Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
My P1K5 was used to help save my life yesterday.

I'm not kidding.

Dumb ass me put waders on and ventured out to pull the rolling boat docks in from the lake. I got that done, then decided to wander out to try to remove some poles that screw into the sand/mucky bottom (used to tie the pontoon boat off on the starboard side when docked).

Anyway ... many here know I am an AKA (above knee amputee). Well, standing out in water that was slightly above waist deep and pushing and pulling on the pole caused me to sink into the very mucky bottom. I literally could not pull my feet out of the muck, as I only had one leg to pull out, then had to try to pull my prosthetic leg out with my arms. My limb kept slipping put of the socket. By the time I pulled my prosthetic leg free, my good leg was stuck in the muck again.

All I could do was stand there holding the flimsy pole as a support, holler for help and hope I had the strength in my good leg to keep me above the water until someone heard me. My leg got weak and I could barely hold myself up with the pole, crouching down in the water. My waders started to take water in them. If I sat down fully, my head would have likely been under water.

Some of my neighbors heard me yelling for help. After ~10 minutes of being stuck and losing strength, they showed up. They could not pull me free by hand because that would have caused them to sink into the muck with me.

Someone had brought a ski tow rope with them. They wrapped it around my waist a couple times, then attached it to my P1K5, which I had driven down to the water's edge when I came down to mess with the rolling docks.

They started it up and literally pulled me from the muck, freeing my legs that had become buried at least 1' deep, and dragged me to the shore.

I'm pretty sure I was more scared yesterday then I was 10 years ago on the day the hit & run drive ripped my leg off with a '92 Buick as I was e-stopped on the side of the freeway sitting on a stationary motorcycle.

I guess I just found out one more of the very few things I should not try to do alone, now that I'm an AKA.

Sorry, no pics, @Remington.

So ... anybody else have fun with thier Honda Pioneer this past weekend? :cool:

Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2

I'm not kidding.

Dumb ass me put waders on and ventured out to pull the rolling boat docks in from the lake. I got that done, then decided to wander out to try to remove some poles that screw into the sand/mucky bottom (used to tie the pontoon boat off on the starboard side when docked).

Anyway ... many here know I am an AKA (above knee amputee). Well, standing out in water that was slightly above waist deep and pushing and pulling on the pole caused me to sink into the very mucky bottom. I literally could not pull my feet out of the muck, as I only had one leg to pull out, then had to try to pull my prosthetic leg out with my arms. My limb kept slipping put of the socket. By the time I pulled my prosthetic leg free, my good leg was stuck in the muck again.

All I could do was stand there holding the flimsy pole as a support, holler for help and hope I had the strength in my good leg to keep me above the water until someone heard me. My leg got weak and I could barely hold myself up with the pole, crouching down in the water. My waders started to take water in them. If I sat down fully, my head would have likely been under water.

Some of my neighbors heard me yelling for help. After ~10 minutes of being stuck and losing strength, they showed up. They could not pull me free by hand because that would have caused them to sink into the muck with me.

Someone had brought a ski tow rope with them. They wrapped it around my waist a couple times, then attached it to my P1K5, which I had driven down to the water's edge when I came down to mess with the rolling docks.

They started it up and literally pulled me from the muck, freeing my legs that had become buried at least 1' deep, and dragged me to the shore.

I'm pretty sure I was more scared yesterday then I was 10 years ago on the day the hit & run drive ripped my leg off with a '92 Buick as I was e-stopped on the side of the freeway sitting on a stationary motorcycle.

I guess I just found out one more of the very few things I should not try to do alone, now that I'm an AKA.

damn good thing they could hear you yelling. glad you got out ok

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
That’s some scary sh!t, glad you’re okay!
I recommend you carry your cell phone everywhere. Assuming you could have kept it dry, you could have called somebody.
I had it. In the buggy. LOL.

Yea, I thought about that as I was in the water.

I've decided that I'm going to avoid walking into the lake if I'm by myself.

Prntckt

Prntckt

Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2020
Altoona, WI
Ownership

1. Talon X4

I'm not kidding.

Glad youre OK. That was a close one.

BadMechanic

BadMechanic

Sep 25, 2021
New York
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Looking to buy

3. 500

4. 520
Scary indeed! Nothing like feeling helpless and nothing seems to be working. Glad youre safe.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

ChadD

ChadD

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2018
Brown City
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did you tell them to ease into it so all that power didn't rip you in half? 🤔😁.

Glad you're alright.
I've been stuck in mud on a construction site before. Had to shovel me out. Ofcourse they all thought it was funny and took pictures 🙄🤣

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

I'm not kidding.

Glad you survived! The world just wouldn't be the same with out @Scoop!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!