LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
Yeah, I'll do the 8, just in case.

So, winch aside, connect this product in (power box, switch panel, circuit breaker), then everything runs to it (power box)? No other power runs, no switch runs, no relay runs? Correct? Acc power to Honda harness, or into the factory fuse box?
Correct. IIRC, there is a multi strand cable that runs from the switch panel to the relay/fuse box. Power from the battery (+) to a breaker, then to the relay box. Ground the box. You run your power wire from the relay box to your accessory and run your ground wire from your accessory to wherever you want. You can use the Honda accessory harnesses to trigger the relay box. It's been a minute since I've looked at mine, but I'm pretty sure that's it.

silvertrd09

silvertrd09

Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2018
Texas
Ownership

1. 500
Yeah, I'll do the 8, just in case.

So, winch aside, connect this product in (power box, switch panel, circuit breaker), then everything runs to it (power box)? No other power runs, no switch runs, no relay runs? Correct? Acc power to Honda harness, or into the factory fuse box?
I just looked up this Auxbeam 8. Absolutely 100% buy one. It's looks super easy to hook up. In my scenario it's the terminal bar, fuses and switches all in one. I remember reading about them in another thread now. You will still have to connect your stuff according to the amps. The one I looked up had 2- 30A, 2- 20A, 2- 10A and 2- 5A terminals/buttons. So you will still need to know what amps each accessory pulls. So example if your 2 cube lights pull 8 amps (4amps each) hook them to 1 of the 10amp terminal/buttons. The hardest part to figure out is where you want to mount the Auxbeam 8 on your P500.

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
Yeah, not sure I'll be able to find amp info for these pre-existing lights, but I should be able to research and get close.

Even if the switch panel ends up looking wonky (I'm not good at making stuff look good) it'll still be worth it for the simplicity.

silvertrd09

silvertrd09

Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2018
Texas
Ownership

1. 500
Futzin. From your 3rd pick of Critter with the EZsteer , would I have to remove my wiring setup to install an EZsteer on mine??

advertisement
rustyneversleeps

rustyneversleeps

Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 520
Last edited:
futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
Aux 8 has arrived. Some work to be done beforehand. More electric to disconnect (mirrors, horn, tail light run, etc), then winch wiring install with rocker and remote plug, then power steering install, then time for the Aux 8, I guess.

Planning on lighted mirrors, horn, rear cubes, rock lights, whips. We'll see . . .

The packages have started to pile up. Mudbusters, winch, Aux 8, skids, PS, air filter, frame caps, front bumper . . .

Last edited:
futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
20240217 095326

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!