Lets talk Radios again... Pioneer takeover!

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Haldog77

Haldog77

NTC's Mafia Enforcer
Lifetime Member
Sep 30, 2019
Bossier City, Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Quite the list there. Funny it's on engineering paper. I can never find any notebook paper in my garage but my engineering pad is always in my toolbox.

My name isn't on my machine and you won't recognize it from the photos people took last year.
I think I saw where you are staying in the pics that Choogsbro posted.

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think I saw where you are staying in the pics that Choogsbro posted.

I'll be there. My hooligans will also have a Rzr1000 and Wildcat1000. I'd invite people to ride with us but we will probably just adventure alone friday and try to be more responsible Saturday... ugh

advertisement
farmtimpioneer

farmtimpioneer

Wise Men Still Seek "Him"
Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Brookville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I was trying to figure out how to program the TYT 8600 radio in prep for RRB in April. I have pressed the wrong button or something and now both bands are in the 400 range. I am going to need a magician to figure this crap out.
The A/B button switches from home screen to sub screen little arrow on the left tells which screen You are on, the screen You are on will be open to change channel frequency thru either band , the V/M button will switch You from VFO mode or (I will call it programming mode) to memory mode, when You are in VFO mode indicated in the upper right corner of each home screen or sub screen then You can change frequency or make adjustments to that frequency in that screen, hope that helps some the Manuel for these is not the greatest , I had to just monkey with mine for a couple days to half figure it out the more you use it the better it gets,,,,,

Haldog77

Haldog77

NTC's Mafia Enforcer
Lifetime Member
Sep 30, 2019
Bossier City, Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The A/B button switches from home screen to sub screen little arrow on the left tells which screen You are on, the screen You are on will be open to change channel frequency thru either band , the V/M button will switch You from VFO mode or (I will call it programming mode) to memory mode, when You are in VFO mode indicated in the upper right corner of each home screen or sub screen then You can change frequency or make adjustments to that frequency in that screen, hope that helps some the Manuel for these is not the greatest , I had to just monkey with mine for a couple days to half figure it out the more you use it the better it gets,,,,,
Have you ever heard of "unlocking" the radio? Cut the radio off, then hold the "Lo" (upper left) key and the lower right key and while holding them, cut the radio on. It messed it all up. I cannot get back to VFO mode. And on top of that I put the little disk in my iMac and I can't get it out. evidently it is to small for a normal drive. Sh#&

farmtimpioneer

farmtimpioneer

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Brookville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Have you ever heard of "unlocking" the radio? Cut the radio off, then hold the "Lo" (upper left) key and the lower right key and while holding them, cut the radio on. It messed it all up. I cannot get back to VFO mode. And on top of that I put the little disk in my iMac and I can't get it out. evidently it is to small for a normal drive. Sh#&
Sorry You are having trouble, this post bellow ⬇ was a couple months ago after I first got my radio, I did not have to unlock it because it was already unlocked, I programmed it manually,,,,

This is what I have found just for Your info, I just purchased the TYT Th8600 , got the program software loaded in the computer and the download from TYT But I did not use it because the Radio is unlocked now without pressing keys on startup I think that if you download the program from TYT into the radio it will lock those FRS channels then You have to take steps to unlock, TYT updated all of the downloads for th8600 in the last year , I just manually programmed channels into radio, It may be that radios manufactured after a certain date already have lockout, anyway I hope You can understand what I am trying to say here I may be wrong about all of it , I did not want to load program into radio to find out, it is easy enough to manually load channels into memory, Me and My Brother have been Hams for 25 yrs. And most radios designed for 2meter 70cm will not tx on those channels We have several icom and yaesu will not unless you modify,

Reactions: Haldog77
farmtimpioneer

farmtimpioneer

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Brookville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I think there is a sequence that you can unlock radio I am not sure what that is but I think maybe @Tramguage1
Or @Ragnar406
May be able to help,,,,,,

Reactions: Haldog77
Haldog77

Haldog77

NTC's Mafia Enforcer
Lifetime Member
Sep 30, 2019
Bossier City, Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I think there is a sequence that you can unlock radio I am not sure what that is but I think maybe @Tramguage1
Or @Ragnar406
May be able to help,,,,,,
I will be happy to have help fixing it. I am going to try and get to the takeover as early Friday as I can. I may get a back up just in case.

Reactions: farmtimpioneer
farmtimpioneer

farmtimpioneer

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Brookville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I will be happy to have help fixing it. I am going to try and get to the takeover as early Friday as I can. I may get a back up just in case.
Yes, We will be in probably wed. Mid day, I am sure and I have heard it said that there will be a few there that are well versed and with the proper equipment to get Your radio working good and programmed if You don't get it beforehand I am sure You will be fine when You get there,,, Look Forward to meeting You there ,,,,

Haldog77

Haldog77

NTC's Mafia Enforcer
Lifetime Member
Sep 30, 2019
Bossier City, Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yes, We will be in probably wed. Mid day, I am sure and I have heard it said that there will be a few there that are well versed and with the proper equipment to get Your radio working good and programmed if You don't get it beforehand I am sure You will be fine when You get there,,, Look Forward to meeting You there ,,,,
I can't remember being this excited about an event. Maybe when I was a kid preparing to go duck hunting in the rice fields of Arkansas. Thank you ftp for your help.

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I wouldn't mind some help programming mine too.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!