P500 P520 Silent Rider inquiry

sleepybear

sleepybear

Jun 17, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Interesting! May have to consider this. Its tough to tell through youtube clips differences in 'silent exhausts' and also with the tip mods. You can hear a difference obviously but would be nice to see in person.

sleepybear

sleepybear

Jun 17, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I just recently installed a silent Rider it does quiet it down I would say about half the original noise level. I haven't noticed any power loss but I'm not running up and down hills mostly flat driving here in Florida. I also just purchased a heat shield from trigger hoping it will also dampen the sound as well as keep the heat from coming up underneath the seat.
I don't suppose you recorded before/after sound? half the noise would be pretty noticeable. sadly, they don't make silent rider for p520 so i'd have to rig the universal one. still possible though. i have a trigger shield inbound too :)

HiFive

HiFive

Apr 17, 2019
West Central Fl.
Ownership

1. 500
I don't suppose you recorded before/after sound? half the noise would be pretty noticeable. sadly, they don't make silent rider for p520 so i'd have to rig the universal one. still possible though. i have a trigger shield inbound too :)
No recordings, hoping trigger shield finishes the muffling down to a decent level.

Last edited:
crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
The Grizzly tip mod removes the 'fartin in mud puddle' tiny exhaust tip sound. Breaths easier at cruise rpms. The dbs may or may not have changed but the obnoxiousness did....
I may have to try this mod, but its hard to take a saw to the muffler on a brand new rig.

Reactions: Splorin
hondabob64

hondabob64

Oct 22, 2018
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
0BFB3201 C982 4157 9BCE 3B489EAE8E2A

hondabob64

hondabob64

Oct 22, 2018
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
I’ve got a stock muffler to Silent Rider to an aftermarket muffler for triple quiet. No power loss at all & in 3rd gear just creeping around, it’s pretty dang quiet.

sleepybear

sleepybear

Jun 17, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I’ve got a stock muffler to Silent Rider to an aftermarket muffler for triple quiet. No power loss at all & in 3rd gear just creeping around, it’s pretty dang quiet.
Interesting! Any chance you could take a video clip (of the sound/driving) and share it on YouTube or something?

Reactions: crewcabrob
Tom_C

Tom_C

Jul 17, 2021
Virginia, USA
Ownership

1. 500
PM Sent, interested!

No worries, and replied. I posted it for sale but people just crapped on my posts, so I deleted it. I know it's not for everyone, but I have one for sale and I'd rather it go to someone who wants it instead of the dumpster, which is the next step.

If you are interested, PM me.

ADDED: I sent it to Sleepybear. Hope it works out.

Last edited:
sleepybear

sleepybear

Jun 17, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
View attachment 299465
Triple muffler setup on my 2018 Pioneer 500. Stock into Stealth muffler into a Dodge Charger pulloff muffy. May eventually try a Thrush Quiet muffler. No power loss & cruising in 3rd gear it’s super quiet.
I am impressed with that setup! nice. There is a free cell phone app to measure decibels called 'NIOSH SLM'. I ran the app in my honda 520 cab at near head level before selling (with roof and glass windshield) and got readings of 101.4 to 108.6 dB with WOT on pavement with stock tires. I sold my honda partly due to noise but i am sure many members would love for you to take a quick reading while driving with the app - at least i would!

App data for the run described above:
LAeq 101.4 dB
Max. level 108.6 dB
LCPeak 134.4 dB
Projected dose 4336.9%

Reactions: crewcabrob
crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
Interesting, I’ve been working to quiet my p520 down. I’m planning on adding insulation and barriers to cut the transmission of noise. Just need some time to put it in place and test it.

Roo

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
TriggerShield?
I bought a trigger shield earlier this year. It was definitely a great addition to the P520.

The 520 is a little easier to get to the area above the muffler, I plan on creating a heat shield that’s insulated with some sound deadening material that goes over the area where the stock muffler is at. This should further cut down on noise.

I also plan on creating a rubber flap that is at the front edge of the dump bed near the passenger compartment. It should help seal off some of the noise coming from the back end of the vehicle to.

I’m also looking for some stick on rubber mat that I can place on the underside of the roof. There was a distinct noise level increase when we put the windshield and the top on. I feel like the sound just bounces around those hard surfaces with nothing to absorb it.

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
This is a major problem for me, I have so many good ideas that I would like to start fabricating for my pioneer but have almost no free time to work on it.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!