Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Radio is a TYT TH -8600 I ha e seen one place that carries both a model listed as Th-8600 and a Th-8600WP - the WP for water proof but I am not finding any other difference between the two and the WP version was only like $5 more

That one above was on eBay and I found the others at R and L electronics

Last edited:
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did you best offer the seller? or just buy it at his price?

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
@nbomar, @Ragnar406 does this happen to have a normal (USB/MicroUSB)programmng cable? Or is it a special connector? Also have a speaker on top or bottom?

Last edited:
Reactions: Ragnar406
nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did you best offer the seller? or just buy it at his price?

I’m not good on eBay. Hardly ever use it. I didn’t see a best offer? Only button on mine is the buy it now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tramguage1
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@nbomar, @Ragnar406 does this happen to have a normal (USB/MicroUSB)programmng cable? Or is it a special connector? Also have a speaker on top or bottom?

The more of us that have the nicer radio the better it will work. As @Ragnar406 said, with this better radio, I will be able to transmit out much further than the hand heads, but the people with hand helds won’t be able to respond back to me so I can hear them. If we have a few people with these at the takeover we will be able to transmit and receive better. The whole debacle from last years ride to top of the world where we could transmit back and forth far enough in the line would be resolved.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I have on in my Amozon cart just waiting for your review. I was VERY I'm pressed with @ohanacreek s radio during the Overland Adventure.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The more of us that have the nicer radio the better it will work. As @Ragnar406 said, with this better radio, I will be able to transmit out much further than the hand heads, but the people with hand helds won’t be able to respond back to me so I can hear them. If we have a few people with these at the takeover we will be able to transmit and receive better. The whole debacle from last years ride to top of the world where we could transmit back and forth far enough in the line would be resolved.

I want to get a radio before takeover. The hand held just weren't cutting it. Let me know how this works out.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I just want to mention this is not a 100% solution - it may not fix the situation that happened going to top of the world. Anytime you are transmitting in the woods - hills, trees etc will absorb and effect radio waves. This may help but antennas play as big a part in this whole situation as the radio does. Riding in the dessert is a huge advantage in terms of being able to transmit and receive signals.

This radio should help with the following:
1. Getting in ride and forgetting to charge your HT battery.
2. Ability to hook up external speaker and position closer to ear + added volume

I just don't want anyone buying under the impression that this is a cure all.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nope - model number that nbomar bought is TH-8600
Not that the one you linked to is not a decent radio - it is not rated water and dust proof/resistant - which I think is much needed in the environment we ride in mostly.

Reactions: JTW

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!