William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok I'm ordering a light bar off amazon and the Honda accessory sub harness. I have NO electrical experience. What else do I need to order? I want a rocker switch on the dash to turn it on. Fuses? Relays? I'm lost...

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Ok I'm ordering a light bar off amazon and the Honda accessory sub harness. I have NO electrical experience. What else do I need to order? I want a rocker switch on the dash to turn it on. Fuses? Relays? I'm lost...

If it's an Auxbeam, it will come with the necessary relay. You will need a rocker switch which Amazon will have as well. I've got a five position blade fuse box under the hood that I ran the feed from the sub harness through to the light bar. Also, the hot from the relay is a 12 gauge with 20 amp inline fuse (provided by Auxbeam with the light) which I ran to my house fuse box as an alternative.

Last edited:
William

William

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What about an inline fuse? Are there directions with the relay?

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
What about an inline fuse? Are there directions with the relay?
Again, you're ordering from Amazon so I presume it's an Auxbeam. If so, it comes with a relay. Of the wires extending from the relay, there is a larger (12 gauge red wire) with a 20 amp inline fuse that connects directly to the battery. In fact that relay needs to be mounted adjacent to the battery. Positive to the rocker will be switched power from your subharness. If you don't use the supplied switch and you buy a rocker switch from Amazon, be sure to jumper power on the switch to the pins for the two led's in the switch. The Auxbeam does come with instructions.

Last edited:
Reactions: William
William

William

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Again, you're ordering from Amazon so I presume it's an Auxbow. If so, it comes with a relay. Of the wires extending from the relay, there is a larger (12 gauge red wire) with a 20 amp inline fuse that connects directly to the battery. In fact that relay needs to be mounted adjacent to the battery. Positive to the rocker will be switched power from your subharness. If you don't use the supplied switch and you buy a rocker switch from Amazon, be sure to jumper power on the switch to the pins for the two led's in the switch. The Auxbeam does come with instructions.
It is auxbeam.

William

William

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I have to hook a positive wire up to the battery and also get positive from the sub harness?

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
So I have to hook a positive wire up to the battery and also get positive from the sub harness?
Yes. The instructions will illustrate that. The wiring harness will provide power for the switch, the relay must be hooked directly to battery power.

Last edited:
William

William

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I actually understand now! I had given up on a light bar bc I was scared I would burn my bike up with bad wiring. But I see now it's not hard at all. The hardest part will be routing wires which is simple... Thanks!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!