BOX1

P500 P500 Plow Setup Comparisons - Post your reviews here!

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
For those (like me) that will be purchasing a plow setup for the dreaded snow season that is approaching, I thought I would create this thread so that those of you who have plows already can post pics, reviews, pros/cons of the different setups on the market. Any info/advice from you guys will be greatly appreciated!

Here are the setups I am aware of (surely I have forgotten some):

KFI
Warn / Honda
Kimpex Click N Go
Denali
Moose
Cycle Country

If you have a plow, and would like to review, here are some things of interest:

Ease of installation
Fit and finish
Quality of build, and hardware
Ease of Plow removal/install
What size plow you use
Height of lift
Problems you have experienced, and customer service of the manufacturer
PICTURES (or it never happened!, right @rocmar ?)

Thank you in advance to those who contribute, and to those who have already.

Reactions: trigger and rocmar
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Cycle country is wat
I had...frame mount
plate....BadAss
on my outlander. ....

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
For those (like me) that will be purchasing a plow setup for the dreaded snow season that is approaching, I thought I would create this thread so that those of you who have plows already can post pics, reviews, pros/cons of the different setups on the market. Any info/advice from you guys will be greatly appreciated!

Here are the setups I am aware of (surely I have forgotten some):

KFI
Warn / Honda
Kimpex Click N Go
Denali
Moose
Cycle Country

If you have a plow, and would like to review, here are some things of interest:

Ease of installation
Fit and finish
Quality of build, and hardware
Ease of Plow removal/install
What size plow you use
Height of lift
Problems you have experienced, and customer service of the manufacturer
PICTURES (or it never happened!, right @rocmar ?)

Thank you in advance to those who contribute, and to those who have already.

I've used a Cycle Country on my quad for ten years. It's the manual/lift lever type. Can't complain, it's worked like a charm.
Kind of a PITA to take off and put on, drive up over handle and pins underneath.
Installed a complete KFI system on the P5. About a grand all said and done but nice quality. Was a pretty straight forward install. Blade is 60" and lifts high. Has rubber deflector on top.
Haven't used it yet, it's sitting next to the old one in the garage...looks bigger and beefier.

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I've used a Cycle Country on my quad for ten years. It's the manual/lift lever type. Can't complain, it's worked like a charm.
Kind of a PITA to take off and put on, drive up over handle and pins underneath.
Installed a complete KFI system on the P5. About a grand all said and done but nice quality. Was a pretty straight forward install. Blade is 60" and lifts high. Has rubber deflector on top.
Haven't used it yet, it's sitting next to the old one in the garage...looks bigger and beefier.

I'm glad to hear that. ..
most things get cheaper
& more expensive. ...
Mine was the same...
Drive over handle...
pin it....I loved mine
simple....never broke down
....hell of a plow setup

Reactions: trigger
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Cycle country is wat
I had...frame mount
plate....BadAss
on my outlander. ....

Yeah I had a cycle country plow setup on my quad that I had before the P500. Simple manual setup. Worked good. The only thing I didn't like was that it did not lift very high at all. These new front mount setups like the KFI lift a lot higher, and that is a good thing.

Reactions: trigger and rocmar
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Yeah I had a cycle country plow setup on my quad that I had before the P500. Simple manual setup. Worked good. The only thing I didn't like was that it did not lift very high at all. These new front mount setups like the KFI lift a lot higher, and that is a good thing.

Are you sure the front
end of p5....can support
the added weight...of plow
...I don't know...I'm asking

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Are you sure the front
end of p5....can support
the added weight...of plow
...I don't know...I'm asking
Well that's the way they are designing most of these plow systems for UTV's these days. Some forum members here have been using the KFI setup with good results, and it's a front mount. I want to go with a front mount for the higher lift and easier install.

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Well that's the way they are designing most of these plow systems for UTV's these days. Some forum members here have been using the KFI setup with good results, and it's a front mount. I want to go with a front mount for the higher lift and easier install.

Oh...ok
not it the plowing
snow scene anymore
so.....asking
didn't know if the short
travel of cheesy shocks
...& the weight...of plow
mattered....

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Really surprised that
not more members
jumped on this .....
thread
shared there experience
maybe this weekend

C

Chooglin

I am running the warn/honda setup.
54" plow ,works great , maybe should have gone with a wider plow.

