P500 P520 Silent Rider inquiry

sleepybear

sleepybear

Jun 17, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
No worries, and replied. I posted it for sale but people just crapped on my posts, so I deleted it. I know it's not for everyone, but I have one for sale and I'd rather it go to someone who wants it instead of the dumpster, which is the next step.

If you are interested, PM me.

ADDED: I sent it to Sleepybear. Hope it works out.
I shipped it to Mrmachinist :)

B

bowhunterbaker

Oct 13, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. 520
I bought a trigger shield earlier this year. It was definitely a great addition to the P520.

The 520 is a little easier to get to the area above the muffler, I plan on creating a heat shield that’s insulated with some sound deadening material that goes over the area where the stock muffler is at. This should further cut down on noise.

I also plan on creating a rubber flap that is at the front edge of the dump bed near the passenger compartment. It should help seal off some of the noise coming from the back end of the vehicle to.

I’m also looking for some stick on rubber mat that I can place on the underside of the roof. There was a distinct noise level increase when we put the windshield and the top on. I feel like the sound just bounces around those hard surfaces with nothing to absorb it.
Any reduction in cabin noise with rubber matt on the underside of the roof? Curious what material you used?
Thanks

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
The best thing to use for what you guys are looking to do would be Dynamat. Have used it in door panels for yrs for car stereo installations. It has a sticky back on it but don't know how well or how long it would stick upside down to plastic. Going over it with a thin layer of carpet or fabric would kill a lot of reverberation too.

B

bowhunterbaker

Oct 13, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. 520
The best thing to use for what you guys are looking to do would be Dynamat. Have used it in door panels for yrs for car stereo installations. It has a sticky back on it but don't know how well or how long it would stick upside down to plastic. Going over it with a thin layer of carpet or fabric would kill a lot of reverberation too.
Thanks for the suggestion. I've installed the Trigger shield and it's alot quieter but still planning a few additional aquistical fixes.
Thanks

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
Any reduction in cabin noise with rubber matt on the underside of the roof? Curious what material you used?
Thanks
I haven't had time to work on this yet. Too many projects around the house that require the P520, so taking the top off is not high on my priority yet.

B

bowhunterbaker

Oct 13, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. 520
Same here. It's deer season and the 520s headed north for a month. Appreciate the info and I'll share when I get my roof done

Reactions: Smitty335
KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly

Jan 4, 2017
Ashland, KY
Ownership

1. 500
I used dynomat inside a jeep hard top and it helped. If i can get it clean enough i may even dynomat underside of rear plastic. If riding very far i use noise cancelling ear buds, either Bose or Apple Air Pods Pro.

Reactions: Smitty335
LJP

LJP

Nov 6, 2021
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 520
I used Tractor Interior Upholstery 1 1/2" Bulk Cab Foam on the underside of a Honda OEM roof. Used 3M Industrial Grade Hi-Strength 90 Spray Adhesive. It quieted down the reflective noise. I had extra foam left over and put it behind the seats and the dump box. I also have Trigger's dust/heat/noise shield - that really works. Finally, I used their Bulk Floor Mat Material on the floor, did not glue down, just loose. All told, seems quieter and carry on a conversation without shouting.

J

JP51

Jun 24, 2022
Texas
Ownership

1. 500
I used Tractor Interior Upholstery 1 1/2" Bulk Cab Foam on the underside of a Honda OEM roof. Used 3M Industrial Grade Hi-Strength 90 Spray Adhesive. It quieted down the reflective noise. I had extra foam left over and put it behind the seats and the dump box. I also have Trigger's dust/heat/noise shield - that really works. Finally, I used their Bulk Floor Mat Material on the floor, did not glue down, just loose. All told, seems quieter and carry on a conversation without shouting.
1 1/2" thick seems very thick for purpose, but cannot argue if it was successful. Do think 1/2" would do as well, or perhaps 75% as well at reducing sound?

LJP

LJP

Nov 6, 2021
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 520
1 1/2" thick seems very thick for purpose, but cannot argue if it was successful. Do think 1/2" would do as well, or perhaps 75% as well at reducing sound?
I do not know if 1/2" would be as effective but it should still reduce the reflected noise. I went with the 1 1/2 because it then sealed the Honda OEM roof to the Honda windshield, and the roll cage to the roof. I have an EMP rear panel and was able to jockey that to seal that up also. 1 1/2 will be harder to work with when you put the roof back on. When installing the foam, I cut out the roof attachment points first. An issue is when you glue the foam to the roof and need to cut and glue it to the overhang on the roof. I cut it with a filet knife and rolled the edges under the overhang lip.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!