Ownership

1. 1000-3
My Pioneer's first parade in Clifton Springs, NY
IMG 5526

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Added a Honda factory glass windshield, roof and hard rear panel. I really came close to going with Alumilite Armor cab but the dealer is giving me 15% off any Honda accessories I buy from him because of my purchase there.

Compare

This eliminates shipping costs for me. I also going with the Honda fabric half doors because that seems like an easier conversion from summer to winter months. Everything went in pretty easy. Be prepared nothing comes with printed instructions so you have to look them up online. I am pleased with this purchase but ouchie $$$$View attachment 65190

View attachment 65191
No doubt the Alumilite Armor is very nice, but I could not justify the difference in price over the Armor Tech (steel) in order to save the difference in weight.

Reactions: BWAF
OnTheJob

OnTheJob

Dec 29, 2017
Bristol, NY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Seeing that I’m gonna stay with these stock tire and rim set up, I thought I’d dress them up a little with some center caps and some black painted lug nuts.

https://www.amazon.com/Honda-Acura-Radius-Installation-Thread/dp/B01IGALYI2/?tag=sxsweb24-20

ITP Center Cap C110ITP | eBay

0C270ED9 C8D5 4E32 8EA9 8B6B2F246CA8

6ED3069B 2322 4FBE A7A8 632D549B4BD0

The center caps fit loosely. I can spin them easily in place. Not really thrilled with the fit but love the looks of them. I may just pop them on when I'm trying to look good. Just not sure how they'll handle the trails. The lug nuts scratch easy. The first one I put on with just a screw gun at first then tighten with a torque wrench got all chewed up. After that I hand tightened them then finished them with a torque wrench. Again, they look great but I can see them getting mauled if I ever have to removed them several times. I'm giving this modification a thumbs down. They look cool but we"ll see if they look cool in a year. Maybe I'll have a new set of tires and rims by then.

Last edited:
Reactions: DanDan and BWAF
E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Seeing that I’m gonna stay with these stock tire and rim set up, I thought I’d dress them up a little with some center caps and some black painted lug nuts.

https://www.amazon.com/Honda-Acura-Radius-Installation-Thread/dp/B01IGALYI2/?tag=sxsweb24-20

View attachment 78275

View attachment 78278

The center caps fit loosely. I can spin them easily in place. Not really thrilled with the fit but love the looks of them. I may just pop them on when I'm trying to look good. Just not sure how they'll handle the trails. The lug nuts scratch easy. The first one I put on with just a screw gun at first then tighten with a torque wrench got all chewed up. After that I hand tightened them then finished them with a torque wrench. Again, they look great but I can see them getting mauled if I ever have to removed them several times. I'm giving this modification a thumbs down. They look cool but we"ll see if they look cool in a year. Maybe I'll have a new set of tires and rims by then.

Once you add a little "mud camo" you'll never see any scratches!

• Haha
Reactions: ClayWelder and BWAF
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 78275

View attachment 78278

Looks good

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

OnTheJob

OnTheJob

Dec 29, 2017
Bristol, NY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Finally got a photo of my Erickson E-Track tire straps. Love them. Very secure. Fast load and unload. Previously I was crawling under and around the machine with 6 ratchet straps. Now load and two heavy duty ratchet straps and the machine doesn’t budge.
031C1C34 4967 4957 86BF 5461809931BC

OnTheJob

OnTheJob

Dec 29, 2017
Bristol, NY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Slow moving vehicle (SMV) sign installed. In NY if you are going to use public roads for a short period of distance, with a vehicle that is unregistered and uninsured, technically you are suppose have a SMV sign so it classifies it as farm equipment. Obviously doesn’t include state and interstate roads.

1CDA3953 9F28 4CC8 81F2 6033CD69658A

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HZC9L7E/?tag=sxsweb24-20
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009YIE14/?tag=sxsweb24-20
12 in. Hitch Extender

2DE67930 2407 4E15 A3A7 97477E09ECB1

I had to add a hitch extender to get it to clear the exhaust and bumper. I like this set up because I can remove it for trail use. Clean look IMO

E8824837 BA38 4904 B2D2 7B5AB9647175

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Slow moving vehicle (SMV) sign installed. In NY if you are going to use public roads for a short period of distance, with a vehicle that is unregistered and uninsured, technically you are suppose have a SMV sign so it classifies it as farm equipment. Obviously doesn’t include state and interstate roads.

View attachment 79165

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HZC9L7E/?tag=sxsweb24-20
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009YIE14/?tag=sxsweb24-20
12 in. Hitch Extender

View attachment 79166

I had to add a hitch extender to get it to clear the exhaust and bumper. I like this set up because I can remove it for trail use. Clean look IMO

View attachment 79167
Same law in Missouri 24d546b3234bdbb3c69fc50a2edc0b17

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Reactions: OnTheJob
Canuck1000

Canuck1000

Aug 3, 2018
Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
What a great build! I just picked up a P1K3 and I am 3 hours from you, over the border. Given my complete lack of mechanical aptitude would you consider letting me pay you to do some similar work to mine? At the dealers now getting first service, factory hard roof and horn kit installed but your winch, rear lights, second battery, etc. are all things I want and I don’t think I would trust my dealer to tackle those!

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What a great build! I just picked up a P1K3 and I am 3 hours from you, over the border. Given my complete lack of mechanical aptitude would you consider letting me pay you to do some similar work to mine? At the dealers now getting first service, factory hard roof and horn kit installed but your winch, rear lights, second battery, etc. are all things I want and I don’t think I would trust my dealer to tackle those!
Where are you in Ontario?

Canuck1000

Canuck1000

Aug 3, 2018
Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Just north of Hanover and bought from Hanover Honda.

OnTheJob

OnTheJob

Dec 29, 2017
Bristol, NY
Ownership

1. 1000-3

That's an interesting proposition. The work may look intimidating but it's actually not that hard to do because so many before us have figured it out for us and documented it well here on this forum. Most of what I did to my machine I copied from others. That's why on my build I have tried to detail everything I have done for others and for myself so I can go back and remember how I did something in case I need to trouble shoot something. I'm sure the second time around, a build would be way easier and faster, but I bet I have well over 30-40+ hours into this build. And a lot of swear words, blood, sweet and tears. The postal service, UPS and FedEx guys must think I'm crazy with the deliveries. Make sure you get Amazon Prime. It'll pay for itself in 6 months.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!