off the trailer today. I left at 6:30 this morning and got home at 8 this evening. Now she’s sitting in the drive idling as I take it through some heat cycles before I start riding. They call for 20 hours or 100 miles with half throttle or less.
Good toknow

J

JTW

CB7DACB5 7C3E 446B AFE0 98ED79FD21EE
75960501 C32C 4D9E BB4D 112FB5A0F78E
22520C89 87FF 4FDD AD3C C90F1C509E91
0F1F7F7B 0FAD 4FBD A08E AE43B3EE2D5A
5880509F 6B95 4B03 A2A6 FADBBD368702

J

JTW

Bought the oil and filter.not going to take very long to put hundred miles on it.The plus is it has a spin on oil filter,bought the cap over filter wrench as well.
Did you buy one?

S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The welds were on the accessory rear tail light/bumper guards. I do really like how beefy the rear radius arm are and the mounts.

Post pics if you do the frint steering stop mod .

G

GWH

Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2018
Las Vegas Nevads
Ownership

1. 1000-5
These things are big,That’s a crew about w a 6 1/2 foot bed.the tires on that truck are oversized at 33’s.I have a single axle 14 ft 7ft trailer I haul the pioneer on.Has a 3500 pound axle.When I start adding things up ,it’s going to be close.The trailer in the picture I borrowed from my dad.If I have to get another trailer?......