P1000 Light Truck Tires

S

SKipes

Jul 8, 2018
Upper Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Up-date on my light truck tires, I have the 2019 1000 LE. Here in Costa Rica you can drive everywhere with this so hard paved roads, dirt and stone, Jungle, sand, water crossings everything. With the ATV tires I can only get 4,000 miles out of a set, this is my 3rd Pioneer, so I wanted to try the truck tires, glad that I made the switch. I got Quad Boss rims 15X7 5/2 4-137. I brought them back in a suitcase from a visit to the USA. That was a story for another time. Tire choices are good but with the all types of conditions I just chose what I think will work the best for my use, if I can't get through with this tire maybe I should not go. I have never turned around yet. The tire is 235/75X15, it's 28.5 tall The weight was something I was looking at, stock tire and rim as I took them off, front 37.2 lbs, rear 47.2 lbs and the new rims and tires are 51.4 all 4 are the same. No effect noticed about the weight, much quieter and very smooth. Started off with air at 20 but you could tell if a dime was heads or tales, I am now at 11psi and all is good. The steering feels like it wants to always be centered, I will check the toe in and out next. For my conditions this is a no brainer, the ATV tires here range from $180 to $250 each and the truck tires were $79 each expecting
a lot more miles from this tire. I have no rubbing or touching anything in full lock turns, also no spacers in the rear. If you look careful you can see that the rear is just a wee bit narrower but that keeps the mud more inside the wheel wells, I like that better.View attachment 147825 View attachment 147826View attachment 147827View attachment 147828View attachment 147825 View attachment 147826 View attachment 147827 View attachment 147828 View attachment 147825 View attachment 147826 View attachment 147827 View attachment 147828View attachment 147829
I also noticed the machine staying a lot cleaner from the tires being a 5/2 offset and to me that's a plus. I am also glad I made the switch to 15 inch rims and light truck tires.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I also noticed the machine staying a lot cleaner from the tires being a 5/2 offset and to me that's a plus. I am also glad I made the switch to 15 inch rims and light truck tires.
Well if you ever come to NW Arkansas with your buggy to ride, those won't work here in the wet seasons, which seems like every two weeks this Summer! HA!

P

PineTree

Sep 9, 2015
Andover, IL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Myself and both of my daughters are running lt truck tires, theirs are Goodyear Wranglers and mine is BFG ko2 all 235/75/15. I have about 6000 miles and mine and tires are still like new. I thing both of the girls have around 2k miles on theirs. We are well pleased with them, because most of our riding is dirt roads and light trials.

@CPope
Do the Goodyear Wranglers you mention above happen to be Duratracs? If they are do you happen to have a picture of them on their Pioneer? I’ve ran Duratracs on several trucks and love them! So I’m really thinking about putting a set on my Pioneer. I’m curious as to how they look & how open they are on that small of tire (compared to larger truck tire sizes).

FOOTS

FOOTS

Jan 30, 2020
North Carolina
Ownership

1. Talon X4
The boys have pretty well covered it for you. Your gona have LT tire overload:eek: lol. Seriously, you’ll like them. I have 30x9.5x15 LT M/T tires and really like them so far. The price was the main reason I took a chance on them and so far very happy. I have wheel spacers with forward arched arms. If you don’t have the arms I would still recommend some spacers to clear with turning. If you need some info on that we can help too. I bought some Beadlock wheels for mine as well.
View attachment 109353 View attachment 109354

I know this post is older, but do you have any pictures of your tires and wheels straight on or at a angle? Trying to see the width of them on the 7 inch wheels. Found a killer deal on some Achilles and thinking about buying them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I know this post is older, but do you have any pictures of your tires and wheels straight on or at a angle? Trying to see the width of them on the 7 inch wheels. Found a killer deal on some Achilles and thinking about buying them.

Here’s a few pics. What type of Achilles are u looking at? I have there MT’s I’m running a 15” wheel.
F3457A3E 80D4 4D4A A181 5EAB4F5D8DB5
5BBBC03C 9A2C 4D4E AE01 51287CF396F6
6F2B5A75 BBBB 42E2 9EF1 E1E0961F6E73
BD39247F 63D2 4737 AA45 90B46C16E9CD

Reactions: Mudwing and FOOTS
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Well after reading through this thread, I'm thinking i'm gonna go this route when I replace tires. I wasn't thinking about it, but I found a set of fuel rims (new) 15" locally online. The guy is asking $400 and if he will take any less I am going to pick them up. I LOVE the Maxxis buckshot mudder II tires. I've sold a couple sets of them and they look great and should be aggressive enough for all but the deep swamp.

I know it's been stated that these truck tires are tough. But a lot of them in the 235/75/15 size are 6 ply rated. Has anyone had issues puncturing these tires? I would assume that a 6 ply truck tire would be at least as tough as an 8 ply atv tire... but IDK

russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
These are great tires. I had them machine balanced and they don't shake one iota, and are wearing exceptionally well. My rig is street legal and I run about 30 psi in them.
Forcum
Forcum Tires

advertisement
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
What pressure is everyone running in these LT tires?

