Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Just tried both units side by side with BT, unfortunately will only connect wireless to a phone one at a time. Guess the unit 1 output jumpered to the input mini plug of the unit 2? each unit can select its own source.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Saw this plug, unable to get to rear of my unit. Don’t know if similar.
Polaris OEM to Aftermarket Subwoofer Output Adapter

0E6BAE70 646E 4250 A047 FF45ECCAB434

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Don't know exactly what you're trying to do, have two separate units playing the same thing? You need a splitter, like a 3.5 mm if it's equipped with one.
You could hook the other two speakers to the first unit but they would share the power and depending on the amp inside, you could burn it up as you're putting it under a 2 ohm load. Two more speakers in pods would be a lot cheaper.

Reactions: Mudder
sthomp54

sthomp54

Jun 11, 2015
Just got mine today, quick shipping from ebay! I halfway installed it to see how it is going to fit up, the moose roof fits tighter than the honda roof so it is going to bulge the back out a little, no biggie though. This thing is awesome, sounds great and the waterproof compartment is great with usb charger. Also the dome light is a nice touch, really going to be handy. I cranked it up on a few songs and it surprised me how good it sounds for 6" speakers. Anyway great deal, thanks @Mudder !! Now I just need to install my front locker and I will be ready for riding season :)

Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
Even had the same power plugs as the honda accessory sub harness. Set the rear then push up the front. Holds in place itself while you put front bolts in. Power cables long enough to reach sub harness. Plugged in just a car antenna cable and got even better reception (cable left over from my antenna spider web sticks).

@Mudder is the accessory sub harness that you plug into something already on the P500 or something that I need to get?

Todd627

Todd627

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
@Mudder one more question on the hookup. What colors on the sub harness do you matchup with the orange and black wires on the radio?

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Green and red, single wires. Thinking both were key on power only. Will check later.

Todd627

Todd627

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
Green and red, single wires. Thinking both were key on power only. Will check later.

Now even more confused (no surprise) i thought the red wire would plug into the red sub harness wire. Guess I need to know where all three of them should be plugged into. Sorry for all the questions @Mudder :confused:

Reactions: Mudwing
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Just looked, since I had the Polaris red hooked to a full time hot terminal that supplies the winch, I connected the Polaris orange (key on) to the Honda red. Try the honda green and red, worst case both may be key on only. don’t know if the MTX requires a full time hot for channel preset memory. I grounded the MTX ground directly to a frame ground point.

Reactions: Todd627
Todd627

Todd627

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
Just looked, since I had the Polaris red hooked to a full time hot terminal that supplies the winch, I connected the Polaris orange (key on) to the Honda red. Try the honda green and red, worst case both may be key on only. don’t know if the MTX requires a full time hot for channel preset memory. I grounded the MTX ground directly to a frame ground point.

Thanks @Mudder!

hawgsooie

hawgsooie

Mar 12, 2019
AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Found one earlier today on eBay for $179, so I grabbed it. Was $199 with a $20 coupon at checkout and I believe it was the last one.

here's the seller's page. on_any_sunday_1961 on eBay

Reactions: Mudder
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
So has everyone got them installed and working OK?

Last edited:
Todd627

Todd627

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
@Mudder, yes, mine is installed and working good. Overall pretty happy with it given the price and "plug N play" setup. Still playing around with the final location above me though. Going to get some pods to hook into the auxiliary port for a little more sound.

Reactions: trigger and Mudder
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!