P500 Mountian Riding and Rollovers

Reddfrogg

Reddfrogg

May 15, 2016
Grand Junction CO
I live in the Western part of CO, and I haven't ridden the trails in the central part of the state, I have been up and down some fairly steep hills with my 500. I haven't had any trouble with it feeling tippy, As long as you practice some common sense caution, you shouldn't have any problems.

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I live in the Western part of CO, and I haven't ridden the trails in the central part of the state, I have been up and down some fairly steep hills with my 500. I haven't had any trouble with it feeling tippy, As long as you practice some common sense caution, you shouldn't have any

Co...in the 4 corners area..alot
of steep riding...Durango/ LaPlata

B

Blackdawg

Nov 23, 2016
Kentucky Lake, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 500
I have studied all the Pioneers,Yamahas and Polaris offerings, the only one that I believe fits my needs and makes financial sense is the p500, but the local dealers give the p500 a big thumbs down. Not a positive word do any of them have to say about it. Maybe I am going against the grain on this. I like the 1000, but imho it just wouldn't really be functional where I spend most of my time, in the big woods/swamps/river bottoms,maybe in the rice fields,logging roads,open fields it would work but it is also an ignorant amount of dollars imho and I would have to buy a new trailer to haul it, to get it setup would cost nearly 20 grand,I prefer to take the ten grand I save and go kill elk/mule deer/caribou/black bears/antelope for the next 5 years with that coin,so it gets the thumbs down. All the offerings from Yamaha/Polaris have their issues and I am kinda loyal to Honda for the reliability that I have experienced. I lean toward the P500 for 2 reasons. I need to have load capacity both on the machine and towing utility trailer around the estate and business. Next I have a couple of kids that need to go hunting,which is "the only reason I test drove the 1000", really hard to turn them little ones loose on their own wheeler in the dark, so I guess my mind says to get the p500. I can get all three of us on the machine for short rides around the woods for now and by the time the little one gets old enough to go west no telling what machines could be available. It seems as most of the tribe is O.K. with riding this little rig in the hill,hollers and mountians, no worries about the mud. I appreciate all the inputs and glad they sell lots of different sizes/brands to fit all our various needs, if you have more photos of mountain riding/hunting or videos post them up would sure like to see them.

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Spellmajr

Spellmajr

Jul 10, 2016
North MS
Ownership

1. 500
From a hunting buggy/yard tool you can't beat the P5. I've have had me another 200+lb fella and 400lbs of seed and fertilizer on it and she never missed a beat. I love the fact I can get in tight places like a 4 wheeler, I hunt a ton of public land and some places the 1,000 wouldn't make it because of size. But man I tell you one thing. When it's not hunting season I eyeball that 1k every single day. Only thing is my luck I would be that guy with clutch issues.

G

Grizzbut

Aug 19, 2016
New Mexico
Ownership

1. 500
Planning a trip from Silverton around the alpine loop with excursions. Then off to Ouray and Imogene Pass, hopefully go down black bear and sneak out of Telluride. P500 the whole way. That should a good test for the 4 wheelin go cart. Long way to roll down the side of the mountain if it fails, but no guts no glory.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

advertisement
500oneer

500oneer

15,000 mile club
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Central PA
Ownership

1. 500
Cow Mat. Where cows go to wipe their feet....I like it. Was thinking of doing something similar.
I just bolted it down in the front two holes. That lets me easily lift up the back to clean and I keep rope underneath the mat. It does make a slap noise when I catch some air but that doesn't happen too often.

NitroxDiver

NitroxDiver

Dec 22, 2016
Concord NC
Ownership

1. 500
I just bolted it down in the front two holes. That lets me easily lift up the back to clean and I keep rope underneath the mat. It does make a slap noise when I catch some air but that doesn't happen too often.
If you catch air on a p5 you would surely have exploded on landing! lol

KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly

Jan 4, 2017
Ashland, KY
Ownership

1. 500
I have studied all the Pioneers,Yamahas and Polaris offerings, the only one that I believe fits my needs and makes financial sense is the p500, but the local dealers give the p500 a big thumbs down. Not a positive word do any of them have to say about it. Maybe I am going against the grain on this. I like the 1000, but imho it just wouldn't really be functional where I spend most of my time, in the big woods/swamps/river bottoms,maybe in the rice fields,logging roads,open fields it would work but it is also an ignorant amount of dollars imho and I would have to buy a new trailer to haul it, to get it setup would cost nearly 20 grand,I prefer to take the ten grand I save and go kill elk/mule deer/caribou/black bears/antelope for the next 5 years with that coin,so it gets the thumbs down. All the offerings from Yamaha/Polaris have their issues and I am kinda loyal to Honda for the reliability that I have experienced. I lean toward the P500 for 2 reasons. I need to have load capacity both on the machine and towing utility trailer around the estate and business. Next I have a couple of kids that need to go hunting,which is "the only reason I test drove the 1000", really hard to turn them little ones loose on their own wheeler in the dark, so I guess my mind says to get the p500. I can get all three of us on the machine for short rides around the woods for now and by the time the little one gets old enough to go west no telling what machines could be available. It seems as most of the tribe is O.K. with riding this little rig in the hill,hollers and mountians, no worries about the mud. I appreciate all the inputs and glad they sell lots of different sizes/brands to fit all our various needs, if you have more photos of mountain riding/hunting or videos post them up would sure like to see them.

I don't take many pictures but I am in Eastern KY and ride here, central WV, and the Roanoke area of Virginia. All areas steep mountains, muddy bottoms, and rocky streams. I love the P500 as I held off on pulling the trigger on a SXS as I was a Honda ATV guy and loved where I could take them when going to retrieve a deer or just exploring. I looked at the RZR trail but it lacked the ability to haul enough stuff and I didn't want a belt drive. My friends all have Rangers and I can go a lot more places and I don't have to replace a belt every year or so. I did have one roll over incident when trying to teach my son how to navigate a sketchy trail. He got nervous of the edge and got too far uphill. Any machine would have tipped. I got a great deal on a 2016 with 240 miles on it, they traded it in on a Arctic Cat Prowler because it wasn't fast enough for them. I love to go fast but for where I ride the P500 goes plenty fast enough and when going down a steep logging road being able to put it in L or 2 and just let crawl down is great.

B

Blackdawg

Nov 23, 2016
Kentucky Lake, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 500
Actually these dealers carry multiple brands of UTV's and have them lined up in rows to pick from. I suspect it has something to do with keeping the service department busy year around. One actually stated to me how the Honda's aren't built like they used to be,,,blah,blah,blah. I will believe it when I personally have seen it, my three wheelers, ranchers, foremans have been bullet proof going on 20 years I have owned them.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!