need advice

A

annt2011

Apr 17, 2021
liberty
Ownership

1. 1000-5
About a 2018 Honda pioneer 5 1000 everything works great low hrs 79hr mi 400 riding i hit washed out spot and when i did the reverse and low won't engage u can turn off and go threw all the gears fine u can push it n neutral just fine u can drive every mode fine sport mt at etc just won't engage low or reverse and won't show when it changes on the dash on the 4wd 2wd either tried the cable adjust wasnt it there fine checkedfluid s on sub tran fine checked battery was up and good any thought s again drives great no noise no strange anything just won't engage could it be shifting swjtch or something like that possibly

Reactions: Biteme
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
About a 2018 Honda pioneer 5 1000 everything works great low hrs 79hr mi 400 riding i hit washed out spot and when i did the reverse and low won't engage u can turn off and go threw all the gears fine u can push it n neutral just fine u can drive every mode fine sport mt at etc just won't engage low or reverse and won't show when it changes on the dash on the 4wd 2wd either tried the cable adjust wasnt it there fine checkedfluid s on sub tran fine checked battery was up and good any thought s again drives great no noise no strange anything just won't engage could it be shifting swjtch or something like that possibly
Check the adjustment of your shift cables behind front seat in the rear floor board, it has access panel, think the owners manual explains it, if not I know there are several vids here.

Reactions: Biteme
P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
One of the guys here had a cable end pull off or something like that. Get underneath and see if the cable going to the subtrans looks ok

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I would think it has to be those cables. Follow the cables out of the adjustment box.
One of the guys here had a cable end pull off or something like that. Get underneath and see if the cable going to the subtrans looks ok
That guy hasn't been back to the site in almost a yr.......I wish people would at least follow up with the end result if any. Leaving us hanging!! 😂

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
That guy hasn't been back to the site in almost a yr.......I wish people would at least follow up with the end result if any. Leaving us hanging!! 😂
No $hit! I wish people would pay attention to the date of the post too! Like talking to the air 😂

The OP never posted any pics ever.
now hes gone!😭
Pics Or It Didnt Happen!🥳

advertisement
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
With other forum software, threads can automatically close after a specific amount of inactivity. Perhaps @Hondasxs might want to look into that.

Mark in Northern Iowa

Mark in Northern Iowa

Club Contributor
Oct 20, 2021
Floyd County, Iowa
kramnella.wixsite.com
Ownership

1. 1000-3
With other forum software, threads can automatically close after a specific amount of inactivity. Perhaps @Hondasxs might want to look into that.
Close for replies, maybe 3 month or older, but still open for searching.
You all are a wealth of information.
In searching for stuff, I have read into threads from back in 2016.
Would hate to lose that capability.
Have a good day

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There are plenty of cases where you do want to allow replies to old threads, however. Most of the how-to threads, for example

Reactions: WagginTail

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!