Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
So one unit was making a popping on/off like a circuitry issue, just got the replacement today under the 1 year warranty via a local dealer drop off. Turns out it was popping off due to suspected bad voltage regulator spikes of 18 volts, beyond the radio +/- operating range.

Last edited:
N

NHpioneer500

Sep 5, 2018
Hillsborough, NH
Ownership

1. 500
Does the dry box just have a USB port to plug in any kind of USB charge cord? Also are there any other ways to hook up audio other than bluetooth? I only ask cause I have an old ipod classic and doesn't have bluetooth so it would have to hook up via headphone jack

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Inside the box is a USB charger, velcro phone strap and headphone jack for the Aux setting, as well as AM/FM radio. There are user manuals at the bottom of the page in this link. MTX Overhead Audio Pod | Polaris ACE

N

NHpioneer500

Sep 5, 2018
Hillsborough, NH
Ownership

1. 500
Inside the box is a USB charger, velcro phone strap and headphone jack for the Aux setting, as well as AM/FM radio. There are user manuals at the bottom of the page in this link. MTX Overhead Audio Pod | Polaris ACE

Okay thanks.. I looked at the manual but could find anything about a headphone Jack only an aux input. I ordered one at my local Polaris dealer and at first they were gonna charge me the full price until I showed them the website. I'm hoping to get it before I head north for some riding this weekend.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Hope this helps. Adjusting BASS to max with lower TREBLE level helps the sound quality, IMO. FYI, The OEM sub harness has the right plugs for the two power leads, but the ground wire is a different size, so cut and splice. I run both radio power leads off those key-on wires, no issues. The two LED dome lights is a nice feature.

50C07B42 AA6A 48B0 AE48 AE7898275615

Last edited:
N

NHpioneer500

Sep 5, 2018
Hillsborough, NH
Ownership

1. 500
Hope this helps. Adjusting BASS to max with lower TREBLE level helps the sound quality, IMO. FYI, The OEM sub harness has the right plugs for the two power leads, but the ground wire is a different size, so cut and splice. I run both radio power leads off those key-on wires, no issues. The two LED dome lights is a nice feature.

View attachment 143432
Which key on wires did you use?

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Okay so I need to use 2 of the subharness wires to hook this unit up.
Yes, the Polaris ACE radio harness has two 12v power leads to fit their under hood factory terminal posts for both key on, and full time hot (for dome light) power. I prefer both being key-on with the Honda sub harness to avoid inadvertent battery drain from leaving the dome light on (my lesson learned). LOL. Only used the front ROPs bracket, with supplied foam pads to cushion the rear sitting on top of the rear ROPS. Fits snug with an OEM roof.

N

NHpioneer500

Sep 5, 2018
Hillsborough, NH
Ownership

1. 500
Yes, the Polaris ACE radio harness has two 12v power leads to fit their under hood factory terminal posts for both key on, and full time hot (for dome light) power. I prefer both being key-on with the Honda sub harness to avoid inadvertent battery drain from leaving the dome light on (my lesson learned). LOL. Only used the front ROPs bracket, with supplied foam pads to cushion the rear sitting on top of the rear ROPS. Fits snug with an OEM roof.

I dont have an OEM roof but the Open Trail roof so we shall see how it fits.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Those middle bracket threaded holes provide some options. Might be as easy as some short flat bar to the rear ROPS to drop it lower to avoid holes through roof.

2BB90954 26ED 4D99 84C4 A94B5855CF0D

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Okay thanks.. I looked at the manual but could find anything about a headphone Jack only an aux input. I ordered one at my local Polaris dealer and at first they were gonna charge me the full price until I showed them the website. I'm hoping to get it before I head north for some riding this weekend.

You actually want the AUX input, looks like a headphone jack but smaller...or a USB. I use an old Ipod classic and it has a different connection on the bottom, might need something like this?

Stereo 3.5mm AUX Input to iPod iPhone Dock Connector Male Cable Adapter 30-pin for sale online | eBay

Slayer

Slayer

Jul 3, 2019
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
@Mudder ....with your install and the OEM roof, is the raised Polaris word visible on the back of the unit? If I purchase I intend to remove all references to Polaris.....don't want folks to think my radio is belt driven and subject to frequent break downs...lol

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
@Mudder ....with your install and the OEM roof, is the raised Polaris word visible on the back of the unit? If I purchase I intend to remove all references to Polaris.....don't want folks to think my radio is belt driven and subject to frequent break downs...lol
I hear ya, but having 3 polaris machines and 2 with 20 years on the original belt, its ok to me. HondaSxS sticker might help.

FEAD0629 3022 4F90 81BD EAC334C9AC5A

Reactions: Mudwing
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Yep...thats always an option! Just joking about the Polaris. This is the branding I was asking about. This is my first attempt at posting a pic....hope it works
View attachment 144194
Hole the installation goes ok. I just zip tied wires to ROPs in the 0500 instead of drilling a hole in rops. Polaris had pre-drilled holes. Let us know how it works out. Unit has more weight than I imagined. Like how you can leave it on and it keeps the settings on start up, just like a car unit. Remember full Bass setting for better sound.

Last edited:
Reactions: Slayer
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Haven’t seen anyone put this in a 1000 yet. I guess I’ll have to figure it out myself!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mudder
Slayer

Slayer

Jul 3, 2019
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
Hole the installation foes ok. I just zip tied wires to ROPs in the 0500 instead of drilling a hole in rops. Polaris had pre-drilled holes. Let us know how it works out. Unit has more weight than I imagined. Like how you can leave it on and it keeps the settings on start up, just like a car unit. Remember full Bass setting for better sound.
Are you still happy with how you have the unit resting on the rear ROPS? If so I plan to use the patented 3M - Mudder Mounting Method!

Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
Are you still happy with how you have the unit resting on the rear ROPS? If so I plan to use the patented 3M - Mudder Mounting Method!

Mine hasn’t moved a bit. I mounted it the same as @Mudder. Solid!!

Also agree, turn the bass all the way up for best sound.

Reactions: trigger and Mudder
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!