drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hey brother, your tablet is ready for pickup and I have you a little something extra as well. ;)
Well Chris, I've played with it got a topo of my area here downloaded made waypoints and deleted my routes. The only thing right now that I have a question on is when I make a waypoint, (pond) for instance, when I delete the track it deletes the waypoint too. How do I keep the point of interest, (pond) as part of my map?

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Ownership

1. 1000-3
@JTW I asked if Chris had already sent you tablet back to you. Unfortunately he already had cause I had the perfect screenshot to put on it.

Reactions: JTW
drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Without a track, I don't think it will allow random waypoints but I didn't develop the app so I can't say for sure. Have you checked the OruxMaps manual in the tracks & waypoints section?
Yep, I didn't find anything that would allow that. I guess the only way to do it is record my track and send it to you for publication with the waypoints.;)

Reactions: sharp and BWAF
J

JTW

@JTW I asked if Chris had already sent you tablet back to you. Unfortunately he already had cause I had the perfect screenshot to put on it.
I don’t think the tablet camera has a zoom that powerful!!

Note***
you’ve been having trouble grasping the jokes I’ve been throwing at you.. This was a “you have a small penis” dig!

sugarray

sugarray

Is this a game show?
Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2016
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Are the tablets the newest version? So, when I purchase will the tablet be a new 2018 edition?

Reactions: sharp
Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Are individuals mapping these or how are the maps coming about? I know BobT does maps for WV outlaws and HM. Been using them on my current tablet. But i havent seen where there are anyone mapping Ride Royal blue or others. Just wondering the credibility of the trails and where the information comes from. Thanks!

Lifetime-Trailmaps

Lifetime-Trailmaps

Mar 27, 2018
Dalton, GA
www.lifetimetrailmaps.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand
We use various track data sources. Primarily crowd sourcing...some compensated, some not. For instance, we have tablets riding Aetna Mtn right now recording tracks that will be sent to us to clean up and incorporate into our data. Same with most of the areas that we have. Some of BobT's West Virginia tracks made it into our Hatfield maps, etc.

For instance, let's say you purchased one of our tablets and rode a large area around North Carolina. You could record your tracks and email us the track file to clean up and put out in a community update if you so desired.

In the end, we are not really selling a "product" per say, rather we are selling a service that is supported with excellence and updated consistently.

Last edited:
Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
We use various track data sources. Primarily crowd sourcing...some compensated, some not. For instance, we have tablets riding Aetna Mtn right now recording tracks that will be sent to us to clean up and incorporate into our data. Same with most of the areas that we have. Some of BobT's West Virginia tracks made it into our Hatfield maps, etc.

In the end, we are not really selling a "product" per say, rather we are selling a service that is supported with excellence and updated consistently.

Completely understand. Ive seen Facebook posts bashing you for selling maps. But i get that you aernt selling the maps, you are selling your service of putting maps on tablets.

Lifetime-Trailmaps

Lifetime-Trailmaps

Mar 27, 2018
Dalton, GA
www.lifetimetrailmaps.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Yeah, I saw the drama in the WV facebook group about BobT's maps. It's not just selling a service of putting maps on tablets. There are countless hours that go into mapping, cleaning up, programming, supplier invoicing, phone support, answering inquiries, website building and updates, mapping updates, packaging supplies, stickers, shipping, etc. I invest 30 hours minimum per week into this mapping adventure above and beyond running my graphics business and anyone who has dealt with me knows that my focus on service and customer interaction is 110%.

I've been in business for almost 25 years. I learned early on that there are haters in every arena. People will bash you for spanking your kids, drinking a unique beer, driving a certain brand, etc. It doesn't phase me in the least. Some hate because of their life circumstances. Some hate because they were born angry. Some just have nothing better to do than hate. Lifetime Trail Maps speak for themselves and the community support for what we are doing is phenomenal.

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!