moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey CP, did you cut 4.5 out if the b and c pillars? I took 5.5 out of the a pillar, wasn't sure what math you used to match them up.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I
I don't know if l'd have the balls to try this,I 'v got to give you credit for going at it.Hope it goes as planned for you.
Whatcha talking about @iowaguy? You were the first person to do a caged p5-4. You got hell for it yet did it anyway and it came out sweet!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Hey CP, did you cut 4.5 out if the b and c pillars? I took 5.5 out of the a pillar, wasn't sure what math you used to match them up.
Ya that was the most I could go within reason. The center post will be a the worst but it know you know. You have to deal with that upper flange that's welded to the b post. I just cut that weld and pulled it back enough to get at the post but it's a pain to weld under. Might be easier to cut through it and reweld

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Awesome. Thanks. I'm sitting here trying to visualize the b pillars. If I cut 4.5 it looks like it will get into the curve. And I ran out of welding wire. Shcrap. Got the a pillars welded up at least.

Reactions: pct
iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I

Whatcha talking about @iowaguy? You were the first person to do a caged p5-4. You got hell for it yet did it anyway and it came out sweet!
Ya I know ,but everything I did , only put 3 -3/8" holes in the sxs,everything else slid into the frame rails, or clamped on,I really have to give you 2 credit for doing this.I could just see me telling the wife I f###ed up and have to order a new roll bar!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Awesome. Thanks. I'm sitting here trying to visualize the b pillars. If I cut 4.5 it looks like it will get into the curve. And I ran out of welding wire. Shcrap. Got the a pillars welded up at least.
It does just a little. You'll have to cut a few welds top and bottom just a hair. It does get into the curve a very little bit and you'll have to grind a little on your interior sleeve. I'd get everything lose before welds it has to flex just a bit Lower I b I cut long and came back and trimmed the upper seatbelt mount then put that on as a cap if that makes sense

Last edited:
Reactions: pct
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Ya I know ,but everything I did , only put 3 -3/8" holes in the sxs,everything else slid into the frame rails, or clamped on,I really have to give you 2 credit for doing this.I could just see me telling the wife I f###ed up and have to order a new roll bar!
thats funny

Reactions: moparornocar
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Best pic I could find. If you look the very top of the seatbelt brace was cut about 3/4 as well as the upper brace should be as it's easier (I didn't I just folded then folded back)weld back side of b post throw a little paint on it then replace the upper section of seatbelt brace weld and your back in. This is why I say 4 1/2 is really max without getting into heavy s***. You can see I did get into the round slightly maybe 1/4" but do not go more

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
As she sits for today. Out if welding wire and just got word the monster in law is on her way from Illinois

Reactions: CumminsPusher
moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 19900 Best pic I could find. If you look the very top of the seatbelt brace was cut about 3/4 as well as the upper brace should be as it's easier (I didn't I just folded then folded back)weld back side of b post throw a little paint on it then replace the upper section of seatbelt brace weld and your back in. This is why I say 4 1/2 is really max without getting into heavy s***. You can see I did get into the round slightly maybe 1/4" but do not go more
Yeah, I goobered up and cut too much. I'll get the c pillars welded in and then tackle that b pillar

Reactions: CumminsPusher

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!