crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
Hi all,

This is one of the things I really want to have for my Pioneer 520, but it looks like work hasn't started on this yet. This is the response I got when I asked about the silencer:

"
Unfortunately we don’t make a custom silencer specifically for your model ATV/UTV.

We do have Universal fit silencers that allow for flexibility in fitting models where we do not have a custom silencer built. Your ATV/UTV needs to have a 4-stroke, non-diesel engine with displacement up to 1000 cc. Our silencers also only fit to round exhaust ports.

The standard BT-99 silencer requires a weld-on adapter that we supply. The adapter diameter is 1.5 inches so your exhaust exit port must be 1.5 inches or smaller for the universal silencer to fit.

Our BT-98 universal fit silencer comes with a 3-hole bolt-on adapter. The adapter bolts right to the muffler tip as long as you have the 3-bolt pattern with holes spaced 2-1/2 inches apart.

Our BT-95 universal fit silencer comes with a 4-hole bolt-on adapter. The adapter bolts right to the muffler tip as long as you have the 4-bolt pattern with holes spaced 2-3/8 inches apart.

The cost of each silencer is $189.00 and shipping within the U.S. is free.

If you purchase a silencer and cannot get it installed or are not happy with it, we do have a 30 day money back guarantee. Just call or e-mail for return authorization and return the silencer back to us for a refund. Please note we do not cover the cost to ship the silencer back.

If you want to order you can give us a call at 866-EXHAUST or you can order it at our website:

UNIVERSAL- Adaptable fit for 1.5

You can also see a sample installation of the universal silencer at

Thanks,

Nikki Peoples, Sales and Customer Service Quad Fab, Inc."

Hopefully there will be enough interest for them to start R/D and production soon.

Any other options you guys know of?

Thanks,

Rob

• Wow
Reactions: Smitty335
Wallace

Wallace

Well that didn't go as planned
Lifetime Member
Jun 28, 2017
Lonoke Arkansas
Ownership

1. 500
Is there that much difference in the rear of the 520 and 500?

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
Yep, the exhaust muffler is straight out the back on the P520 and off to the passenger side on the P500.

Rob

Wallace

Wallace

Well that didn't go as planned
Lifetime Member
Jun 28, 2017
Lonoke Arkansas
Ownership

1. 500
I just looked at a picture. See what you mean. It looks like it would interfere with the dump function of the bed also. I have a silent rider and can't really tell a big difference in noise.

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
Good to know. I have hear feedback both ways, but thought it might be worth it for even a few decibels of noise reduction.

Rob

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Yeah, they suck IMO. It quieted it down a little but not enough to justify the loss of power. Ran it for about 45 mins and took it off at the trail head. Sent it back for a refund.
☝️ ☝️☝️THIS☝️☝️☝️
I was there on the initial ride! Stinky winky too !!!🦨

sleepybear

sleepybear

Jun 17, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Good to know. I have hear feedback both ways, but thought it might be worth it for even a few decibels of noise reduction.

Rob
If you find anything, let us know. I am looking for something too.

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Yeah, they suck IMO. It quieted it down a little but not enough to justify the loss of power. Ran it for about 45 mins and took it off at the trail head. Sent it back for a refund.

☝️ ☝️☝️THIS☝️☝️☝️
I was there on the initial ride! Stinky winky too !!!🦨
I tried one also, ran it for 10 min and sent back for a refund.

sleepybear

sleepybear

Jun 17, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I tried one also, ran it for 10 min and sent back for a refund.
Neither silent rider nor Kolpin seem to make one for the p520 at this time. I'd have to do the universal fit (for either brand), which is a more involved install. All to potentially want to take it off in the first hour. Not ideal! Like the OP, I'm just looking for anything that might help take the noise down a small amount.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Neither silent rider nor Kolpin seem to make one for the p520 at this time. I'd have to do the universal fit (for either brand), which is a more involved install. All to potentially want to take it off in the first hour. Not ideal! Like the OP, I'm just looking for anything that might help take the noise down a small amount.
A jeep or Mahindra?

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
I actually considered a golf cart, but it simply won't do everything I need to do with it. The smallest Honda fits the bill and I see no reason I can't desire it to be a little quieter.

sleepybear

sleepybear

Jun 17, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I actually considered a golf cart, but it simply won't do everything I need to do with it. The smallest Honda fits the bill and I see no reason I can't desire it to be a little quieter.
I agree completely with this.

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
The Silent Rider does make it "marginally" quieter but it absolutely killed the power. It may seem counter intuitive but mine got quieter by opening up the exhaust, I removed the small outlet/baffle and installed a larger outlet with spark arrestor. It got rid of the high pitch of the exhaust note.

HiFive

HiFive

Apr 17, 2019
West Central Fl.
Ownership

1. 500
I just recently installed a silent Rider it does quiet it down I would say about half the original noise level. I haven't noticed any power loss but I'm not running up and down hills mostly flat driving here in Florida. I also just purchased a heat shield from trigger hoping it will also dampen the sound as well as keep the heat from coming up underneath the seat.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!