BOX1

P1000 Opinions on Black P1k

Z

Z-SFarms

Apr 9, 2019
West Central Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'm supposed to be picking up a Black 2020 Deluxe P1k3 this Friday. Coming with Glass windshield, hard roof, hard rear panel, brush guard and wiper kits. I usually have a weak spot for a white machine (pickup and rancher 420 for example) but these new black machines really caught my eye and I was wondering what others' opinion was or if I was off my rocker and just liked the idea of a new toy more than the specific color? Be honest! I promise it'll only crush me on the inside.

Last edited:
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What u talking about bro. F3d28035c6e20bcfb51a15ef90d658c2

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What u talking about bro.View attachment 170762
Just couldn't find much talk on here about ot especially for a new color I thought was SHARP! Glad to see I'm not the only one. Nice rig!
You guys are killing me with your black pioneers. I looked high and low for one when I bought mine and was willing to drive 6 hours one way to get it but every time I’d call about one I saw online they’d say no we don’t have that one. It came down to yellow or red so you know what I chose. This is like death by a thousand paper cuts! Just kidding, those black pioneers are sharp looking rigs. ;)

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Henry Ford got one thing correct when he said,

"You can have any color you want as long as it is black!!!!"

russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
I would advise against the factory hard top and rear panel. The windshield and top are ok, but the rear panel is a flimsy piece of junk (I have all three factory pieces). For a little more money you can get this>

Alumilte Armor

Russ989

Russ989

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would advise against the factory hard top and rear panel. The windshield and top are ok, but the rear panel is a flimsy piece of junk (I have all three factory pieces). For a little more money you can get this>

Alumilte Armor
I can see what you mean about the rear panel but the factory roofs are damn near bomb proof and don’t dent or get sprung. I’ve had three Honda roofs and Have no complaints.

russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
The roof is ok and the windshield is decent, but for a few hundred more you get something much better, IMO. Plus, if you wanted to upgrade to full doors, there's pretty much no comparison there from what I've read about the factory doors.

Russ989

Russ989

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The roof is ok and the windshield is decent, but for a few hundred more you get something much better, IMO. Plus, if you wanted to upgrade to full doors, there's pretty much no comparison there from what I've read about the factory doors.
I’ll give you the door argument but you’re not giving the Honda roofs enough credit. When I slide sideways and flop into a tree, my roof absorbs the hit and then I drive forward dragging it against the tree. I’ll take the Honda roof for myself.

Z

Z-SFarms

Apr 9, 2019
West Central Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-3

Alumilte Armor
If I didn't already have the parts on the way I would have considered this option for roof, glass, and rear panel, seeing as they are heavier built. Probably would have still stuck with honda parts because their styling seems to match the machine more and ultimately look the sharpest to me.

Z

Z-SFarms

Apr 9, 2019
West Central Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I’ll give you the door argument but you’re not giving the Honda roofs enough credit. When I slide sideways and flop into a tree, my roof absorbs the hit and then I drive forward dragging it against the tree. I’ll take the Honda roof for myself.
Agreed, honda doors leave a lot to be desired for almost $3k

Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Honda roof in my opinion is dam good.
As mentioned, it saves the sides if the rops when bouncing off trees and scrapes and scratches can be taken right out with vinyl rework junk. Very durable and I'd buy it again.
Black always looks great clean, but a b**** to keep clean.

Jim

Z

Z-SFarms

Apr 9, 2019
West Central Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Honda roof in my opinion is dam good.
As mentioned, it saves the sides if the rops when bouncing off trees and scrapes and scratches can be taken right out with vinyl rework junk. Very durable and I'd buy it again.
Black always looks great clean, but a b**** to keep clean.

Jim
I will agree black is a pain to keep clean but at least you can get it clean again. I have a white rancher and after 1 season burning pastures the soot and black color from sprayer hoses was almost ground into the plastic. I have still yet to get it all removed even with our hot water pressure washer; that is why I am going away from my usually white colored vehicles and was thinking of trying a black P1k. (I like the red but everyone has one so black was an easy first choice)

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!