Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Couldn’t find a grill that’d be here in time for next trip out so opted to rebuild the original. It’s gotta get done.
A combination of melting plastic back and a two-part urethane over fiberglass mesh on the backside. Tomorrow night I’ll finish the front. It’s at least one solid piece again and two mounting tabs back on.

BA7A78BD 7320 4996 A426 0AFFAC4ED4FD
D780DE81 32D4 4122 AA6D 698FCAC881E6

pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Man CP when you go to fix one you go all the way your dodge is looking great to how are you liking it I haven't replaced my pioneer yet you have to order anything back here hope all is well at your camp

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
This project looks to be expensive, challenging, but rewarding when completed. Please continue telling us the story with your excellent photos.

I look forward to seeing it completed and running again.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Man CP when you go to fix one you go all the way your dodge is looking great to how are you liking it I haven't replaced my pioneer yet you have to order anything back here hope all is well at your camp
I keep hoping to see you in something again, been kinda expecting it sooner then later. Ya feeling good and back to mostly norm yet?
Ya liking the truck a lot. Was figuring there’d be something on it I’d have do but it’s good. No recalls lol. Since it’s cost has gone to zero, just fuel, its allowed us to start moving on other much needed work. I was planning rest but within a couple months I need everything camp related back up to par, so there’ll be a little hustle. Want to hit the trails hard and have no failures.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
This project looks to be expensive, challenging, but rewarding when completed. Please continue telling us the story with your excellent photos.

I look forward to seeing it completed and running again.
Truly hasn’t been too bad yet. Was just going to fix a few things but really didn’t want to put broken pieces back on, and I want it right for my daughter as well as friends and family.
Everyting that’s ever been done to the machine, accessories included, and everything that’s just been bought barely adds up to just what the Fox shocks costed on the Honda. I feel that’s awesome for 4 years of hard abuse. She’s proven her worth to us.
The challenging part is coming up with it so quickly after a major build just previously, and right now parts availability on anything absolutely sucks. Some things no problem, others are months out. Some things will be fixed because of it.

Last edited:
SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
The Goat is now down to mainly the stuff that’ll stay. Not too bad in only a few hours and a couple beers. Obviously already got the new tires on it. Was able to bend front bumper around so that’s good, on a severe budget but doing all I can. Would like to order all kinds of stuff as this machine has only ever got a soundbar, 2 of those cheap ass 4” light pods and a flip up SuperATV windshield that broke a couple weekends in. Btw @SuperATV can I buy just the upper windshield?
You know, @CumminsPusher , I was a little nervous clicking on this thread in the office here. The title had me looking around just in case something a little hairy popped up. That would have been baaaaaaaahhhhd (goat noise). 🤣 🤣

abb478f06733ec43642d322c67dd9e627f8b0d60.gifv

No prob on that upper windshield. Just shoot me a message whenever you're ready. 🤟😎

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Update please
Update is grim. Getting emails saying parts “backordered no eta” even from places that said in stock. Pretty much like everything else right now. And places won’t break up orders to send what they do have. I’m furious, made a promise to my daughter that I can’t keep.
Working my ass off to at least get mechanical stuff ordered, shipped and installed by Father’s Day weekend for her. I guess broken crap going back on, gunna need a bag of zip ties. So ya not good.

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Update is grim. Getting emails saying parts “backordered no eta” even from places that said in stock. Pretty much like everything else right now. And places won’t break up orders to send what they do have. I’m furious, made a promise to my daughter that I can’t keep.
Working my ass off to at least get mechanical stuff ordered, shipped and installed by Father’s Day weekend for her. I guess broken crap going back on, gunna need a bag of zip ties. So ya not good.
Well, f*** me running 🏃‍♂️

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Well, f*** me running 🏃‍♂️
Eh just being honest. Just been so rough for so long that we wanted it nice again for her. Pretty foul mood about it but we will have it up and running. That’s the important part right now I guess

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Looking good Cp you'll get it done and it will look like a new one changing any colors
Yes it’s going to eventually go blue. Lower gearing more power. Have a few other ideas from my daughter that we will get to. Might be hard for me to stay up with her soon lol.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Got to work early this morning and finished up the grill here. This was one of the pieces not available currently. But it’s crucial for everything, kind of a quickie it’s not perfect but one piece now.

0F91BA94 4DDA 4848 BF0C F749F3E09F40

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Also some good news. Partzilla got back to me by phone and mentioned the back ordered stuff. Lady was really nice and is working to get stuff shipped to different wear house under priority from Yamaha, so hopeful.
And Been talking with Todd from Hunterworks Clutches and sent some pics of everything over, he wanted to see everything before we just started ordering parts. He’ll call back later with a game plan, says he’ll 2-day ship everything so it’ll be here in time.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
f*** ya!!! Partzilla came through it looks like. Emergency order from Yamaha was the ticket. Plastics look good to make it in time

6F114FD2 7F69 461E A296 EEA9CD8B0CF3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!