P1000 vs Wolverine

MontanaBighorn

MontanaBighorn

May 9, 2016
Billings, MT
CarryGuide.com
Being an old-school Rhino enthusiast I fully intend on getting a Wolverine, eventually (I'm waiting on them to stuff a v-twin in). I've ridden them quite a bit and they are impressive, but honestly they are only marginally more capable than the original Rhino off which it is based and that's due to clearance and travel. It's awful tough though to compare it with a Pioneer 1000 because the machines are so different. The Wolverine is a sport machine with very little to no utility value making them impractical for anything other than dedicated recreational riding but Yamaha dropped the ball there as well by staying with the 700 platform. They gave it very little to no utility value by adding such a small and static bed placing it in the RZR/Maverick demographic with less than half the power. Had they released this machine with a 1000 v-twin they couldn't manufacture them fast enough to keep up with demand.
I think its a great machine, but there is too much room for improvement yet for me to buy one.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!