GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
That adapter made for Talon will help and bolt on my pioneer?

Yes it will help.

It will bolt up to your stock throttle body, I don't know if the air tubes are the same size or not I will know when I get mine, or maybe a Talon owner will confirm this.

aauman88

aauman88

Supporting Member
Feb 19, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes it will help.

It will bolt up to your stock throttle body, I don't know if the air tubes are the same size or not I will know when I get mine, or maybe a Talon owner will confirm this.

I messaged the eBay seller and asked and he said it won’t work for Pioneer but doesn’t know why. I have some eBay bucks begging to be used but I will wait for you to confirm it fits. Thanks

GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
I messaged the eBay seller and asked and he said it won’t work for Pioneer but doesn’t know why. I have some eBay bucks begging to be used but I will wait for you to confirm it fits. Thanks

We will know when it gets here, it's probably to large for the air hoses going to the filter box they look big in the picture will deal that then.
I would recommend boring your stock one out.
I think that is what snuffnwiskey done

GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
Anyone interested in dual paddle launch control like the Talon X4 for the Pioneer ECM?

I don't know for sure that it's possible yet, but I will know early next week. It's most likely possible.

I am picking it up Monday and it's going to get plugged into my Pioneer first. ;)

Hopefully they have a live Wire manual for it to so I can figure out which pin the launch control switch is on.
This is getting exciting

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Powercommander has a launch control they are working on for the talon. Pretty sure there were using the default launch control in the PCV. Saw a video of them using it.

Reactions: lee and GPR1500SC
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I used the Power Vision 3 to data log and flash my Talon ECU in my pioneer.

Resized 20190920 213831 Resized 20190919 210159

Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
I ordered a talon throttle body as well I hate that air box anyhow I may do something different with it

Z

Zmorris83

I am picking it up Monday and it's going to get plugged into my Pioneer first. ;)

Hopefully they have a live Wire manual for it to so I can figure out which pin the launch control switch is on.
This is getting exciting
One of the forum members sent me wiring diagrams for Pioneer, Talon and CBR1000RR. I'll see if he will send me the diagram for the X4.

Reactions: GPR1500SC
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Sure wish they would have had that out months ago....do you know if it reads in .bin or .hex format? Does it read in an encrypted format?
I didn't look to see. I'm sure it's encrypted though.

Z

Zmorris83

I didn't look to see. I'm sure it's encrypted though.
Can you check? Try making a duplicate of your read and changing the file extension to .bin. If the .bin file will still work in PV3 editor program or WinOLS then it's not encrypted.

Reactions: JTW
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Like he said, lower gearing.

Keep in mind that this is gear reduction between the crankshaft and clutch. The clutch and ALL of the powertrain will see an increased torque load. For Pioneers with an AT or Talon cam IGR seems like the ideal mod to bring back the off idle power loss.

IGR will make it bang the rev limit in auto at full throttle since the ECM uses speed, not RPM, for shift command. With the rev limit raised it should shift even in auto mode.

Been running the IGR for a couple thousand miles now. No way I’d go back.

It wasn’t hard at all to get the vehicle tuned properly where the shifts happen exactly where I want them in auto mode. It’s easy to get around.

Kilo427

Kilo427

Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
Been running the IGR for a couple thousand miles now. No way I’d go back.

It wasn’t hard at all to get the vehicle tuned properly where the shifts happen exactly where I want them in auto mode. It’s easy to get around.

I agree I have had it more or less since the guy started making them, I have never fixed the shift issue I just adapted my shifting and driving style and it has never been an issue.

Reactions: Plumber32 and BWAF
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I agree I have had it more or less since the guy started making them, I have never fixed the shift issue I just adapted my shifting and driving style and it has never been an issue.

Those 12oclocklabs dodads are pretty sweet. They’ve been in the heat, cold, underwater and everywhere else and I still haven’t had a failure. And even if one of them failed the machine will just go back to hitting the rev limiter in Auto. I’ve got three total. One for the sub trans output, front diff and the rear diff to correct the speedometer with 32s

J

JTW

Can you check? Try making a duplicate of your read and changing the file extension to .bin. If the .bin file will still work in PV3 editor program or WinOLS then it's not encrypted.
It’s my understanding you have to buy a license for additional machines.. so I’d assume it’s encrypted

Reactions: BWAF
Kilo427

Kilo427

Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
Those 12oclocklabs dodads are pretty sweet. They’ve been in the heat, cold, underwater and everywhere else and I still haven’t had a failure. And even if one of them failed the machine will just go back to hitting the rev limiter in Auto. I’ve got three total. One for the sub trans output, front diff and the rear diff to correct the speedometer with 32s

Electric doo dads always make me nervous, I don’t mind flashing an ecu but stuff like that seems to always go wrong for me.

What was it the night of the boat retrieval? Wasn’t it one of those sensors or was it something different

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Electric doo dads always make me nervous, I don’t mind flashing an ecu but stuff like that seems to always go wrong for me.

What was it the night of the boat retrieval? Wasn’t it one of those sensors or was it something different

I was checking those but it wasn’t the failure. I think I had water in the engine oil pressure sensor connector. It has never happened again. I removed the connector and cleaned/dried/sealed....hasn’t happened again

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

Also, the trouble code was engine oil pressure too low

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!