Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Bhahahaha thought about title name and just left it.
We call it the Little Goat, named very correctly. Anyways our Wolverine has been such a good machine for a long time. It’s hauled trailers around, drove off a cliff, driven by everyone and just plain beat to death.
Fan has been out for years, a couple years ago it seized, one side had bearings were falling out, so took out one of the two sides to get it by. Lasted year like that then back to seizing occasionally and we’d have to spin it to get going.
Fast forward to last weekend, it overheated on a climb, we wound up towing with Pioneer to get to the destination as we were fully loaded up. For some reason “neutral” was actually drive when not running so after miles of towing it like that we noticed smoke. Pulled over and realized it was coming from the belt. We quickly pulled drain plug and forced fluids into the belt case to put it out.
it did still move but was sticky.
I promised my daughter we’d get it all fixed back up for her. It’s been great but had a very rough life in the possession of my family. So it’s time, after 4 years of absolutely nothing she gets some love.

C894B81D 358A 4749 874E 812BC94B99CA
8C2633BB 9970 4A38 8E87 34DEBDAC6696

Last edited:
Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Bhahahaha thought about title name and just left it.
We call it the Little Goat, named very correctly. Anyways our Wolverine has been such a good machine for a long time. It’s hauled trailers around, drove off a cliff, driven by everyone and just plain beat to death.
Fan has been out for years, a couple years ago it seized and we took out one set to get it by. Fast forward to last weekend, it overheated on a climb, we wound up towing with Pioneer to get to the destination as we were fully loaded up. For some reason “neutral” was actually drive when not running so after miles of towing it like that we noticed smoke. Pulled over and realized it was coming from the belt. We quickly pulled drain plug and forced fluids into the belt case to put it out.
it did still move but was sticky.
I promised my daughter we’d get it all fixed back up for her. It’s been great but had a very rough life in the possession of my family. So it’s time, after 4 years of absolutely nothing she gets some love.

View attachment 276499View attachment 276500
Let me know how much the front fender cost and I’ll PayPal you da cash.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Everywhere you look there was damaged and broken parts. There’s no doubt she’d total out but again it’s been a great machine, only real issue was the fan.
but as I looked into it deeper the miles and lack of maintenance (none) as well as different drivers, many of whom was there first Sxs experience has left her needing a drastic overhaul. Only have 12 days to get it done before Father’s Day ride. It’s my daughters so it’s much more important then my machine.
Side job after side job last week to start buying parts. I’ve now ordered 22 different parts and still a half dozen to go. Some have been big dollar items so it’s not fun, but the smile will be worth everything.
Hard finding parts right now, I’m finding source after source to get it done. Yamaha has nearly nothing. It’s tough on a time crunch.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Let me know how much the front fender cost and I’ll PayPal you da cash.
Oh you mean this fender? Lol. Grill and bumper were really messed up in that corner too. But bumper was already tweaked from flying off the road into the tree 20 ft up before she spun around and took out box from Kevin when he fell asleep driving with me in passenger seat.
I say bring me a 30 bomb Coors Light and we’re good. Honestly I kinda hate replacing all this stuff, a lot of memories going away😞
2FDD9700 F704 4C90 BF06 2BC27179DD2C

E6E2BADD 323E 4354 B6DD D4A8C0007CD7

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
The Goat is now down to mainly the stuff that’ll stay. Not too bad in only a few hours and a couple beers. Obviously already got the new tires on it. Was able to bend front bumper around so that’s good, on a severe budget but doing all I can. Would like to order all kinds of stuff as this machine has only ever got a soundbar, 2 of those cheap ass 4” light pods and a flip up SuperATV windshield that broke a couple weekends in. Btw @SuperATV can I buy just the upper windshield?
30E2787A C809 4BBB 8039 3D13545A61D5
AD66FE0F C389 4FE3 806C 4F52BCB761FA

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Gotta give many props to Yami on this machine, it really does take some abuse. To ride where and how we do it does good fully stock. Stock steel skid plate is awesome, gets hung up more then plastic but other then that there’s no reason to add one. I STILL haven’t had to align the machine ever (was set right to begin with) that stuff holds up.
biggest b**** is the door handles on the outside of the machine, looks great on paper but even though they are recessed we’ve broken set after set then inally gave up and just climbed over the doors. And the fuel filler on outside is a damn bad idea.
But I wish in everything holy Honda would build some side rails that hold up like these do. Nearly straight after 4 years, I ain’t had one of my 4 Pioneers last 4 days. They did that right!

