P500 MTX Overhead Audio Pod fits!

Slayer

Slayer

Jul 3, 2019
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
Finally had time to install mine....put it left of center bracket so
i didn't have to drill holes and move the support .....did everything else like @Mudder except one thing.......bought some black command velcro strips and used them in the rear instead of the adhesive pad. Unit is really tight and doesnt move. Lower rear portion of OEM roof does bulge outward some but it is minor. Definitely sounds better directly overhead.

Reactions: Mudder
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Put the final paint on my bracket last night and picked up a bunch of bolts and nuts. Fyi, the threaded holes on the back (or top?) of the unit where the clamps bolt in are M8. I had to get some longer ones to go through my homemade bracket into the stereo. Tonight I should have this all together, if all goes well.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Put the final paint on my bracket last night and picked up a bunch of bolts and nuts. Fyi, the threaded holes on the back (or top?) of the unit where the clamps bolt in are M8. I had to get some longer ones to go through my homemade bracket into the stereo. Tonight I should have this all together, if all goes well.
Just wondering if the front bracket was too small for the P1000 ROPS or if you just wanted to position it away from the front? Recall the ROPS are different diameters. May slide mine over the driver for better sound as often riding solo lately, surprised how much it improves the stereo effect.

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Just wondering if the front bracket was too small for the P1000 ROPS or if you just wanted to position it away from the front? Recall the ROPS are different diameters. May slide mine over the driver for better sound as often riding solo lately, surprised how much it improves the stereo effect.
I needed to move it towards the back of the machine. I have it positioned about 6" towards the rear from the front tube. The distance between the two tubes is a lot more than on the 500. If I clamped it to the front tube, the back of the radio would be almost a foot in front of the rear tube. I had to make something, so I figured I would experiment a bit and see where I thought it would be easiest to reach the buttons. Where I will have it mounted, it will feel similar to where it was on the 500 as far as how far I need to reach to push the buttons.

And yes, I believe the horizontal rops bars are larger than on the 500. About 2" diameter, I think.

Reactions: Chooglin and Mudder
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Here is the first one installed in a pioneer 1000 that I know of. 929b01f31212a485940b6d7d3e75802b
E6bf5d8fc5976cddf22c309ea6050efe

A little more challenging than putting it in a 500. I had to extend the wiring to reach the battery. The bracket I made turned out okay. It seems rigid enough, but I have only ridden roads since I got it done tonight. Time will tell. My clamps are kinda sucky. Don’t fit the rops super tight. Came with double sided foam 3m tape. Tightened all the way down they can move a bit. Maybe that’s a good thing. Super excited to have it installed finally. I missed it a lot since I got the new buggy! You just can’t beat these for $200. Now with the 1000 I have room to expand. Maybe add a couple more speakers somehow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
That P1K does have a bigger roof. Bet some @trigger shield rubber would tighten up those clamps. LOL. Good job. Glad I didn’t throw an old phone away, its now loaded with music and stays in the box.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Yep, the Polaris site is sold out.

328BFA9A A1CC 4838 B579 11CB35812674

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Too bad they don’t make them without the Polaris logo. It was a surprise to see how well they fit the P500. My polaris link still shows out of stock, go figure.

Slayer

Slayer

Jul 3, 2019
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
Something odd with mine...if listening to the radio and I turn on the light bar it interferes with the radio signal, but no problem when using blue tooth.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
I only have engine noise on AM, no interference otherwise.

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
So, I found this thing online: Polaris RZR 1000 900 Rear Overhead MTX Dual Speaker Add-on 2879514 | eBay

It is designed to plug into the MTX overhead unit made for the Razr's. I have seen these units in person, and they appear to be the same as the one we are using, just a different shape. They are much harder to find, and much more expensive.

I believe that the Razr unit and the Ace unit have the same rectangular 8 pin output plug, which the "add-on" unit plugs in to - supposedly plug and play. I is pretty much impossible to find compatibility info online, and MTX refuses to acknowledge my inquiries. Since i have a five seater, I thought it would be cool to be able to add two more speakers for the rear passengers.

Anyhow, I pulled the trigger on the Add-on speakers today. Will report back after I receive it.

Reactions: trigger and Mudder
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Could you just get this cable to add external speakers as long as you don’t exceed specs.
MTX OEM to Aftermarket Full Range Adapter - RZRFRC | Dennis Kirk

View attachment 156511
Yeah, I saw that too. I've been looking at this for a while.

I am not interested in investing a lot of time and money into piecing together more speakers. The appeal to me is "plug and play" and a 5 minute install. If that doesn't work out, I'll be selling the add-on unit here on the site. I guess it would be possible to tear the thing apart and figure out which wires do what.

The add on unit should clamp right to the rear ROPS bar. Would be super cool if it all works out...

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!