GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Man, coming home from tulsa is hard on my equipment... how this happened today I don't know. I felt my truck jumping on the highway about 60 miles from my house and assumed my airbags were too full without a load on the truck... when I got home I saw this on the ground. Can't believe no one flashed me or anything. Had to be throwing sparks out the back...

d7d1973b4f44577bd21dbbc6a56dc6b1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can't believe it's still attached. It must have not come off to Farr from your house

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My guess is the bottom bolt being tight would hold it up occasionally when it would bounce or something. I have no clue either how it was still on there.

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My guess is the bottom bolt being tight would hold it up occasionally when it would bounce or something. I have no clue either how it was still on there.

Bad deal. But could have been worse. You ain't been having real good luck lately

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
No kidding.

I think you need a new shock, lucky it didn't catapult into next year. Is your truck still under warranty?

Reactions: nbomar
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I think you need a new shock, lucky it didn't catapult into next year. Is your truck still under warranty?
Same thing happened to me and some idiot buddies of mine went night fishing a while back, heard it pulled over, crawled under my truck, the shock mount broke, about that time, I saw a light from a flash light, asked them to hand me the flash light to see what had happened, it was a cop and we were drunk, while laying under my truck, handed the flash light back and asked if they could hand me some wire out of the back of my truck to wire the shock up, they did. Wired the shock back up, Handed the cop back his flash light and said thanks a million and drove off. My buddies still can't believe it. HA!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Same thing happened to me and some idiot buddies of mine went night fishing a while back, heard it pulled over, crawled under my truck, the shock mount broke, about that time, I saw a light from a flash light, asked them to hand me the flash light to see what had happened, it was a cop and we were drunk, while laying under my truck, handed the flash light back and asked if they could hand me some wire out of the back of my truck to wire the shock up, they did. Wired the shock back up, Handed the cop back his flash light and said thanks a million and drove off. My buddies still can't believe it. HA!
Another time it was mid August, I had the fishing bug, so I headed out a little before dark to the lake to do some night fishing, I knew there would be road blocks coming back from the lake, no alcohol on this trip, just water. I took a gallon of water, didn't last long, it was one of those August nights, HOT, ran out of water, loaded up and headed home. Sure enough road block. Officer asked me if I had been drinking, I told him yes sir, I have run out and that's why I'm going home. He smelled my breath and said, I don't smell alcohol , I replied, no sir Iv'e been drinking water. He stepped back and laughed and said, guess I didn't ask what you had been drinking. True story!

advertisement
J

JTW

Man, coming home from tulsa is hard on my equipment... how this happened today I don't know. I felt my truck jumping on the highway about 60 miles from my house and assumed my airbags were too full without a load on the truck... when I got home I saw this on the ground. Can't believe no one flashed me or anything. Had to be throwing sparks out the back...

d7d1973b4f44577bd21dbbc6a56dc6b1.jpg

Well there's your problem..

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Top of shock came undone and drug the highway for 60+ miles. Lucky it didn't do any other damage.

Time for a ram dually @nbomar

Reactions: JTW
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm a Ford guy at heart... if I wasn't on the dave Ramsey plan I would have a 2017 f350 in my driveway already...

You know that the ram puts out more torque at the wheels than the Ford? It failed miserably compared to ram and gm!

Reactions: Mopower58
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Everyone arguing about diesel here you go @CumminsPusher @nbomar

Reactions: Mopower58
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Everyone arguing about diesel here you go @CumminsPusher @nbomar
I wasn't arguing and especially not about power. I like Cummins because the inline diesel proves itself with dependability everyday in every semi train and cargo ship. Everything is going same way with less moving parts and everything is thicker and larger and builds its power at much lower RPM's how can that be bad. Everyone has different opinions.
If I had 5k at will for injectors, turbo or many other things I wouldn't prefer what I do. For me it's never been which motor makes slightly more power they all make a bunch more then truly needed. I know that's not popular on this site but I'm not buying a truck because of the name on the grill I'll buy one because of what's behind the grill. But I'd LOVE a 2000's Ford with a cummins!
Hey but thanks for throwing me under the bus lol

Last edited:
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I wasn't arguing and especially not about power. I like Cummins because the inline diesel proves itself with dependability everyday in every semi train and cargo ship. Everything is going same way with less moving parts and everything is thicker and larger how can that be bad. Everyone has different opinions but there's a reason my truck is worth double with double the mileage of same year Ford.
If I had 5k at will for injectors, turbo or many other things I wouldn't prefer what I do. For me it's never been which motor makes slightly more power they all make a bunch more then truly needed. I know that's not popular on this site but I'm not buying a truck because of the name on the grill I'll buy one because of what's behind the grill. But I'd LOVE a 2000's Ford with a cummins!
Hey but thanks for throwing me under the bus lol
Wasn't throwing you anywhere quit being a drama queen!. Just showing the facts ding dong! Of the new trucks.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Wasn't throwing you anywhere quit being a drama queen!. Just showing the facts ding dong! Of the new trucks.
I know buddy but you know how I get with Cummins. it's the same disease I got for Honda. I will enjoy the '17 I'm coming over in though but sad I can't bring mine.

Last edited:
advertisement