Quality is good , at first I thought the plow mount looked a little weak , but I have had no problems with it !

Install is a breeze , pull 2 pins and remove plow !

I do remove the plow mount (4 bolts) in the summer months to keep it from getting damaged !

Honda stuff is way over priced !!!!!!!

C

Chooglin

20160213 130041 20160213 130029

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I am running the warn/honda setup.
54" plow ,works great , maybe should have gone with a wider plow.

Quality is good , at first I thought the plow mount looked a little weak , but I have had no problems with it !

Install is a breeze , pull 2 pins and remove plow !

I do remove the plow mount (4 bolts) in the summer months to keep it from getting damaged !

Honda stuff is way over priced !!!!!!!
Thank you! Lots of good info.

I was thinking the same thing about the width. at 54", I wouldn't think the plow would cover the width of the vehicle when it's angled, especially when running aftermarket wheels, like us. I think 72" would be much wider than I need. KFI has the 66" setup and I think that would be the right width for me...

Sounds like the warn setup is really simple to install.

Reactions: Chooglin
JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
KFI plow setup with 66" wide version. Superwinch Terra 3500. Very well built, nice fit and finish strong too. Prior to using thought plowing with a UTV would be more on the toy end of the spectrum.... Man was I mistaking, way faster than 100 hp agriculture tractor and bucket front end loader. Have pushed snow that was deep to floor boards. Blade lifts high and the spring trip assembly works well. I like how the UTV attachment plate assists on protecting front of machine and is remains on machine, also quick to attach. Great product made in the USA and looking forward to using for many years to come.

j

O

oldfortyfive

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2015
Illinois
Ownership

1. 500

I too have the Warn/Honda setup. Not too bad to install. Didn't have enough snow last winter to really prove it out. No real complaints. I bought it as a package deal with the P500, but not installed. From what I can see price wise it was within $150 of everything else I found at the time so price really wasn't an issue considering how much less hassle getting it was through my dealer was.

Reactions: ehart814
JollyJoker

JollyJoker

Jan 19, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 500
I run a 66" hydro-turn front mount Eagle plow on mine. Super fast to take on and off (less than 60 seconds) and lifts really high up. I store it on a 4-wheel dolly so I just roll it over to my p500, put 2 pins in and hook the winch line and the power connector and go. I really like that I don't have to get out of the cab to turn the angle and can turn on the fly. I did not get that much use out of it last season because of no snow, but I used it alot on the ice to find snow to bank up my fish house. I live in Minnesota (so is American Manufacturing which is Eagle Plows) so I went to there plant and made a deal for $1K out the door for everything.

Last edited:
Reactions: trigger
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I run a 72" hydro-turn front mount Eagle plow on mine. Super fast to take on and off (less than 60 seconds) and lifts really high up. I store it on a 4-wheel dolly so I just roll it over to my p500, put 2 pins in and hook the winch line and the power connector and go. I really like that I don't have to get out of the cab to turn the angle and can turn on the fly. I did not get that much use out of it last season because of no snow, but I used it alot on the ice to find snow to bank up my fish house. I live in Minnesota (so is American Manufacturing which is Eagle Plows) so I went to there plant and made a deal for $1K out the door for everything.

Wow that sounds awesome! I'd definitely pay a grand for that setup! Too bad you didn't get much snow to test it... a 72" plow seems huge. I wonder if the P500 would struggle pushing that through a foot of heavy, wet snow.

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Lots of good comparison info so far! Keep it going!

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Wow that sounds awesome! I'd definitely pay a grand for that setup! Too bad you didn't get much snow to test it... a 72" plow seems huge. I wonder if the P500 would struggle pushing that through a foot of heavy, wet snow.

Can't speak for the 72, but my 66" works great and additional 3" per side I can't see causing a problem. The power is there due to low gearing, it's just the weight of the machine is light when trying to pushing a large windrow of snow over with angled blade can shift machine laterally. This is if you're pushing against a bank of snow. In deep snow say deeper than floor boards I've made two passes. The hydro angle sounds like a nice option and angling on the fly would be cool. I'm very pleased with my KFI set up and surprised at how quick it can move snow.

jrc

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!