Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah, I saw the drama in the WV facebook group about BobT's maps. It's not just selling a service of putting maps on tablets. There are countless hours that go into mapping, cleaning up, programming, supplier invoicing, phone support, answering inquiries, website building and updates, mapping updates, packaging supplies, stickers, shipping, etc. I invest 30 hours minimum per week into this mapping adventure above and beyond running my graphics business and anyone who has dealt with me knows that my service is 110%.

I've been in business for almost 25 years. I learned early on that there are haters in every arena. People will bash you for spanking your kids, drinking a unique beer, driving a certain brand, etc. It doesn't phase me in the least. Some hate because of their life circumstances. Some hate because they were born angry. Some just have nothing better to do than hate. Lifetime Trail Maps speak for themselves and the community support for what we are doing is phenomenal.
Anyone who has ever dealt with crowd sourced data, even reviewed answered surveys should be able to relate. Just organizing all the information and keeping current would be a chore. People have just gotten use to going to the internet to get answers - it is tough enough to get people to search for the answer rather than just posting to have someone answer for them. You are also taking a lot of responsibility on with dealing with other people devices and cleaning up the routes you get. Plus it looks as you are adding value by having tutorials online that customers can watch - that is a big investment of time on your end.... I look at it as time I don't have to invest and I am willing to exchange to get my time back.

While I don't know the exact drama in the WV FB group I am willing to bet the same people upset that you might be using someone's trails that were publicly posted have no problem using that same data and not compensating someone for it.

Lifetime-Trailmaps

Lifetime-Trailmaps

Mar 27, 2018
Dalton, GA
www.lifetimetrailmaps.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand
While I don't know the exact drama in the WV FB group I am willing to bet the same people upset that you might be using someone's trails that were publicly posted have no problem using that same data and not compensating someone for it.
You are exactly right and what's ironic is that I offered financial compensation to BobT for using some of his Hatfield tracks. Of course, he said no big deal. Drama llama farms are popping up all over the interwebz. :D

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Been playing all morning with the tablet. Adjusting, changing just to tweak it to my preferences. This thing is awesome. The only thing I would like to have is the ability to save points of interest to the map. Aside from that I can't wait to use it this weekend at Coalmont.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for calling me Chris. He straightened me out on how to save points of interest without losing them when you clear the "track". Easy, just kept missing it. Again looking forward to using it this Saturday at Coalmont. Gonna be a blast.
Do we need to start calling you Professor Fubar now? I can see you teaching a class at Takeover from your front porch :D

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a samsung tab 4 and it has android version 5.1.1 .Can you program your maps into this @Lifetime-Trailmaps ?

Reactions: BWAF
sugarray

sugarray

Is this a game show?
Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2016
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do you plan to use 1 big card or a couple smaller cards?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!