B8BC6580 B437 4772 B8DB 314A161B3A3B

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Well found where the smoke from the belt case came from after towing it. Can’t believe it still ran. Looks like two fold. Belt obviously got super hot and melted some. And the plastic coating on the sheave weights melted. She was hot! Also flat spotted the weights.
Wasn’t going to do it but screw it. If gotta replace them then it’s going Hunterworks. So new performance coming...
524614CA 34CC 4E18 89DA 817A1A552F58

8591201B 7C5A 47A9 AA54 BF4C1ADB88A8

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Well found where the smoke from the belt case came from after towing it. Can’t believe it still ran. Looks like two fold. Belt obviously got super hot and melted some. And the plastic coating on the sheave weights melted. She was hot! Also flat spotted the weights.
Wasn’t going to do it but screw it. If gotta replace them then it’s going Hunterworks. So new performance coming...
View attachment 276544
View attachment 276545
Good to know. This will help me when I get the viking 6.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Good to know. This will help me when I get the viking 6.
I hope you do and I’m still looking. Not much for sale out there.
All I knew about belt replacement was from Polaris. We did that so many times not funny. I hate belts, wish it were DCT but it’s not bad. Yami is a much better system for a belt. Good enough setup that I’m sure that’s why Kawasaki followed with it.
After a ton of reading I found Todd at Hunterworks clutches. Figured out setup I wanted. It’ll have a much lower takeoff, have a lower crawl range, lower cruising RPMS and not that it matters but a slightly higher top speed because of the lower Rpm at cruise. Sounds like win win. That guy knows his s***. All reviews sound good. Wolvie is good but if I can make it better for her I will. She can run that thing well, time for a little bump. 😊

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
All I knew about belt replacement was from Polaris. We did that so many times not funny. I hate belts, wish it were DCT but it’s not bad. Yami is a much better system for a belt. Good enough setup that I’m sure that’s why Kawasaki followed with it.
After a ton of reading I found Todd at Hunterworks clutches. Figured out setup I wanted. It’ll have a much lower takeoff, have a lower crawl range, lower cruising RPMS and not that it matters but a slightly higher top speed because of the lower Rpm at cruise. Sounds like win win. That guy knows his s***. All reviews sound good. Wolvie is good but if I can make it better for her I will. She can run that thing well, time for a little bump. 😊
New shocks?

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
You don't like JBS?😄

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I’ll probably catch hell for this. “New” belt arrived. Decided if stock lasted 4K till we did something you’re not supposed to and it still moved then used one with 820 miles. Probably not something I’d do with Polaris lol.

C30E7E77 6D6F 450F 9359 B0169B1D46EE

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
My daughter came out to help this morning and told me 4wd wasn’t working. So jumped into that project to purchase anything needed ASAP.
After checking relays and the fuse pulled out the control box, sure enough on the problem now. Something somehow broke a corner of the box and allowed water in. Not sure how something even got to it to damage it, way in there. Must be all them dirt roads!
Hard to believe that little motor controls 4wd. Have I said before I hate electronics? Lol. Definitely prefer the Pioneer cable drive setup. Just saying.
freed up the motor and going to clean up, reinstall. Repair the servo box. Damn expensive part, I’ll take my chances.

59C4049A A662 4870 8E44 DCB6FDC05D55
59BA4CED 6B1E 4572 A842 AFA6AD4C5780
20EC640F 890E 4D2A A1A5 841B6F677FA8

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Dammit! Got 4wd servo motor freed up but not good enough. Brand new box from Yamaha is way to much money. Found aftermarket replacement motor only and ordering that one up.
I swear this thing looks like a cheap RC/car motor, I’m sure I could figure it out but hobby stores closed and I don’t feel like tearing apart a bunch of Walmart kids toys to find right one.
Waiting now on a s*** ton of parts...

23109F27 6073 45AF 8AB7 1B8B8A97AE75

E50C7D84 A98C 4AAA A33C 8356F1BB29B6

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Well since can’t work without parts she got a much needed bath. Hasn’t been close to this clean in 4 years.
Think Clutch my be jealous, it’s her time soon...

78DDB975 DAD9 4158 AB23 32AD02053AC6

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!