9-10 psi when off road if you have bead locks just so they don’t come off the bead. On the road if your riding that a lot it’s your preference

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Well after reading through this thread, I'm thinking i'm gonna go this route when I replace tires. I wasn't thinking about it, but I found a set of fuel rims (new) 15" locally online. The guy is asking $400 and if he will take any less I am going to pick them up. I LOVE the Maxxis buckshot mudder II tires. I've sold a couple sets of them and they look great and should be aggressive enough for all but the deep swamp.

I know it's been stated that these truck tires are tough. But a lot of them in the 235/75/15 size are 6 ply rated. Has anyone had issues puncturing these tires? I would assume that a 6 ply truck tire would be at least as tough as an 8 ply atv tire... but IDK
I have yet to puncture one off roading in mud and all kinds of nasty stuff. I rode in Colorado last year with shine sharp rocks and had no issues. The only time I had one puncture was at RRB last year. We were parked taking a brake and I moved to let some poo poo’s go around and the ran a sharp pointy stump in the side wall. I believe any tire this would have happened too! So I just plugged it and it’s been my spare tire. After a year it’s still holding air

Reactions: ehart814
J

jajohn00

Nov 16, 2018
US
I have yet to puncture one off roading in mud and all kinds of nasty stuff. I rode in Colorado last year with shine sharp rocks and had no issues. The only time I had one puncture was at RRB last year. We were parked taking a brake and I moved to let some poo poo’s go around and the ran a sharp pointy stump in the side wall. I believe any tire this would have happened too! So I just plugged it and it’s been my spare tire. After a year it’s still holding air
I started another topic exploring my tire/wheel purchase options. I was zeroed in on 28x10x12 options for the better right of a wider sidewall. Then russknight pointed me this direction.
When you say you run you 15" setup at 9lbs with beadlocks would you say you can get a good ride over dashboards and potholes?
I ride in Idaho but plan on riding in Utah this summer. Bear Lake and Logan Canyon.
Last weekend I ran up the middle fork of the Boise River to Atlanta. LOTS of potholes and washboard roads that turn to snow floor.
I have a 2019 LE. I am going again this Saturday.
I am now torn between my to options. I like the idea of the truck tire because I am cheap. LOL

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

J

jajohn00

Nov 16, 2018
US
I hate spell check. Just saying.

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Thanks,
that's my main concern with any tire, puncture resistance and toughness more than aggressive tread. As heavy as these things are, I get nervous all the time running the 4 ply stock tires off road. I was considering 12" rims and Berserkers for a while, but now i'm leaning more towards 15" rims and truck tires because of the price and availability of replacements. I run a lot of roads and I think that for me, most of the time, the truck tires would be more practical and last longer.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I started another topic exploring my tire/wheel purchase options. I was zeroed in on 28x10x12 options for the better right of a wider sidewall. Then russknight pointed me this direction.
When you say you run you 15" setup at 9lbs with beadlocks would you say you can get a good ride over dashboards and potholes?
I ride in Idaho but plan on riding in Utah this summer. Bear Lake and Logan Canyon.
Last weekend I ran up the middle fork of the Boise River to Atlanta. LOTS of potholes and washboard roads that turn to snow floor.
I have a 2019 LE. I am going again this Saturday.
I am now torn between my to options. I like the idea of the truck tire because I am cheap. LOL

No problems with pot holes or washboards. Remember we’re not the weight of a truck and not blasting like the Baja! Lol. I’ve had them for 2 yrs and no complaints. The ware is fantastic and I haven’t got stuck yet and I’ve been trough some good muck. Good shocks help the ride with any tire you get. I have Fox shocks with different springs due to some other stuff I have going on

J

jajohn00

Nov 16, 2018
US
No problems with pot holes or washboards. Remember we’re not the weight of a truck and not blasting like the Baja! Lol. I’ve had them for 2 yrs and no complaints. The ware is fantastic and I haven’t got stuck yet and I’ve been trough some good muck. Good shocks help the ride with any tire you get. I have Fox shocks with different springs due to some other stuff I have going on
I have an LE with Fox Shocks. What king of a spring change did you make. The only reason I was considering the 28×10×12 was for the better ride. But I love the idea of the easy replacement and cost of the truck tires.

J

jajohn00

Nov 16, 2018
US
I am about convinced to go the truck tire route. Is it better or preferred to use a bead lock wheel or a regular wheel. I visited with a friend that hated his beadlock's because he couldn't get them to hold air. They leaked no matter what he tried.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I am about convinced to go the truck tire route. Is it better or preferred to use a bead lock wheel or a regular wheel. I visited with a friend that hated his beadlock's because he couldn't get them to hold air. They leaked no matter what he tried.

He either bought a cheap set, torqued or mounted them wrong. That said, I’ve never had a problem ;) When your installing them..patience is a virtue

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I have an LE with Fox Shocks. What king of a spring change did you make. The only reason I was considering the 28×10×12 was for the better ride. But I love the idea of the easy replacement and cost of the truck tires.

I can’t remember off hand what they are. If u go my build or search Fox spring change you’ll find the links. It will cost you about 3-400$ I have extra weight in my doors so I was bottoming out a lot and causing me to pre load too much sacrificing what was left of the spring. Also just wanted to change some things over all. If your happy with the way it rides now, don’t change them.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!