P1000 NBomars tinkering and silly stuff

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Don't I remember you finding what looked like a broken exhaust manifold bolt in your driveway a while back or did that end up being something else I don't remember

Never have found out what that was... could t find anything missing. Could have been somewhere I can’t see though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Pretty sure I blew out the gasket / fuse ring on the downpipe of my gmc dually this weekend headed to Branson. Going down a steep hill with exhaust brake on the truck got up to 4000rpm and got really loud. Sounds like a straight pipe coming out of the passenger side front fender. Anyone ever had this happen? Evidently the clamps on the downpipe are basically fuses from what I heard from a buddy.

The Ford dealers are having big July 4th sales events;) Just sayin;) that F450 would look good towing that toy hauler!

Last edited:
nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The Ford dealers are having big July 4th sales events;) Just sayin;) that F450 would look good towing that toy hauler!

28689e5ca7d7f7334afc52218ec103b8

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Repair bills are cheaper than car payments. Lol

Yes they are, what time you going to be at Mulberry Fri?

Reactions: sharp
advertisement
nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Pretty sure I blew out the gasket / fuse ring on the downpipe of my gmc dually this weekend headed to Branson. Going down a steep hill with exhaust brake on the truck got up to 4000rpm and got really loud. Sounds like a straight pipe coming out of the passenger side front fender. Anyone ever had this happen? Evidently the clamps on the downpipe are basically fuses from what I heard from a buddy.

Well I didn’t blow a gasket... I blew a 3” hole in my downpipe! Holy cow didn’t even know this was possible... got an appointment next week to have it taken off and patched with much thinker material. The diesel performance shop said this isn’t unheard of so he suggested a strong patch vs a new stock pipe.

0e02e9cd92c00d24897ebb4931c2ba98heic

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Well I didn’t blow a gasket... I blew a 3” hole in my downpipe! Holy cow didn’t even know this was possible... got an appointment next week to have it taken off and patched with much thinker material. The diesel performance shop said this isn’t unheard of so he suggested a strong patch vs a new stock pipe.

View attachment 48257

Probably warped some valves due to the cooler air hitting them and that leads to cam issues, that leads to crank, issues due to running an unbalanced engine, hope you weren't pulling anything or driving for very long. HA! F450 looking better all the time. Sorry just had to dig.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Probably warped some valves due to the cooler air hitting them and that leads to cam issues, that leads to crank, issues due to running an unbalanced engine, hope you weren't pulling anything or driving for very long. HA! F450 looking better all the time. Sorry just had to dig.

It still runs just fine @Smitty335 but thanks for looking out for me! Lol. I’m beginning to think you and @Tigermark should get together and get me a nice platinum f450 like @JACKAL for Christmas this year. Black or white is fine with me. Thanks guys!

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!